1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Event Open [Mar 24, 2019] GBRC JAG F .TYPE.GR4 fixed tuning event (Scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by carlos77744, Mar 17, 2019.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GBRC JAG F .TYPE.GR4 fixed tuning event
Scenga77744
Signups: 7
Posted By : carlos77744
Start: Mar 24, 2019 08:00 PM
End: Mar 24, 2019 11:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 7
The following Races have signed up "Wildcard":

The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

2.09.465 shared

Robabt111 likes this.
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just don't get it my wife said the house is empty if you want to go upstairs for a good time, brilliant I said so went upstairs put in a good time on the time trial came down all excited as it WAS a good time at 2.09.465 beating Jim and she's not happy, just don't get it.

3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another great nights racing.

A new track for us, quite a technical track and you really had to plan any overtake manoeuvres well in advance. If someone made a mistake in front of you then it wasn’t too bad. But if you’re running with someone at a similar pace it proved very difficult. This happened to me in the first race. Had to battle right from the green light just to keep my position but the field soon settled. Jason started to edge away but wasn’t too far ahead. Then the pause glitch happened twice, once out to the screen shot option and then just to the game pause screen. All the work put in to catch up had just been undone. This was lap nine. From then on I just kept chipping away but Jason held on for a great win.

Reverse grid for the second race meant a tough few opening laps. I decided early on to pit at the front end of the race. Not sure why as this failed miserably last time out. I came out with a clear track in front of me and just concentrated on putting in clean laps. It seemed to pay off as everyone in front took their turns to pit and I climbed up the field to eventually end up in the top spot.

I quite enjoyed this track, I think it could work well with slower cars especially.

Congratulations to all the podium winners and a special mention to Andy for a great time in qualifying, great time.

Thanks to Carl for organising and to Nigel for hosting.

I’ll be missing again next week. Long distance family stuff.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Lunchbox like this.
  4. Robabt111

Club GBRC

And seemingly neither does your wife :rolleyes:

cokebloke, Jimantonic and Lunchbox like this.
  5. Robabt111

Club GBRC

A new track that required some track time and thanks to Carl and Jason and Nigel i was able to put in some quality time with them , thanks guys .
    Race one i qualified 8th out of 8 no worries the times were close enough that it would be close so hopefully no big gaps , but way to go Andy cracking qualy and Jason taking pole with an alien like time . A nice start saw me 6th by the end of the first lap and 5th for a moment as an incentivised Nigel made his way back up the field . After a few laps trying to maintain a close gap to Nigel he finally broke any tow i had and i had to then try to maintain position with two guys Andy and Mark both closing quick and making me work . The extra track time helped the new found level of consistency and i finished 6th , a good result making two places . Well done Jason great pace and win and to Steve and Carl for filling the podium .

Race two with a pit stop and a reverse grid , this is growing on me , knowing everyone behind me (and according to the qualy times everyone in front) was quicker always adds to the pressure of a start but again thanks for the track time guys , you know who you are , it all helps and a good start saw me hold 3rd with Nigel once again hunting me down , for the second race Andy's misfortune was my gain as i moved into 2nd which became 1st when Mark pitted , i somehow managed to hold off Nigel for a few laps before he capitalized on a mistake by me and sailed past into 1st . Great fun Nigel we had some moments in both races with the final chicane being a popular spot for some close exchanges . Finally pitting on lap 16 i returned to track in 4th but Jason had the pace to sweep by demoting me to 5th , through the first bend . Then the attrition , head down try to ignore a closing Paul . Managing to do that i finished in 5th and again i have to say a good result for me .( Partly due to the misfortune of others but my first 10 laps leading Nigel showed what some extra time can achieve i will just have to sedate my dogs a bit more often .) Well done Steve on the win and fastest laps in both races and to Carl and Nigel for filling the podium .

A great nights racing as usual thanks for the work Carl , Nigel , Jason and a thanks to everyone that turned up and made it fun .

Just a second on Steve's track like i thought it was a good one too .

