1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Event Open [Jul 20, 2019] F-1 Retro Masters Series. (Fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Fido996, Feb 23, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
F-1 Retro Masters Series.
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : Fido996
Start: Jul 20, 2019 08:00 PM
End: Jul 20, 2019 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Had a go at Nelson Piquet's Parmalat Brabham, quite tricky to get the livery right.
    Got Piquet's Helmet to go with it.
    [​IMG]

#21 bnic11, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Looks like we'll be battling for top Scalextric car! I had both the Saudi Williams and the Brabham BT46 when I was a kid.

bnic11 and cokebloke like this.
  3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

So, had a spin with the Dallara last night. All in standard trim, no tweaks. It wasn't bad. Quicker than the F-1500 with no punch from the power kicking in whilst in the lower gears.

As for changing cars for this series, well, thats up to you guys. Driving wise, there's no real surprises for either car. My only concern is if we did change would we all be able to afford the car before the season opener? Plus, I think the older liveries look better on the F-1500. But, as I said, its up to you guys.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!:)

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Given my lack of participation lately you can ignore my input if you want!
    I like the idea of the season being spread out, hopefully the other guys to and it takes off and sticks, so why not do this first one as planned and use the F-1500 and if it works come back for a second season using the Dallara?
    Genuine throwback liveries for the F-1500 and either newer post 2010 liveries for the Dallara or original own designs perhaps?

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.
  5. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

To be brutal and honest the f1500 is ok detuned but in high power there is that much lag you struggle to use gears detuned its better lag drops ill race anything but the new car is nice .

6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I think we'll stay with the F-1500. Granted, it's not as easy to drive as the Dallara, but it's not difficult once you get used to the way the power comes in. To be fair, I've been shifting early to counteract this, using the car's weight and engine torque to kill the wheelsman. By time the power kicks in all four wheel are pointing in the same direction and you're away!

Thats the theory anyway.:D

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Jimantonic like this.
  7. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hi Chaps!!!!!! If I get out of work early on Sunday I will attend this race. As for F1 livery man that's a hard one. I'm actually digging HAAS new black and gold this year. but I am a sucker for the old Vodaphone McLaren Mercedes. Tough choices indeed.

Also I haven't played (any PS4) game in ages. I should probably get on it. :confused:

Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

It’d be good to have you along.

I’ll be on later today for a final shakedown and set up tweak. Only chance I’ll get until Sunday.

9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Apologies lads, after a few evening sessions with this car I think I'm going to withdraw from the series........doing my best impersenation of Pasto Crashanaldo with it. 1st and 2nd gears are out of bounds on the pad and 3rd is pretty tricky. With no way to modulate the throttle it's just impossible to control. See you all at the next Jag round.:)

10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Would a drop in power help? More weight?

11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I can just about tame it as it is, but it is a bit of a handful in the lower gears max weight and minimum power works better for pads. Im fine with whatever we run but it would be a shame to lose Bruce.

12. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I can't get on now until tomorrow, would someone be able to try it and let me know what they think please? Bruce, would you time to try this before tomorrow?

13. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Tried min power max weight but still a handful, its more the power delivery. Dont change things for me lads, I'll see if I can get more track time for the next round. With lots more practice I would probably get there but struggling for time as training hard on two wheels at the moment.

Fido996 likes this.
  14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Only if your sure Bruce, so back to original settings.

15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Really enjoyed last nights racing great battle with Zeb at the begining and trying to keep the gap with steve was a battle of nerves. Thanks Steve for organising and hosting will update stats when I get home.

Robabt111, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  16. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great nights racing turned out to be better than i thought it may turn out after installing a decent tune and getting the gears right i was able to control the car and it was drivable and a bit of strategy and something different than what we are used to also we have a new fast geezer to chase shame he never ran in the mini series
    Well done to all that competed last night

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.
  17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

First of all thanks to all that turned out, very much appreciated.

The first race in this Retro Masters was dominated (am I still allowed to say that?) by Carl. The only person able to keep any kind of pressure on him was Brandon who made a very impressive debut. Paul and Jason were battling it out for the first part of the race, right up until the first round of pit stops. Mark seemed to be trying a different strategy with the one stop option and Rob's pit crew basically stuck their fingers up and told him to get lost each time he tried to pit!

Big congratulations to Carl, Brandon and Jason for their podiums.

Hopefully there'll be a couple more drivers for the next round to bolster the field. More the merrier!

Championship standings will be posted after the third round when the worst 2 results kick in.

So, for now, here's last nights results.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190407211710.jpg

Robabt111, Lunchbox and Zebaldus like this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Would have enjoyed this still I will be there for the next round Steve

Robabt111, Lunchbox and Fido996 like this.
  19. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Viewing the replay reminded me i first of all entered the pits to quick and spun , after the reset at the pit entry but on track i u turned and re-entered and was promptly reset at the exit on track so one lap with half a lap of fuel was done only to enter the pits and be reset at the exit on track once again . After some investigating into the absence of my pit crew it transpires that it is all to do with someones comment about balls out racing and my crew not appreciating my interpretation of balls out racing . So a new pit crew and racing suit plus crotch is required for next time .
    Awesome stuff Carl a week away didnt slow you any , and Brandon you are getting quicker every time , and Jason is becoming more consistent , well deserved podium spots .
    Cheers for the series Steve and everyone else for being there .

20. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just found out that I'll be missing the next round ( forgot it's my sister's birthday! ). The only other one that I know I'll be out for is the August round as we're off on a tour of Wales taking in the zip wires.