Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Mar 22, 2015] March CUP #5 - P1/PC & GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Mar 17, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
March CUP #5 - P1/PC & GT3
gurizzi
Signups: 14
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Mar 22, 2015 08:00 AM
End: Mar 22, 2015 09:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":

The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. Fred_dude

GT3 Club

wut? a 1:17? don't you mean 2:17?

2. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

That's 1 hour, 17 minutes. He jogged it. Had Google maps set to walking directions :p

gurizzi likes this.
  3. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Today's my day to shine! image.jpg

4. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

No I'm just that fast now ;) Lol jk

5. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Now my internet rips me off from finishing the race! Guess another race in the PC class! :mad:

6. Fred_dude

GT3 Club

I'm not gonna say ONE word, not ONE word about my race....you all won't hear me until the next race.. from now on, i'm gonna shut my mouth for an entire week because you have no idea how furious I am right now...see you all next sunday.

7. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

unofficial

- DC: Fred_dude - last in GT3 class
    - DC: BoojiTravis - PC finish

Attached Files:

xX-BOOJI-Xx likes this.
  8. Constructr

GT3 Club

Nice job Blade!!

gurizzi and Gregson like this.
  9. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

So I'm unofficially in P1, or does it not work like that?

10. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Thermite's Race Report

I tweaked my setup a little bit before qualifying to give me a little more stability, and I think it helped. Qualifying was pretty decent. Was able to pull off one clean lap which was good enough for 3rd.

Had a clean start to the race. I went wide and gave plenty of room in turn 1 after what happened to me the last time we raced here. I had no pressure behind me going into Eau Rouge so I took it cautiously. That allowed gregsahne to get a run down that straight and pass me, but then he overshot the next turn, so I now set my sights on Bobby. I made a nice pass on him on lap 2 and then started to run down Gappasson. I noticed I was faster than him, especially in a couple sections, and I was able to pass him a couple laps later in the same spot I passed Bobby. Shortly after moving into 2nd place, I noticed I was keeping up with Fred pretty nicely, so I started to have hope I might be able to get to him at some point. We pitted with 39 minutes left. I put another set of RM on and I think he did too.

I came out almost the same distance behind Fred that I was before pitting. It was now dark and multiclass traffic was starting to become a factor. Everyone did a great job with awareness and passing! I was able to close in on Fred a little bit every time a P1 car would go around him, but it wasn't enough for me to get to him myself. But unfortunately, he eventually blew an engine (got disconnected). I felt bad for him, but had to keep my focus on myself and getting to the finish. I had a big lead now so I didn't want to do anything to mess it up! I pitted with about 20 minutes to go. Since the rain didn't come, I had to put RH on to satisfy the tire change requirement. I also put in what I thought was enough fuel to get to the end.

The final stint was just about making sure I didn't make any mistakes. Took it easy, gave the other class plenty of room, etc. I noticed I was low on fuel with 2 laps to go but decided to stay out. I ran out of gas just before Blanchimont on the last lap! It gave me a mini heart attack but luckily I had a big enough lead where I was able to coast to my second career win :D Congrats to BLADErunner too! Another awesome race overall!

Final notes: Travis, what did I say during qualifying about NO TEXT during the race? :p That was extremely distracting for all the drivers. You need get to the level of maturity that is expected in this club if you want to continue racing here. To answer your post, no, it does not work like that if you do not have proper etiquette.

11. Tijee

GT3 Club

It was! I didn't want to read but my eyes disagreed...

Anyway, here's my race report:

I had a very good feeling with the GT-R last time at Le Mans, it was confirmed at Spa. I love this car and the setup from Quantum is worth a try! I've still not tried with a turbo though, I think it makes me a little slow in the straights. Maybe that's why I was so far off the pace, I did not expect to be the fastest but I've been suprised how slow I was, while being very comfortable with the Nissan.

