1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

[Jun 30, 2019] FR Touring Car Championship (GBRC-lunchbox)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Lunchbox, May 14, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
FR Touring Car Championship
GBRC-lunchbox
Signups: 0
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: Jun 30, 2019 08:00 AM
End: Jun 30, 2019 10:00 AM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Heads up just got back in and no psn looks like there is big problems with psn as I have a error

2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

A few countries have had problems reading about it on line

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another good nights racing all round.

Felt my performance was better than last week probably helped by two quick guys Mark and Andy not racing,, but it was still all very close
    as everybody is getting quicker but pleased to finish 3rd behind Steve and Carl well done guys.

Race two got off the line ok and settled into 3rd behind Rob who is no slouch but eventually managed to overtake putting me in 2nd behind Steve. I was keeping my eye on Carl who pitted very early in the race and was way back so I knew I had to keep good lap times in the hope when I did eventually pit hopefully I could rejoin in front of him. Well come the pit stop I did manage to get back out in front but not through driving skill but the fact that Carl had had on off due to a coming together but as I came out of the pits I could see Carl wasn't
    very far back. Carl was catching me on some sections particularly the straight but I gained on some of the corners, in my mind I was wondering due to Carl pitting early did I have a slight advantage on grip so as long as I could produce a big enough gap before the straight
    I might have a chance of holding on to second the last few laps which happened for a while, fortunately for me but not for Carl, Carl got a wheel on the grass had a tank slapper and a slight off which gave me a huge gap advantage for the last two laps allowing me to retain 2nd.

Well done to everybody for another good nights racing and and to Steve and Carl for your blistering performance
    thanks again Jason for a great event look forward to next week I suspect Jason's going to remove his sandbags out of the car and give them back to Jim:p

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

That was a tale of two races last night

Just managed to grab pole from Carl and had a great start and first lap in the first race. Then it all went strange. It’s almost as if I cooked the tyres on the first lap and spent the rest of the race trying to bring them back. Hats off to Carl though, blistering pace. There was no living with that.

Race two: got a great start and was battling for second spot at the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth corners with Rob. Virtually side by side, great driving Rob. Managed to eventually make the move stick and set off after Jason. I got by at the start of the second lap and then started to plan for the pit stop. I then decided, as I had a clear track in front of me, to make hay while the sun shone and got my head down. My only real hope for the win was Carl getting caught behind people either from pit stops or catching them up before they took their stop. If he had a clear run there would be no stopping him. I’ll have a watch of the replay later to see exactly what happened but it seemed Paul pitted early and got out in front and the same with Nigel later on. I decided to pit at half way to get the best from the two sets of tyres.

Everyone is so close now, the main differences being line and small mistakes. I noticed it was very easy to lose the best part of a second in the last sector alone if you weren’t concentrating. I did this a few times in the second race checking various bits of info at the wrong place on the track.

So, off to Austria and the Red Bull circuit next week. Quite a fast flowing track with few opportunities to overtake, should make for good racing.

Congratulations to all the podium winners and thanks to Jason and Nigel for organising and hosting.

See you all next week!

5. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Another awesome race night the closeness of everyone makes for two great races .

Race one starting 5th, after a scintillating last lap qualy by Paul dropped me from 4th , a good start off the line saw me move back into 4th following Nigel and being hunted by Paul . Apart from a few errors that allowed Paul to close on me for a time the head down and concentrate approach seemed to work and i finished in a decent 4th spot .

Race two i am loving the reverse grid and pit stop that the 2nd race brings with it but i have to say cheers Steve that was the best first lap i have ever driven especially with so much side by side but that allowed a wily Nigel to close and out drag me down the straight and i was 4th going into the first corner but the head down and concentrate tactic was still working and soon enough i was in position to capitalize on a mistake by Jason who it has to be said had a very uncharacteristic couple of races no doubt a temporary occurrence and i was in 3rd . The pit stop saw me drop to 4th as Carl passed me as i was exiting the pits and although Carl did make an error allowing me to close the gap for a lap or two i finished again in 4th spot .

Two 4th places just off the podium twice, nice but could be better . Warren Gatland once said that a draw was like kissing your sister but these two 4th spots remind me not of my sister but of when i kissed the teacher and he still failed me :(

Well done on your wins Carl and Steve and for joining them on both podiums Nigel .

Cheers Jason for the series and for the co hosting with Nigel and thank you to everyone for turning up and making it so much fun .

Hopefully psn will stay free of any hostile activity and some testing can be done early signs are i need it .

cokebloke, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  6. aldy13

Club GBRC

Gutted I missed another couple of races and I'm on holiday for a week from this Sunday but may and its a big may be back in time for Nurburgring

Robabt111, cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Well not a lot i can say about Sunday only that i would like to forget it and not talk about it :D

On a more serious but embarrassing note doe's anybody have the results for both races? :oops:

8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just getting them now.

Race 1

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190618181108.jpg

Race 2

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190618181550.jpg

Think I nabbed pole.

#28 Fido996, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.
  9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks Steve your a Star

Fido996 likes this.
  10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Rob's on the climb!

11. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Indeed he needs to watch he doesn't get a nose bleed from being that high, i better foot the ladder for him :)

12. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Is that southern slang for home brew ?

Yup was a bit of a hazard in a previous job too damn nose bleeds , i don't mind the foot at the bottom of the ladders its the giant thumbs that are a concern .

