Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Jun 14, 2015] JULY CUP #1 -- P1,P2,GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Jun 2, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
JULY CUP #1 -- P1,P2,GT3
gurizzi
Signups: 10
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Jun 14, 2015 08:00 AM
End: Jun 14, 2015 09:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":

The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Yes, great race!

- Great job by Covettes 'B' Team on winning the GTE Pro class!

2. Constructr

GT3 Club

Gurizzi, you're a punkass.

gurizzi likes this.
  3. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

NEW TIME IN CURRENT GTR LM NISMO SPEC: 3:29.330

BLADErunner80 likes this.
  4. BLADErunner80

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Nice time, hope you don't burn up your tyres tho!

Be there soon just putting my running shoes on!
    lemans69.jpeg

gurizzi likes this.
  5. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Btw my tune has been updated with the current specs and with some new tweaks!

gurizzi likes this.
  6. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Heh, alrighty then. ;)

Actually, I've been getting better at the GTR LM NISMO, including being steady and not push it too hard, just like one of those guys who also had one in one of the practice rooms last week! :D

7. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

WAIT! PS3 FROZE UP! WAIT FOR ME!

8. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

JUST GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES! HAVE TO LET THE THING CHECK THE FILE SYSTEM, LOG IN, THEN GET TO GT6! :eek::eek::eek:

9. Flash_Noddy

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Urgh. So I'm going past Dunlop and the track disappears,leaving my car floating in mid-air. Bloody disc stopped reading. Think PS3 need a thorough clean. Cannot find the words to explain how gutted I am. Just outright sucks.

gurizzi likes this.
  10. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Oh my god, no words to describe how awesome this race was! Great racing to everyone at Le Mans today! My race report will be coming shortly! :D

BLADErunner80 and gurizzi like this.
  11. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Connection issues today. Sorry all, usually we dont have thise problems. Lew, Flash & Jose lost conn. -- I'm sure it will b back to normal for the next round!

- Great drive;
    P1: BLADErunner
    P2: flyhigh
    GT3: HEMI

12. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

BOOJI'S RACE REPORT:

Oh my god, this has to have been the best race I have ever had since Silverstone! I had some mishaps, but managed to get through them just fine! Let me get to Qualifying, then the race!

MAYHEM: BEFORE THE RACE:

I actually had mayhem before the race! My PS3 froze up after @gurizzi told everyone the list of people in the race and what class they were in, which is new to the July Cup. I was in a frantic pace trying to get back online and get into GT6 in time for me to get there before Qualifying started! That's why those frantic comments where made right before the start. Luckily, @gurizzi gave everyone a 2 minute warning, just in time for me to get back in there and get ready.

QUALIFYING:

Qualifying was a bit different this time. Us racers in the P1 and P2 class got a head start from the GT3 guys. My ole' 'rival' p4n-sh0 managed to get the pole with 3:33.107, and I managed 3rd with 3:35.031, which was about 2 seconds shy of the pole.

THE RACE:

Now here's some good stuff! The GT3 cars had to let all P1 + P2 cars get a head start. The race start was a slow one for me and my teammate p4n since our GTR LM NISMOs were FF! This time we had no mess ups in the 1st turn slowing down. Around the time of heading to the Porsche Curves me and brr were having a battle. He almost hit me and I was almost about to go into the grass!
    At the first turn of the Porsche Curves I overshot the braking zone and went into the wall, causing my left rear wheel to break. Then I hit the wall at the second turn of the Porsche curves causing my right rear wheel to break as well!
    I had a bit of a struggle getting back to the pits, but managed to get a splash of gas and a set of RM tires.
    I was near the back this time, so I had to get into high gear, starting with some of the GT3 cars. Managed to get by them nice and smoothly, so it was then time to catch up with the P2 cars, including @gurizzi. Like the GT3 cars, I managed to get by them nice and smoothly.