Anyway, I had a pretty good start and the first laps were very intense at the back of the field! Unfortunately RP892012 got out of control just if front of me and we had a slight bump... enough to get damage :( Sorry about that RP, I was a little too close. We both stopped at the pit, then we had a good fight for a few laps. I stopped again at mid race, changed to RH (as it was supposed to rain I wasn't sure we had to change compound, did we?) and refueled just enough to finish the race with no other stop... at least that's what I thought :rolleyes:

The last 20 minutes were weird, as constructr got last, I saw Francky having 2 or 3 stops to the pit, and I found myself at the 10th position. I feared a lot because I didn't have enough fuel to finish and I had to stop at the pit for only 2 laps :D But it didn't change the outcome, I finished 10th.

My main objective in this series is to be clean and consistent, today it paid off so I'm happy with my race!

PS: I'll miss the race next week as I'll be visiting NYC! Maybe @seb_weasel and I will met there ;)

gurizzi and Gappasson like this.
  12. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

And look where it got me. Only reason why I did that was because I was not only upset about me getting booted off but also because of my dog. :(

Here's what I received from gurizzi:

Hello, Travis.

- i knw you are young and excited to race here., i understand that. GT3 Club is giving you a chance as a young player. We have a rule in GT3 Club where you cannot type text during the CUP event NO MATTER WHAT. This can distract some1 during the race. I know you were mad, but this is a rule. You need to understand there are times that you have to be quiet and not talk.

- GT3 Club is very strict and demand ALL players to be mature during CUP events.

--- *** You WILL be suspended for CUP #6. (1 race suspension)
    Reason: race etiquette violation: Text during CUP event.
    (This is your first suspension. You have 2 more suspensions before being banned from the GT3 Club)

Sorry & thank you.

gurizzi likes this.
  13. Tijee

GT3 Club

PLEASE READ

I've bought this device and I plan to make some footage of our races. In order to do that, I'll need your replays. As you may have noticed, online replays are not very smooth when you look at the other drivers, and I don't want such a poor quality on the videos.

Here's a video that explains how to export your replays: .

Then please send me the ZIP file with Google Drive, or Dropbox, or any file host you want.

Footage takes a lot of time, I'll do my best but don't expect it before a few weeks.

Bobbydazzler209 and gurizzi like this.
  14. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

- take your time with it, Tijee. It will be great to see when your done! I will learn how to send u a replay, thnx for the instructional video, I need the tips im a noob on most things like this.

Tijee likes this.
  15. Tijee

GT3 Club

@xX-BOOJI-Xx We're not supposed to read what gurizzi sends you in a private message.

We understand you're upset about your DC, and we're all very sorry about your dog! However there are rules in this club and we all have to respect them, including not texting during the race.

No hard feelings, follow the rules and it'll be fine next time ;)

16. Gappasson

GT3 Club

@Tijee you should definitely give the turbo a try!
    If you ask me it gives you an important extra-torque and you should be able to better your lap times noticeably

gurizzi and Tijee like this.
  17. Tijee

GT3 Club

Actually I tried it for the January Cup, and I was uncomfortable because of that extra torque on corner exit. That's why I didn't use the GT-R until now... but I'll try it at Silverstone, maybe my new setup (and hopefully new skills :p) will help me better.

Gappasson and gurizzi like this.
  18. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Yes, Tijee. ANY track with a big straight, you will get eaten alive with no turbo. Try the mid-turbo, that might be less effective on ur throttle at mid RPM's. Once again tho, with a long straight u prolly need the High RPM turbo. But!, u knw its always up to you and its your race!

Gappasson and Tijee like this.
  19. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

I posted a thread to give people a fair warning of what will happen if you text while others are racing in the GTArena main forums. ;) Almost like getting pulled over for texting and driving! :D

20. Constructr

GT3 Club

Well, my race was over before it began with the late start. Oh well, least we had a full field. I decided to race anyway in the hope my wife would just go without me. Yeah, no such luck!

Had a poor start off the line and got bumped by Travis after Le Source. Then on lap 2, I think it was, I was behind Gurizzi at Stavelot and he lost it and had I had 2 choices; take evasive action or plow into him and crash us both. I swerved to the left and just missed him but I think I got tagged in the LR by Bladerunner as he was right on me and I know I didn't hit the wall. Very minor damage so I kept on gettin it. From here on it was just a matter of staying in control. Unfortunately, I had to roll, so no points for this race. Oh well, looking forward to Laguna Seca! Hats off to Bladerunner on his win!!

#140 Constructr, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Tijee likes this.