1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Jun 7, 2015] Q3 GBRC KOTR (fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC KOTR
fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Jun 7, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Jun 7, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

What with holidays and family using the games room I didn't actually get to drive this car until a couple of hours before the race. Setting up was fun. The back was bouncing around and the front just didn't want to bite on turn in. But I got to somewhere near acceptable and all I had to do then was learn the cars breaking points. I must admit that, in general, the car felt like it was skimming over the track most of the time, not really in contact.

Also, before hand, I'd apprised myself of the points situation and released just how much work I'd got to do to try and overhaul the lead that Coke had. Seven points doesn't sound a lot but it meant I had to get by and post at least a pole or fastest lap to be in with a shout in the final race.

Qualifying, and I took the out lap really slow. Never really going over 100mph. This meant that I started my hot lap with almost completely new tyres that would go the distance with no real drop off in performance. Two offs caused me to lose time and ended up second and four seconds off the top. Cokes lead now extended to ten points.

The race got under way, Vague getting in front of me by the first corner. I got the position back and set off to try and keep as close as I could to Coke. We stayed like this until the first pit stops. Coke had about a two second lead going in but on the way out the computer released me just as Coke was drawing along side. This caused me to be pushed sideways across Cokes front bumper just as we were both given control back. I looked at the replay and the cause was, whereas most cars in the pits get turned sharp left then right as they exit their respective bays, the one I was in gets released straight forward as its the closest to pit exit with nothing to obstruct it. And Coke, being the true gent, waited and let me regain position. I then managed two mistake free laps to take the win and fastest lap. Coke had a couple of offs on the last lap and finished third. The gap was now one point in favour of Coke with one race to go.

Race two and my plan was to stay as close to Coke as possible and go for the overtake on the final straight and hopefully give no means for him to get back past. But, as usual, my concentration had other ideas. I got ahead of Coke but was mindful of how close he was behind. Whilst checking the mirror after coming out of the Caroselle I took the first left hander in the wrong gear and drifted wide onto the grass. This put me out of control, losing loads of time in the process. My only hope was that I could make another fastest lap and perhaps Coke would make a mistake. In the end I got neither, Coke drove an impeccable race not only taking the win but the Championship in style.

Its been a great series as usual at The Ring, was just a shame we didn't have more drivers throughout.

Thanks to everyone that took part and see you all for Q4.

If you've got this far, thanks for reading.

Steve.

2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Fido996 likes this.
  3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Nige on the championship, thoroughly deserved no doubt.

Apologies for not making it, almost got on at about 8.15 but thought better of it as I didn't want to disturb quali, it had been a long week to say the least!!

4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done to Nigel on a super kotr even with all the stress currently
    Currently I don't have time to tune and set up cars for 1 night so failed to compete in the last 2 events to that fido and rams I opligise even with a event with tuning I find it ni impossible to set up a car to my liking and enjoy much more the non tuning events to me GT s tuning makes no sense at all but cheers to all who took time to make this seasons events the lotus 1 being a highlight bring on more like that good close racing.

5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

WOW!!!! my very first championship win.
    Entered a bit like Fido with no real time to set up, but felt kind of ok with the car. I knew Fido was going to be chasing the points hard so did the same, slow out track to save the tyres for that one flying lap and bingo managed pole. Then started thinking well if I can finish ahead in the first race and maybe fastest lap I could be ok. Well the PS3 gods thought different, end of lap one pulled into the pits 2 secs ahead of Fido, my car was already jacked up when Fido pitted right in front of me but because his bribe to the pit crew was bigger than mine his crew worked faster and we both left the pits at the same time and through no ones fault we made contact and the poor old bugger ended up worse off, so I waited and tagged on the back of him only to loose it further round the track (don't know corner names) I was probably focusing to much on trying to catch up and just misjudged it. After that had dirty tyres for a while and settled for third with bnic being second.
    Fido announced in the interval we start the last race with me one point in the lead, i so wanted to win a championship and this was the closest for a long time so now the pressure was on.
    Cant remember exactly but I got a good start but on the first bend touched Shay and sent him slightly wide, slowed up to give the position back but Fido was right behind Shay and I knew it would be tight before the next corner for Fido to get through as well and fortunately for me he didn't. As I thought Fido did get buy me I think on the straight from memory and I knew then my chances now were very slim but thought If I can just stay very close if there was any mistake I may be able to take advantage. Next thing Fido did make a mistake which gave me a good advantage now all I had to do was to catch up bnic to gain the lead. I had already pitted but knew bnic still had to and fortunately I overtook bnic while he was in the pits.
    Now I was nervous one more lap and didn't want to get over excited so drove a brisk lap and took no chances, I knew bnic was catching but calculated as long as I stay on the track I will get the win.
    Brilliant series and thanks for hosting it Steve and well done to yourself and bnic for 2nd and 3rd

Thanks again lads

Bry_St3r and Fido996 like this.