Zebaldus, cokebloke, Fido996 and 2 others like this.
  6. aldy13

Club GBRC

Had the pace, just can't race :p:p:p:p

Fido996 likes this.
  7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Had a great time on this track after some practise with a win in the first race and Steve giving me thought for concern towards the end i was chuffed to have won my first official gbrc race.

Jimantonic, cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Didn't realise it was you first official win, congratulations Jas! It was a great drive.

cokebloke likes this.
  9. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

I dream of moments like Sunday

cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  10. Robabt111

Club GBRC

2.10.243. shared

cokebloke and Fido996 like this.
  11. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice time Rob Note times to be submitted by this Sunday 8pm

Robabt111 likes this.
  12. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

2:09.045 shared

Robabt111 likes this.
  13. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Scenga 2.09.296

Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.
  14. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Cheers Carl , a bit of a birthday buzz :D

cokebloke likes this.
  15. aldy13

Club GBRC

2:10.498 shared

Bit more time tomorrow and I reckon another 2 or 3 tenths off that :p:p:p:p

16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another brilliant nights fun last night on a track that gives little time to relax but great fun.
    As usual Steve Carl Jason were the strong runners but throughout the field everybody was quick its good to see.
    I can't really separate the two races but in both I had some good little battles, race two Jason got by me part way through so I just gave everything I could, as he's a quick little scallywag, to stay right behind him, pitted the same time we came out of the pits exactly the same time but REALLY felt your pain Jason when you lost it on a tight bend allowing me through, as much as I appreciated
    getting by you you deserved to finish ahead of me as you were quick and really had that track sorted.
    Anyway well done to the podium winners last night and well done Steve for the overall championship win you so deserve it with your speed and consistency without the official results it must be Carl and Jason on the podium as well, well done and congratulations to you both as well.
    Thanks Carl for the series another good one now look forward to Jasons series, on that note I feel strongly we have a brilliant bunch of drivers with us making each series such fun.
    Andy you have come on leaps and bounds each week and Rob you are getting more of a threat and have gained good race craft and confidence in recant times but must be said everybody is getting closer GREAT STUFF lads and thanks again.

#96 cokebloke, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a great end to the Jag series.

Managed to qualify on pole and got a good start. Got through the first corner cleanly and put my head down to try and create a gap. But Jason was having none of it. He pushed all the way, I had to really concentrate on my lines. Then Jason went for the move at the end of the straight. I thought I was a safe distance ahead, but he out braked me by a huge margin, made the apex and was off. Great move, wasn’t expecting it from that distance. Great driving. I got the place back a couple of laps later into the first corner. I heard a lot of tyre screeching and thought Jason must’ve lost control, which he had. But he recovered quickly and started to gain instantly. He then re-took the lead which he just managed to keep to the end of the race for a well deserved victory.

Race two started with the reverse grid. Positions were changing through field for most of the opening lap. I got a little squirrely coming out of the twisty section and made contact with someone as I regained control. This put me into the barrier, 10 seconds behind 7th. My aim after this was to get to 4th, anything above would be a huge bonus. How I ended up 2nd was a miracle!

I have to say I really enjoyed this car. I found it predictable close to the limit with no surprises. Unless you asked too much of course. Everyone’s pace had got fairly close by the end and most results were hard fought for.

Nice job Carl on this series, especially with the added TT section. Thanks to all that have hosted and to Jason for the TV coverage. Had a couple of good comments received from people that have watched.

And a big thanks to all that took part in this series. Great racing, great chat makes for enjoyable Sunday evenings.

Shame about Brandon missing the last few rounds, he could’ve been a dark horse for this one.

Once the results have been confirmed I’ll be posting up everyone’s new driver ratings. Hoping this will come into its own in future events.

More soon!

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

The one thing i do know about our Jason is he is a masterbraker, often catches me out how good he is just shows what practice does.

Zebaldus, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

op updated with results
    Firstly well done Steve i put in maximum effort to challenge you to win with equal car this shows your raw pace
    well done to all who took part the mid field was close with mark taking the mid pack competition the added time trial was designed to get you to embrace the car and extract the speed this will be a part of my championships from now on
    Thanks to all who talk part you lot make it worth it great crack serious racing something we all look forward to on a Sunday Night.

20. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Steve

Fido996 likes this.