1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC News GT Sport One makes and Testing

Discussion in 'GBRC News' started by Lunchbox, May 20, 2018.

1. Only had a couple of the cars from your list Jason so ran the others I have too.
    All run at Nurburgring GP on Race Hard tyres.
    Each car run for 3 laps only.

Impreza 2.06.065
    Genesis 2.06.227
    Atenza 2.06.311
    Cayman 2.06.615
    NSX 2.06.622
    GT 2.06.782
    RC F 2.06.897
    Huracan 2.06.952
    Megane Trophy 2.07.095

Given more time the times will fall but hopefully this helps a bit.
    Personally I found the Genesis and the Atenza too planted and easy to drive so I think either of those would run away with the championship.
    The Impreza was horrible to drive but obviously blitzed everything else so I would look at knocking that one off the list.
    As for my choice that I would like to race with, I'd choose either the Lexus RC F as it feels like a bit of a monster, or the Megane Trophy as its just nuttier than squirrell turd.

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Nice job Jim i will take some cars around and see where i stand with your times. yes race hards stock settings just brake balance can be changed.

Robabt111 likes this.
  3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I'm 2 sec of your times Jim but the two cars i ran was very close to each other.
    Impreza 2:08.356
    mustang 2:08.639

Robabt111 and Jimantonic'82 like this.
  4. I left brake balance stock, I guess that will be changeable in the series anyway but just went for 'out of the box' times.

cokebloke and Robabt111 like this.
  5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

managed to get the impreza and the sirocco down too 2:07.5xx

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice work Jim interesting nearly all the cars are in the 2.6's....love the squirrel turd bit

Jimantonic'82 and Robabt111 like this.
  7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

So i went through the gr 4 car list and made a spread sheet of all the gr4 cars showing there max torque using bop i have all the cars i think and will only use real life cars in the series anyway no vgt cars.

I would say set the limit to max torque of 50 and test from there.

Here is the spread sheet with all the cars and max torque

Edit:
    Also if we pick a track i can edit times onto the spread sheet to compare them.

Motorhead_51, Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great work Jason thanks for doing that, would Tsukuba be worth using it has a reasonable straight and won't take
    long to cover each lap.

9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I think Tsukuba would be a great track everybody knows it and it's short.

two votes for tskuba then

Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  10. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Make that 3.

A short lap will make it easier.... So your lookin for lap times from the cars on the spread sheet @Tsukaba?

Will get to it as possible. Sorry I haven’t been much help with this so far Jason. Will try to set aside a late night this weekend for it.

cokebloke likes this.
  11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

no problem Kevin only use cars with a max torque of up too 50 though.

cokebloke likes this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm working on getting on line Tuesday night, it might cost me dearly but will do my best

13. I was originally going to go for tsukuba but thought it might be a little too short and the gaps between the cars might not be as obvious.
    More than happy to try it though.

Just twigged Jason, were your lap times at Nurburgring in an online lobby or arcade time trial? Mine were arcade mode, and the talk of times differing between online and arcade mode that have cropped up got me thinking about it.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  14. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice work Jason a hour on a short and long track will be good as some cars have a advantage on shorter and long tracks if we add long and short tracks in the events

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I ran in arcade mode Jim but i think the difference in time is ability and track knowledge not the cars.

If we have Tsukba and a longer track we would get a good idea any suggestions?

There are 20 cars to use and i have completed my testing on Yamagiwa with more practice in a specific car i think the times would be a lot closer.
    yam1.png
    yam2.png

#35 Lunchbox, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Robabt111 likes this.
  16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a brilliant job thanks for doing that Jason and the times are all so very close.

Yamagiwa is a longish track so as a comparison I believe that track and Tsukba that wold give us a good idea

17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Remember this thread..........

http://www.gtarena.com/community/threads/gbrc-gtsport-test-reference-times.2693/

Even though its great to have mixed make racing where some cars suit tracks better than other, PD keep on changing the BOP which makes things difficult, and kind of moves the goal posts a bit. Apparently the last BOP tweak was done for the new FIA Season, but it looks like (certainly in the latest online Group 4 races at Dragon Trial) that 4WDs such as the Veyron / Huracan / GTR are now the quickest.

Robabt111 likes this.
  18. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Totally forgot about this thread Bruce sorry. :oops:

Well with the spread sheet i have done i can add any laps times with any track and would be easier than typing on the forum, i could add them times to the spread sheet but there a bit out of date.

Robabt111 and bnic11 like this.
  19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice work lads
    Regarding the next event
    Here are some brutal facts we race as members every Sunday and have for the last 5 years.
    There is a hard core of us say 10 that pitch up when they say they will pitch up
    So on that note why are we making a big effort to create a gr4 event for future members that pitch up for the first week and never again
    So why not work on a future event that pitches us regulars together and makes it as close as possible
    This will involve the cars to be as close as possible so one makes
    Tuning not allowed but not to be ruled out for future events as it gets us all out testing midweek
    Steves idea with the leader going to the
    back is another good idea.
    Let the members pick the car so 4 will be put up to choose from over a week previous to the event we then vote for the car we want to see run in the championship.
    Let's up the game and make the next one GBRC champions of champions and big it up on social media let's find the fastest GBRC racer.
    If it's close racing then other recruits will join.
    Gr4 multimake my concern is they seem to be way out and different in class another gt cock up.
    Let the debate begin.

Robabt111 likes this.
  20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I totally see and understand what your saying Carl the GR4 idea was to encourage members particular we thought Paul would enjoy it

The idea of creating a series or races to produce close racing for regular members is brilliant and very much why in particularly Jason and others have put a lot of time and hard work into it with spread sheets etc.

None of the above is a criticism Carl I like the idea the idea in every way and agree it can only be good for the club and the regulars with what your suggesting, I'm crap at coming up with ideas so ideas from yourself, Jason and others that can think outside of the box can only be good with each new idea evolving to better ideas.

So are you proposing we start testing one make GR4's pending what everybody else thinks

Robabt111 likes this.