1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Mar 15, 2015] Q3 GBRC Manufacturers Multi Class Challenge (GBRC_JannerJim)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Manufacturers Multi Class Challenge
GBRC_JannerJim
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Mar 15, 2015 08:00 PM
End: Mar 15, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. PAPPACLART

Aministrator

I feel no longer required :-( lol

Jimantonic likes this.
  2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just checked J and I've got you showing as a 1.37.199 for your last lap which was your fastest.

I'll ask Race Admin to double check incase its a glitch in the matrix...

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats to Jim, Nuts and Jamie for the podium finishes in the championship. Most races there were three group battles going on with some close one to one battles thrown in. Must admit last night was one of the best battle for a long time with every lap being bumper to bumper with Zolon, good one Zo.
    Thanks for putting that series together Jim and well done for winning the championship.

numbnuts70, Fido996 and Jimantonic like this.
  4. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Jim, Nuts and Jamie.

Apologies for early exit, a trying day from the get go and just ran out of patience.

numbnuts70 likes this.
  5. JamienGem

Club GBRC

I'm sure you're right, it was a long night!

6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Last night had just about everything, close battles, silly mistakes ( mostly from me ! ), the hoo-ha over the second race and most importantly, some more great racing.

So, the cars for this event. A mini-cab, a car which is probably every tuners dream and the race thoroughbred. The Primera just loved to get the wheels spinning on the exit of every corner. I never knew there was so much power lurking beneath the bonnet ! ( Sorry, hood for our fellow racers from the States ;) ) It rewarded clean,smooth and consistent lines and showed during the week that this was where the closest racing may take place. However, any mistake at all resulted in ground lost which was incredibly difficult to regain on another well driven car. My mistake with this car was not being aware in the twisty section towards the end of the lap which resulted in me driving into Nuts and taking him out. Apologies for that, entirely my fault. This put me plumb last with a huge gap to make on Coke. Catching him was just never going to happen.

The R34 promised so much, but somehow ( to me at least ) seemed to fall woefully short. It just felt so heavy and cumbersome. At the end of the straight it just felt like it was never going to stop. But, it was the same for everyone and it made for some great battles. My race with this ( race 1) saw a field of five competitors in this car with Nuts being the quickest of the bunch. No change there then! :) The race got underway and we all seemed to arrive at turn one together. Everything got mixed up and we all came out of the corner with me just holding a tiny lead with Zolon pulling along side aiming for the inside of turn two. It ended up with contact between us as we both went for the same piece of tarmac and I took to the run off to avoid spinning on the grass. I ended up rejoining last in class. The chase down was on. Vague spun as I got back on track, but it took a few laps to catch up with Zolon and Coke. It helped that they were having a right ol' ding-dong. Side by side, position changes and copious amounts of tyre smoke as they both fought to stay in front of each other and all the while I was able to slowly claw back the lost ground. First, Coke by out braking him into the tight twisty section and then Zolon a lap or two later as he slid on the exit of a corner. All I had to do then was chase down Nuts! :eek:

Third race for me was in the GT500. Great handling as you'd expect from a race prepped car but would still bite by spinning up if you weren't awake. A poor start from pole saw me lose three positions, and well, it never got any better from there really. Pushing too hard and a lack of consistant times put paid to any chance of a decent result in this race. Shame, as I felt really confident with this car after practice during the week. Consistently down into the low 36s. Still, at least I got the fastest lap in that race. Or so I thought. After looking at the replay Jim managed to smash it on his last lap! AAAAAHAHHHHHH!!!! That would've put me one point ahead of Coke in the final standings! AAAAAHAHHHHHH!!!!

I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed this series. Driving cars we wouldn't normally go anywhere near which produced some close racing. I noticed last night in qualifying that there was three of us covered by a tenth or so. Great stuff!

Congratulations to Jim for the taking his own Championship :p and to Nuts and Jamie on their podium positions.

Another series done and dusted. A huge thanks to Jim for organising and hosting these events and for the quick turn around on results posting each week. :) It's good to wake up Monday morning and have a look over the table standings.

See you all during the week in your Hondas!

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

7. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

An absolute pleasure. Would have taken me all night to write up something that long.

Fido996 likes this.
  8. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done to Jim on winning the championship, good pace and good tactics.
    Good on Jamie also for pulling a solid 3rd place out of the bag.
    Also congrats to everyone else who took part and made the effort to make the championship enjoyable.........weird but enjoyable.

Jimantonic, JamienGem and Fido996 like this.
  9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  10. Bry_St3r

Club GBRC

Been keeping an eye on this one and it appears it was a good one.

hopefully I will have more experience soon and will be able to have the confidance to join in the next multi championship.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  11. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just Do It =)

Bry_St3r, Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic like this.