1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Jun 7, 2015] Q3 GBRC KOTR (fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC KOTR
fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Jun 7, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Jun 7, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Me too Steve............will be a last minute setup after watching the Monaco GP tonight

2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nah, can't be doing with F1. I'll be sorting out a couple of routes for next week. Already got the hill at Melmerby plotted. Getting psyched to get to the top now without stopping. Not going for speed otherwise I won't make it!

3. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I guess the tune posted in the set ups thread isn't competitive?

Anyone going 10mph faster on the straight will have had to give up some acceleration to get it. There's a hell of a lot of corners to take advantage of the latter.

4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great stuff Steve - The Melmerby - Hartside climb is pretty tough at the bottom, just as you come out of Melmerby Village, its heavy going, there is a straight road with a gradual climb then it turns left up a kick which is deceptive, looks easy but in fact is hard. Once you get your rhythm & dont push too hard, you'll be fine. Lots of little twists & turns most of the way up but nothing too steep, just a constant wearing down. It eventually straightens out near the top & you can see the Hartside Cafe at the summit. Usually you tend to get a tail wind up which is a big help, oh & watch out for sheep !;)

Best of luck & enjoy !

Fido996 likes this.
  5. TwiztedZero

Club GBRC

Curious to know if it is legal to tune the car under the 377 bhp but still meet the 1120 kg and 500 pp?

6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Here's tonight's provisional results ( subject to Race Admin confirmation )

Pole Cokebloke 9:04.xxx great time!

Race 1

1: Cokebloke
    2: TwiztedZero
    3: Ejd_IRE
    4: Zebaldus
    5: Bnic11
    6: Motor_Head51
    7: GBRC_Fido996 FL 9:07.681
    8: VagueGT. DNF

Race 2

1: Bnic11
    2: Cokebloke. FL 9:07.877
    3: TwiztedZero
    4: Zebauldus
    5: Motor_Head51
    6: GBRC_Fido996
    7: Ejd_Ire. DNF

Cheers for tuning up tonight, great racing once again. Was hoping to make a better showing for race two but changed too much between races and ended up making the car almost indriveable. Lesson learned. Again!

Next week, final round with the RUF 3400. Here hoping for a good turn out for the final races of this season.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

Motorhead_51, bnic11 and cokebloke like this.
  7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Another hectic KOTR round. I did not have much time to setup the car, so started with a tune I'd used before, but it was far to stiff for the Nurb - felt like I was driving a dodgy shopping trolly.

Race 2 was much better, softened everything up & sorted the gearbox which was too high for Race 1. Got a decent start & Steve went off while in the lead, so got a bit of a lead of 8 secs. Coke pitted on lap 1 so when I pitted lap 2, I was expecting to see him come past. Just managed to stay ahead, although Coke ran wide which gave me a bit of a buffer for a lucky win :)

Jimantonic, Fido996 and Motorhead_51 like this.
  8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Jimantonic, Fido996 and Motorhead_51 like this.
  9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll make sure I'm there next week, Friday and Saturday were a bit hectic with the kids as the Mrs was away Friday night.

10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really enjoyed last night. 1st race just all came together, call it luck or what ever but it worked out well.
    Then My PS3 froze......had to reboot.......friggin PS3.........
    Started race 2 knowing because of the robot I would start 1st on the grid but had to move over to effectively start last. Friggin hell misjudged that and let everyone by and rejoined what felt like half a lap behind but head down and arse up stuck at it to try and catch up. Decided to pit at the end of lap one and still everyone was way way ahead until the end of lap two and for what ever reason (not skill) managed to get by most people in the pits at the end of lap 2.....apart from bnic and just tagged on the back of him leaving the pits.
    Thought ok he's on cold tyres so I will overtake him.......no way, the bugger was way to quick, tried as hard as I could but I could the bnic was still to quick and I ended up on the grass. decided then to concentrate on coming 2nd and maybe getting fastest lap which happened to work out due to luck rather than skill.
    But where ever I finished the fact remains it was a brilliant nights racing with a good bunch of blokes.

11. TwiztedZero

Club GBRC

I figured you went off somewhere pushing hard because I couldn't see you for awhile and then suddenly I am 5 seconds behind you at the end.

12. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi, sorry cant drive. The ***** wheel dont work anymore. I can find it on the PS3 but it center upside down.
    On the PS4 it takes for ever to find it, when it does it center upside down. Guess its because its spinning like crazy before the ps4 can find it.
    pCARS broke it.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sounds daft, but you are flicking thePS3/PS4 switch as you move between consoles? Or it may need a software update.....

14. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Done both =( I think something is boken you can turn the wheel to much to the left. Handing it back to the store tomorrow. Good luck tonight.

15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Once again, some great racing to be had at last nights event with the championship being decided in the last race.

So, here's the provisional results ( subject to Race Admin confirmation ).

Pole Cokebloke 8:56.xxx

Race 1

1: GBRC_Fido996 FL 8:57.069
    2: Bnic11
    3: Cokebloke
    4: Motor_Head51
    5: VagueGT

Race 2

1: Cokebloke ** Champion **
    2: Bnic11
    3: VagueGT Fl 8:59.349
    4: Motor_Head51
    5: GBRC_Fido996

It's not 100% official yet, but congratulations to Cokebloke on a thoroughly deserved Championship. He now takes the crown for King of the Ring.

Thanks to everyone for sticking it out to the end. It's never easy racing here. This now wraps up our Q3 season.

Keep an eye out for details about Q4 very soon.

Cheers for reading.

Steve.

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Congrats to Cokebloke, both Coke & Fido where totally dominant & consistent throughout KOTR & thanks to Steve for hosting & organizing.:)

Bit disappointed with the turn out for the last round ( and last race) of the season. Only 5 in the room is not good enough, especially on a long track like the Ring.

Quite happy with two 2nd places, tried a different strategy to everyone else by pitting end of lap 2 & not getting held up in the pit lane, which worked.

Will post Championship standings later on

Bry_St3r and Fido996 like this.
  17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

KOTR Final Championship Standings :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2tDF27EV-bQGo_IShFTmzOrQBE/edit#gid=107026650

Congratulations to Cokebloke on his first GBRC Championship win !

Cokebloke 184pts were enough to win the series, followed closely by Fido with 173pts. Bnic11 finished 3rd with 149pts. I must also mention Motorhead in 4th place with 105pts as it was his first KOTR & a big learning curve for him. Also VagueGT for 5th place with 104pts, even though he was driving with a broken foot.

Please keep an eye out for the end of season review, when the GBRC Q3 Champion will be announced !

Bry_St3r, Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  18. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congratulations on your first championship win Cokebloke, well done Nigel. ;)

Bry_St3r and Fido996 like this.
  19. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Coke on your championship victory and to Fido and Bnic on the podium.

Bry_St3r likes this.
  20. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Welldone Nigel!
    Congratulations on your first championship! I must admit, I am suprised to here it's your first.....
    Thank you Steve for hosting and to Bruce for the mention.... It was a steep learning curve. To go to Nurb and run against AI is one thing.... You can make many mistakes and still get the win. Against you gentlemen, was completely different! Had to be 110% focused just to hitch on to the rear bumpers!
    Thank you Shay for one last good battle last night and thank you to all of you for the great racing all season! Can't wait til next time!

Bry_St3r likes this.