1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC News GT Sport One makes and Testing

Discussion in 'GBRC News' started by Lunchbox, May 20, 2018.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I see your point Carl ,
    I still would like to race a mixed field new members or not. Not all one makes would give close racing the civics for example are tough cars to drive and don't suit all drivers.
    I have got the gr.4 list down to 20 cars and I think it would be worth a try before giving up on the idea.

Using a car you are comfortable in and can perform might just give the close racing were looking for. hence the time sheet where we can compare times.

Robabt111 and bnic11 like this.
  2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

While its near impossible to get all 20 odd Group 4 cars competitive with each other, you have to admit Jason's times are very close.
    There will be variables such as certain tracks and some cars may not suit certain drivers etc., but if we could just get up to 8 Grp4 cars reasonably close to each other the that would great - a bit of variation as they say.

Mixed make racing has always been successful in the past - Class B & Cs gave some of the best racing ever - just so long as PD dont keep on changing BOP & Tyre Physics too much.

Since my sporting activities on the bike are tailing off for the season now, I'll be making an effort to get back into things & testing is a good way to see if I've got any pace

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I feel if we test different cars tonight and Thursday if you want with mixed cars on track see how close it is with the top perhaps ten from Jason’s testing and from that we can make our own persanol list in ranking order of our own favourites, we feel we enjoyed driving and felt comfortable with, hopefully it will narrow it all down to a few close cars that everyone’s happy with for both single make racing and mixed with a small choice of closely matched mixture of cars

Robabt111, bnic11 and Lunchbox like this.
  4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

There are a lot of variables the biggest one is driver ability Jim for instance is a lot quicker than me. Over a second on the nurburgring but I can reduce that gap with a car that I can drive competitively.
    We will never be that close all the time it is always down to consistency and accuracy.

Robabt111 likes this.
  5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I totally agree Jason the other night I think you were in the McClaran Jim in the NSX and think you were closely matched that’s why hopefully a combination of a few tested and matched cars hopefully produce close racing as well as one make.
    Then we have other groups to try

Robabt111 likes this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Be good to see you on track again Bruce

Robabt111 and bnic11 like this.
  7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yeah, Jim has always been quick at Nurb GP.........its all variables we can't control.

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  8. But then I'm way off of your pace at yaggawoogiemumma so its swings and roundabouts, tracks and cars suit different people in different ways.
    I think stick with Jason's idea of a mixed field.
    I'm not around this thursday but as and when I'll try the cars I have at a few other tracks.

Robabt111, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  9. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I agree a mixed field will be good but I have a feeling pd bop system is no good.
    As I found last night ovals have a totally different bop system.
    On a normal track when racing the cars can give a perfectly close lap time but on track it seems the racing is not that close as some cars have better straight line speeds to others cornering speeds .
    With a car that has say 10 percent more tourqe it will just pull away on the straight out of the corners

Some cars may produce a close race but they will have to have very close power to weight ratio.
    It may be a case we could produce our own classes within gr4 so splitting them into our own groups
    One thing is for sure bop being implemented has been made for the masses not the individual seeking decent racing .

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

The straight line speed through torque was highlighted with the Mustang last week but when we all changed you were in the Alfa me in the Toyota plus other makes on track and we commented on how much closer that was so yes our own classes would bring things closer, It would then come down to all the variables we’ve mentioned.

Hopefully with testing together at various times with as many as possible on track cars can be assessed accurately as racing in “anger” is in my mind a good way of comparing because of what you said the other night, the Mustang held you up on corners but you couldn’t keep up on the straight but at the end the lap times were much the same.

With tonight, Thursday and Sunday we may have more clarity on all of this.

11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Updated OP with the Toyota 86 and the mini cooper 2005

I will be running a mini challenge race in the new year when there is a space in the calender.

[​IMG]

Robabt111 likes this.
  12. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Look forward to that Jason really enjoyed the other night these cars produced some very close racing indeed just what we all enjoy

Robabt111 likes this.