13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

That was a tough couple of races last night, everyone was there or there abouts in terms of pace. I think it was just about consistency with driving line that paid off in the end.

Race one I was just lucky enough to edge away as everyone else sorted themselves out.

Race two I purposely eased off before the first corner gambling on some jostling to occur and to hopefully time my run up the hill. It paid off I think, although looking at the replay this morning, it did seem on the aggressive side at the tight right hander. Apologies to Nigel and Carl for that.

After that, I just played it by ear, trying to adjust to what was happening in front of me. I soon caught Jason, Mark and Paul and was about to pit when Jason peeled off. This left me with a suitable opportunity to bank some time before putting myself. I got a good couple of laps in before catching up with Paul so I dived in. I didn’t think I’d done enough to start with as I came out the pits with Carl and Nigel gaining on me quickly. I took a defensive line into the tight second corner and just concentrated on getting a good drive out of it. From then on I just focused on keeping a tidy line and hitting my markers. I have to say it was probably one of my tidiest drives so far.

Next week will be more spread out I think, a more technical circuit and longer will see to that.

Congratulations to the podium winners, well deserved.

Also a big thanks to Jason for organising and streaming and to Nigel for hosting.

Cheers all and see you all next Sunday.

Zebaldus, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Points updated one driver was deducted points for not changing tyres.

Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.
  15. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Another great nights racing that had two distinctly different performances from me .

Race one starting in 6th not my best qualifying but a decent start saw me jump into 5th which after Jason's early mistake became 4th. With Steve setting an awesome pace and Nigel and Carl chasing i had to work hard to try to stay in touch with them . The place swapping taking place behind me allowed me to comfortably stay in 4th to the finish .

Race two reverse grid starting 4th but a bad getaway didn't bode well and sure enough first corner rookie blues apologies Carl for the bump saw me drop to last . Although i seemed to be on the pace before my pit stop i was certainly off it after and so i came home just in front of the safety car .

Congratulations Steve a great treble and to Carl and Nigel for joining him on the podium for both races .

Cheers Jason and Nigel for all the work and to everyone for joining to make it so much fun .

cokebloke, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  16. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

UPS!!! That must be me then... my misstake sorry =(

17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yet another brilliant nights racing and what a fun it was.

Race one pretty quickly settled down after the first quarter of the lap to a close battle between Carl, Steve, Myself and Rob who's getting
    far to quick these days was always looming close behind waiting for that slight mistake from me and that's how it stayed to the finishing line
    all very exciting and GREAT fun.

Race two with reverse grid and a poor start saw me at the very back of the pack it was then a case of just plugging away trying to catch up
    and pick off anybody i could. After getting by Paul it all gets bit vague for me but trying to catch up and just trying to get fastest lap
    still made it fun even though I was disappointed in myself for finishing so far back but thats the name of the game.

Have to say Rob your doing great keep it up you seem to have gained both speed and race tactics in this series its great to witness and Mark your getting quicker each race as well again great to see.

Thank you so much Jason for yet another well thought out, organised and brilliant series we all really appreciate it and thanks lads
    for the great racing and finally congratulations to Carl for the series win and Steve for runner up.

Robabt111, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

They were the most intense races of this series by far. Everyone was on it and nothing being given away. Just as it should be.

Qualified third for the first race which was an intense battle from start to finish. There was nothing to separate myself and Carl, but the presence of both Nigel and Rob meant that any mistakes would cost me dear. So, I settled in to follow and watch, making sure to keep any eye on the rear view mirror. I soon realised the only way I was going to get by was to get Carl off the racing line. This meant getting along side at some point and his VW has good punch out of the corners. I eventually got level at the first corner and we were side by side through the next three, by which time I'd done enough to make the move stick. But I couldn't get away. Carl pushed all the way to the finish, with Nigel and Rob still in tow.

Race two had me starting from the back. I got caught up with Paul in the first corner. Apologies Paul if I sounded harsh, I should've seen the replay first. It was just a racing incident. Nigel was by you and then slightly jinked left to avoid Mark just as you were about to make for the corner. This had both your cars locked together, both turning towards each other. Which was when I arrived trying to go around the outside running out of track rapidly. So, once again, apologies to you.

The race settled down after this, Carl pitted first but then most of the front runners pitted also, effectively cancelling each other out in terms of running order. Jason remained out the longest but eventually came in which left Mark up front setting a searing pace. I eventually caught and passed Rob for third only to later throw it into the kitty litter and end up further behind. After that I was continuously over driving the car in a bid to salvage a podium and this ended any chance of catching back up. Mark took a thoroughly deserved win followed by Carl stamping his claim on another series Championship win, and Rob, who's persistence paid off with a fastest lap in the first race and a great third spot in the second.

Another great and hard fought series with some pleasant surprises thrown in. It's great seeing people get to grips with a car and getting the most from it.

A huge thank you to Jason for all the time and effort put in organising the event and to everyone that attended. Thats what makes these races a joy to be part of!

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

After coming back with the new car and joining with no practice I was extremely happy with the results 2nd race I was hitting the pace well done Steve and Mark and Rob seems by the end off every race championship every one is on the pace I shows if you put the time in then you will be up there must say this was some of the best racing I have had and I'd say if you take a look at me and Steve's races you will see some close clean racing this is what it is all about.

20. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

[. So, once again, apologies to you.

saw the replay myself so NP :) It was tight.

cokebloke, Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.