1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Logo, image request gtsport

Discussion in 'GBRC Chit Chat' started by Lunchbox, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Any logos you may need post them here and i will see if i can create them for GTsport.

I have created and shared a lot of decals with more on the way.

To access them go to your profile by clicking the gt logo top left of the screen in gtsport then select my menu, from there click on friends and find my name from the list.
    press R1 until you get to my gallery and select decals you should see all the decals i have created.

There now is a GBRC Folder with the most common decals for you to upload.
    This folder will include race numbers and names.
    Folder can be found here.

There are two GBRC logos one with a gap at the bottom right and one without in this demo video i will show you how to use the one with the gap.

#1 Lunchbox, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Jimantonic'82 and Motorhead_51 like this.
  2. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

To start off I need the gbrc logo, if anyone has the logo could you please post it here.

The best quality image is preferred.
    Thanks

#2 Lunchbox, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Motorhead_51 likes this.
  3. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Done... =)
    Perhaps someone else have a better one but I got that one from Bruce.

Lunchbox likes this.
  4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Thats the best one I have. The originals were done by someone else, many years ago. The 'Racing Club' part of the text wont be good quality, but maybe we could change it......lets see want can be done and what quality we get

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks chaps I will work on it tonight.

6. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Good new and bad news.
    I managed to create our logo in svg format to about 6-8kb.
    But creating text uses a lot of space so i cant add the racing club part.

Here is a the new GBRC logo until i can work out how to reduce the file size with text.
    Tell me what you think chaps.

GBRC Logo SVG

PNG Version can be found here with new racing text on a transparent background.

7. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for doing this Jason, one idea what about using R.C. instead of Racing Club just a thought.

8. There must be someway of getting that onto the game so everyone here can simply grab it from there?
    I've downloaded a couple of decals from there to use, how to those people get them on there for others to use?
    (Bit behind the times with this stuff really!)

9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Good idea Nigel i will look at that angle thanks.

Well Jim there are only a certain amount of players that can upload at the moment the rest of us will have to wait a bit longer.
    I could try and get someone on gtplanet to upload it. I still need a little time with the logo first though.

Jimantonic'82 likes this.
  10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

So with the logo done i started work on the text i had to trace it in vetr and cut down on the paths for each character. i have managed to get the text within the limits of 15kb
    This means we will have to use two decals to create our logo on cars, one logo and one text.

Racing club svg here

once the download feature is available you can get the svg from me because i don't know how to save them from a browser.

11. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice work Jason where on earth did you learn that sort of thing, we use iPads to place orders at work one of my customers always laughs and comments ' I love watching you on the iPad Nige its like caveman meets electricity" but I do try.

12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Well a lot of patience and trial and error not to mention a lot of reading.

What I will do next is make the text part smooth and fluid as it is still a bit blocky.

cokebloke likes this.
  13. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Good work Jason...........once the feature is up & running for everyone are we all going to pick a specific spot to place this (side of car etc) Maybe a gtarena.com decal on the rear of the car would be good to spread the word about the Club.

14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I think artistic license will dictate where to place the logo.
    Maybe a GBRC car livery if any of us join public lobbies.

After my text re-work I will design various gtarena logos and text.

Jimantonic'82 and cokebloke like this.
  15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

So to update you all i have completed the GBRC logo and have tried to get someone on gtplanet to upload it but there festooned with requests so looks like we will have to wait.

I have managed to create the gtarena logo but i have put a black border around the characters to make them pop.

I have learned how to save the image from a browser and will update the op to help explain it members new to svg files.

When you view a svg file from a pc hold ctrl and use the mouse wheel to zoom in you will notice no pixelation and the quality is excellent.
    if you view from a tablet or phone then use you fingers to enlarge it like you do with a normal photo.

gtarena logo here

Next i will work on a dot com and maybe a team GBRC, GBRC Racing etc.
    Any questions just ask online tonight.

16. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yep, i will shamelessly promote the website with these when avaulable

17. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Was wondering if this would be acceptable for a club car number decal?
    Your thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

Car number decal.

Fido996, bnic11, ejd_eire and 3 others like this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

I like it personally, I'm also thinking I could put a smaller version on the rear of the car somewhere and put my PSN name on it....nice one Jason.

Zebaldus likes this.
  19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Looking good Jason nice work.

cokebloke likes this.
  20. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

There isnt a big enough like button, that's awesome. Well done.

cokebloke likes this.