1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Mar 20, 2016] GBRC PCars - Road & Race Series (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jan 3, 2016.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC PCars - Road & Race Series
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Mar 20, 2016 08:00 PM
End: Mar 20, 2016 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Last night was a bit of a mixed bag for me. I went from feeling really confident with the road car to wondering what the hell was going on and being two seconds a lap slower!

It started just after warm up. From memory I got down into the low 14s. And that was on full race set-up! Then, just a s qualifying was about to begin, myself and Nigel got dc'd. I got back into the room and saw that there was just over eight minutes left to go. Enough for two, maybe three laps if I pushed it. Didn't notice anything wrong with the out lap as I was taking it relatively easy just to get some heat into the tyres. It all started to go wrong from the first corner. I braked at my normal point and over shot. The car was feeling sluggish and a little soft and vague on the road. Got to the first split and was down, although I was sort of expecting that after the first two corners. Got to the second split and I'd lost more time. I couldn't understand it. Then I saw how much fuel the was and it was almost a full tank. Whats happened? I didn't have time to sort it out before the race started so I just had to go with it and keep it on track.

Got a decent start to the race and soon realised I wouldn't be able to pull away. Although it did make things really tight for a while. I got a gap at one point of about four seconds and I thought maybe it wasn't so bad. Then Carl got in front of the chasing group and caught me in next to no time. After that Kev caught me and started to apply the pressure. It worked as well as I made a silly mistake by allowing too much room and Kev decided to have a look. As I then saw his car at the last second, I quickly turned the wheel to avoid contact and this sent my car out of control losing me more places. So, not a good first race. The result of the disconnection was a car that was completely stock.

I knew the second race would be tight with these cars but I just couldn't put a lap together. Got second somehow, still not sure how I did that! I knew I had to get to the first corner as close to the front as I could if only to stop Carl getting away. This was when I made a complete hash of the start selecting gear far too early with no footbrake. So before the lights and even changed I had a mountain to climb. Looking back now I went in for the drive through far too early. I should've kept going hoping to increase any gap and hopefully rejoin in a decent position. I could close the gap to Kev who had an impeccable drive, but I couldn't do it quick enough to affect the outcome.

Congratulations to the podium guys for last night, there was some great racing going on and thanks to Bruce for organising and hosting once again.

Hopefully I'll have everything sorted next week for the RUFs.

Cheers and thanks for reading.:)

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry Bruce as you know we took Scott and his wife to Cardiff arrived Thursday evening then Scott had to be rushed to Cardiff hospital where he will be for a while so won't be back on Sunday, sorry to back out.......good luck everyone for the race.

3. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hope all will be well for Scott and wishing the best of luck to you all Nigel! We will be missing you.

Jimantonic likes this.
  4. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

These Porsches are something else! I don't know why I enjoy them so much more on PCars than in GT6. Don't get me wrong, they can catch you out just as easily but when a good lap comes together, the two cars just work really well.
    One thing though.... I wonder if any of you are having sound issues with the road car in online lobby? I have had sound issues with other cars but with this RGT8 it seems to be a more common occurrence. Sometimes it sounds fine, everything working, then sometimes all I can hear is the exhaust, tires, and wind, and no engine sound. I can get it around ok like this but it is hard to hear the shift points, gear changes, and I miss out on the sence of how much throttle I am using.....

Fido996 likes this.
  5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Best wishes to you all, hope all goes well. :)

cokebloke likes this.
  6. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

In our thoughts Nigel, hope all goes well for Scott

cokebloke likes this.
  7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hope all goes well Nige, as usual you know where I am.

cokebloke likes this.
  8. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks lads for the support it's a real mare

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

That's no problem Nigel, hope everything is ok

cokebloke likes this.
  10. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cross my fingers that everything goes well. Tuff that =(

11. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good luck Nige hope all is OK

12. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Need to ask a quick question guys if you don't mind.

Those of you that have had problems with Thrustmaster wheels, could I ask exactly what happened? The reason being mine has now stopped being recognised by the PS4 and continuously turns one and a half turns left and then straight back in the opposite direction to the stop. None of the buttons respond, firmware is up to date and it's all been unplugged and reconnected only for the same thing to happen. I have a ticket open with Thrustmaster but unless they work weekends, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to make it tomorrow. I could try the DS4 but I haven't used anything like that for a long time now and it'll probably make me a menace during the races.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

13. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats exactly what happened to mine Steve and talking to Thrustmaster because the unit was only 4 weeks old and they said the main circuit board had failed which is a fault they new about and they replaced the wheel.
    Sorry to give you that news.

14. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers for that Nigel. I feared as much. I'll wait and see what Thrustmaster have to say. I read somewhere that these wheels have a two year warranty. Hopefully that's the case otherwise I'll be out for a while.

cokebloke likes this.
  15. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I only had the T80. Nothin fancy. Couldn't tell you what went wrong with it. But Thrustmaster replaced it and asked that I send them a picture of the wheel with the USB cut....... Do you have a provider that sells them Steve? You know, the old switch and bait?

cokebloke likes this.
  16. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks to Bruce first off for the effort put in for continuosly keeping our racing going.

I first tried these cars at about 5 in the afternoon and was instantly impressed that there were two cars in this game that handled as I'd want straight out of the tin.
    The GT3 so much so that I only did two or three laps and went back to the road car to get used to that a little more.

Race 1 was a little bit of a case of follow the leader once Kev had pulled away with a bit of pressure from Bruce early on, with only one spin from myself I was actually quite surprised to get second, I thought I would have a few more spins once the tyre 'Hockenheimed' and went red on the left side, but they stayed a healthy colour all race (more on that subject later...).
    Well done to Kev for some cracking pace and consistency.

Race 2 and during quali I was saying to myself I could drive this car all day, it really was a great car to drive.
    Got pipped off the line by Kev, I've no idea how to get a good start in this game!
    Nice bit of wheel to wheel in turn 2 and a bit of defense needed at the hairpin was good fun, but being a bit too wild at the wheel gave Kev the place back soon enough and allowed Carl to close up.
    Tried to get my head down but was still too aggressive and kept making silly mistakes giving Kev a bigger lead but leading to some nice wheel to wheel stuff with Carl.
    Eventually pulled a little gap out on Carl, but then even though tyre temps were steady and less than half wear on the left rear I struggled for grip and had a spin or two allowing Carl to pass and pull a gap.
    But with no apparrant change in tyre conditions the grip came back allowing me to close the gap a bit but it was too little too late.
    Still one of the most enjoyable races I've had on PCars to date though!

I'd agree with Bruces comment about the tyre temp indicator being wrong last night, just didn't seem to make much sense.

Motorhead_51, cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  17. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Just about to leave on hols this week, so apologies for not posting results.

Well done to Kevin for two great wins & also clinching the Road & Race Car Series overall.

I'll post up some Sunday racing when I get back, many thanks to everyone for joining.

Cheers, Bruce

18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congratulations Kevin, thoroughly deserved.

Happy hols Bruce, thanks for all your time and effort with this series. See you when you get back.

Motorhead_51 and cokebloke like this.
  19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Kevin your getting quicker every week and thanks Bruce for putting the series together.....have a good holiday.
    I did say I would put something together for Thursday night but still in Cardiff hospital they are trying to organise Scott being transferred by ambulance back to Cornwall so have to say not sure when I will be back racing for obvious reasons although I am missing it..
    Cheers gents

Jimantonic likes this.
  20. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Best of luck Nigel, fingers crossed for you all. :)

cokebloke likes this.