1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Event Open [Mar 24, 2019] GBRC JAG F .TYPE.GR4 fixed tuning event (Scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by carlos77744, Mar 17, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC JAG F .TYPE.GR4 fixed tuning event
Scenga77744
Signups: 7
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Mar 24, 2019 08:00 PM
End: Mar 24, 2019 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 7
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":

The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

[​IMG]

HEYYYY !!! I managed it , good old YouTube.....just cant get it bigger I did click full image, oh well

Attached Files:

#21 cokebloke, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2019
    Zebaldus, Fido996 and Lunchbox like this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

upload_2019-3-20_13-21-37.jpeg

Here’s my entry. Number will be added later.

3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Will be good to see you back on track Chuck. :)

superbricklayer1 and carlos77744 like this.
  4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

TT Time 2:10.457 shared

carlos77744 likes this.
  5. superbricklayer1

Club GBRC Club ALV

This event looks really good to me but I have a few questions. I see 3000 lbs weight regulation but my stock setting is at 2976 lbs. Also, what tire wear and fuel consumption will the races have?

6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

TT time shared.

2:09.198

Zebaldus likes this.
  7. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Stock with no level up it is 399hp 1.350 kg maybe the lbs are rounded of i dont use imperial you can set the game to show metric to double check yes tyre wear times 1 plus fuel
    Hope that helps see you on track ps we run Thursday nights for practice 8pm uk time

Zebaldus likes this.
  8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

[​IMG]

Wow !........I can only imagine what your racesuit would be like............
    [​IMG]

gurizzi, Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Now thats an idea!

10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Mmmmm where can I get shorts like that from they would look good in the summer down the workshop when I'm sweeping up.

gurizzi likes this.
  11. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

............just waiting for Jim's response now :rolleyes:

cokebloke likes this.
  12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice Race suit Steve pace for tuskuba high 57 lap times Jason setting the pace.

cokebloke likes this.
  13. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yep Ive laid the bait......

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for last night Carl, Jason for party chat and everyone else for some brilliant racing.
    everybody was so close time wise and on a track that is hard to overtake on it was a case of hanging on to the back of the car in front in the hope (in a nice way) they made a slight mistake allowing an overtake.

Race two I made the mistake of staying out to long on the first set of tyres I thought while I had a clear track I would stay out but after the stop came out in 4th just behind the leaders but I always was crap at planning pit stops.

Its going to be yet another great series sorry I'm going to mis some of it but I have other plans so see you all when I get back and as I said if I can I will see if I can watch the stream but they are eight hours behind and I will need good wi fi so it will depend on many things.

Thanks gents see you all April 14th

15. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Many thanks to Carl / Jason / Nigel for organizing & hosting.
    Congrats to Steve for his wins.
    Felt a bit more competitive in the Jag :)
    Race 1 - let Nigel get past when I put a wheel on the grass, then spent the rest of the race looking at his purple / pink livery :eek:
    Even though I felt faster in certain corners, Nige had it all covered and I never really had a chance to pass but also had to keep an eye out for Jason behind.
    Race 2 - Nigel seemed to make an amazing start and within no time was behind Maridian. Had a good battle with Jason for a while for 3rd / 4th but after the pitstops Jason's well trained pit crew got him ahead. When Nigel re-joined after his pits stop I got a bit distracted and missed my braking which let Nigel & Carl past, but can't complain, the feeling is much better with this car - looking forward to the next round.

16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

A great start to a new series. Close competitive racing.

First race was all about being patient. Staying with Carl from start to finish, trying not to get too close to cause contact but being close enough to perhaps capitalise on any mistakes. There were a few, from both of us, Carl trying to get away and me trying to get the run on him coming out of the last tight hairpin. I eventually got by at the start of the very last lap. It was probably the hardest lap I’ve driven.

Second race was a bit of a suck it and see race for me. Made up a couple of places early on. There was a fair sized gap between myself and Bruce, so I decided to stay out hoping to put together some quick times. My strategy took its shape from this as I planned to stay out until I caught Bruce. I’d then have a lap or so to compare the gap to the leader. When I stopped gaining time I dived into the pits hoping for a clear track when I rejoined. I came out behind Andy and Rob and set about closing the gap. Apologies to Rob here as I caused contact a couple of times. I backed off and let him get settled again before attempting anything else.

Once all the pit stops had been taken I was surprised to find myself at the head of things. All I had to do now was keep a steady pace and keep it clean.

Looking forward to Monday next week, a complete opposite to the track we’ve just raced on.

Thanks to Carl for the series, Nigel for hosting and Jason for streaming. Looking forward to meeting the new guy!

Congratulation to all the podium winners, there was great pace from everyone last night!

Cheers!

#36 Fido996, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  17. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Great nights racing but my eyes were burning like they were snow or sand blinded there might only be maybe 6 corners to navigate per lap but multiplied by by 54 laps thats 324 corners aaargh my eyes .
    It was awesome to see everyone qualify so close and watching the replays shows how close so much of the racing was, mistakes and consistency were once again the dominating factors .
    Race one i quickly settled into 6th place where i qualified and watched the gap to Jason slowly eek out lap by lap all seemed well until the last few laps where i seemed to lose some grip which only encouraged a rapidly closing Mark but i was able to just stay in front making for a satisfactory result .
    Race two reverse grid i feel for you Andy i am still getting used to heading into a first bend with this mad lot behind but its their concern not yours bud . After some minor paint exchanges and some missed braking points i settled into 7th spot which became 6th after Steve's pit stop . Steve bud you are a true gent , i watched the replays before i read your post and had already felt i was as much to blame which in my head means a racing dink and you have no reason to reproach nor should you have backed off bud i was more unstable trying to figure out "where has he gone? he should be on the inside of me now he usually is" , so the only way to break your tow on me was to pit .
    Very intense racing in cars that allow for some rubbing etc as Carl has said they are easier than others to catch so trying to push them feels safer, accepting the bumps again seems easier not as much reaction as we have seen before . Great car great fun .

Well done Steve, Carl, Nigel and Jason for locking out the podium spots fine driving great pace .

Many thanks to Carl for the series and Jason for chat and streaming and Nigel for the auto kicking router always great work guys cheers . A final thanks to everyone that turned up, great company , racing and fun cheers guys .

One final word as Nigel sets off on his "road trip" holiday remember not d.....g parks but trailer parks and according to some American guy called Jerry there is even family friendly ones in Tennessee :D Have a good holiday Nigel there wont be as much kicking whilst your away .

Cheers guys see you all in Italy .

18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

@Robabt111 As ever great write up, thanks for the advise Rob well worth knowing I could never understand why we stayed in hotels but my wife had trailer park brochures...........MMMmmmm must look into that.

Robabt111 and Jimantonic like this.
  19. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hello gents!

I have been away far too long and miss the racing a lot! For good reason as you all know. Changing bedrooms and tidy up before the next addition:D less than a month. It is going buy fast this time.

This series looks like an epic one but I just haven’t the time. Barely able to turn the PS4 on.....

I was strolling through some racing news and found a great pic of a livery. Thought it might inspire? 6ECE9282-FE0E-498A-BE32-9FAD1A8C55AB.jpeg

I am keeping tabs on YouTube and sharing on FB. Keep the vids coming Jason. I will drop in sometime when the timing is right.

Miss the competition and of course the wonderful company you all are.

20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good hearing from you Kevin and what a nice livery thanks for sharing.

God luck with the newborn boy oh boy your going to be certainly a busy man but you know we always enjoy it when you join us so look forward to it when you can.