I noticed at the sand trap at the unnamed corner was JosemiguelCL, stuck on the beach. By this time the P1 cars were pretty far away from me!
    brr and p4n decided to go for a pit stop at the end of lap 6, getting some new tires and some fuel. p4n got out in time so that I couldn't get him as fast, but brr was just starting coming out when I passed him. Me and brr then had a battle going into the Porsche Curves again. I decided to let him go by and catch up to him later, since it was time for my first pit stop. I got a fresh set of RM tires and a full tank of gas. By the time I got out, brr was far ahead of me again.
    Then @Sickwitit went into the pits, giving p4n the lead. It was getting dark, the lights were coming on, and it was about looking out for other cars, especially the GT3 cars. A few times in this race I hit Tertre Rouge a little too hard, either causing me to go too wide at the exit or get a shortcut penalty.
    On lap 13 I heard what was brr's R18 sound, which meant he had gone a bit off pace. At the end of lap 13 it was time for me to pit again. Like before, I got a fresh set of RM tires and a full tank of gas. @BLADErunner80 was in the pits at the end of lap 14, and around that time I caught up to brr, who had made a mistake. I was on his tail, trying to make a pass on him via slipstreaming. We battled from lap 15 to 18, when p4n had a spin out near Tertre Rouge, causing me to slow down. Coming out of Tertre Rouge, however, was interesting. Ole' p4n gave me a hit on the left side, breaking my left front wheel. I was like, "That's not nice, we're teammates." So I had to fight a GTR LM NISMO with a broken wheel all the way to the pits, being cautious with my surroundings. At Forza Motorsport Chicane, I decided to brake early and give him the corner, but it didn't work! He accidentally cut one of the corners and got a penalty for it, which for me I had no other choice but to pass him. I was still keeping race pace, which might get me in trouble, but he was far behind me when he messed up at Mulsanne corner. Then I messed up at the unnamed corner due to my broken wheel, causing me to go into the sand trap and semi-cut Indianapolis. p4n took advantage of this, passing me in the process. p4n then messed up at the Porsche Curves, hitting the wall in the same spot that I did. I almost got him, but due to my broken wheel, I had to back off a little to avoid going back into the wall. At the end of lap 18 me and p4n went into the pits, getting a fresh set of RM tires and gas, and at that same time brr was in the pits too. Me and p4n both came out at the same time, with him being a bit ahead of me. Then coming out of Tertre Rouge I see brr hitting the inside wall, causing a broken wheel. I took advantage of this by passing him. It was now on, me and p4n were gonna have a battle for 3rd place that went on from lap 18 to lap 21, when he went into the pits pretty early. @Sickwitit went into the pits, giving me 2nd place on the last lap.
    I was low on front end tire grip, pretty much saying that I shot the front tires, and I was about to run out of gas. I was coasting throughout the last lap, trying as hard as I could to prevent from running out of gas. @Sickwitit was taking advantage of this, and at the Ford Chicanes when I messed up, he took advantage of it, and I ran out of gas in the last corner, but I still managed a 3rd place finish overall and in class, including my first podium since Silverstone!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall it was an awesome race! I never knew that this would be a 1.5 hour event instead of a 1 hour event! And I managed to set the overall best lap of the race, a 3:33.527, breaking @Sickwitit's best lap of 3:33.579 by 0.052 seconds! I also managed to get +2 transfers, by beating two drivers with the EXP rank!
    Great racing by everyone and congrats @BLADErunner80, flyhigh879, and HEMI on their class wins!

See everyone in the GT3 Club next week! :)

BLADErunner80 and gurizzi like this.
  13. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Points + Transfers up-dated after CUP EVENT #2

14. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Thanks to ALL for participating and Finishing this GT3 Club event!

- Great Drive;

P1 Class: @BLADErunner80 -- P2 Class: flyhigh879 -- GT3 Class: HEMIata !!!

-- Q: I had a great Q session and qualified on pole in class.

-- R: I got off to a great start and the race was very easily under control! After about 5 laps, I had a comfortable lead and was just cruising around. @xX-BOOJI-Xx had an early accident and was re-passing me after having to pit repair damage. Around lap 6-7 I made a mistake and caught my right front on the Armco rail entering the first chicane on 'mulsanne straight' and had a big crash ! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::confused::(:mad::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::p:D:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::(:eek:o_O:oops::(:oops::(:mad::mad::(:oops:o_O:oops:. This resulted in right front damage. More importantly I made sure to get out of flyhigh's way! After I got the car going I didn't think the damage was that big of deal, I was wrong! I guess on P class cars the damage is not as manageable as on the GT3 car. (makes sense) So, anytime I would get over 60mph the car would NOT go straight even with the steering aimed all the way left! I rode the Armco down both straights and used the run-off on the 2nd chicane. I tried to control the car down the straight to Indy but it was far too dangerous with those 2 humps to crest and felt an on coming car at race speed might hit me, so I just put the car on auto-pilot/'Limp home mode'. All the way to the pit. I lost a GANG of time and was out of contention for the win. As I told a few ppl after the race who all were bench racing, "I Stayed up too late watching Le Mans and couldn't concentrate anymore!..." :) j/k of course, that's racing! and crashing will happen ! good drive by flyhigh the class winner! who earned this result! (P2).

xX-BOOJI-Xx likes this.