Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Mar 29, 2015] GT3 Club - CUP #6 - GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Mar 24, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
GT3 Club - CUP #6 - P1/PC & GT3
gurizzi
Signups: 10
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: Mar 29, 2015 11:00 AM
End: Mar 29, 2015 12:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

GT3 Lap time target:

1:21.xxx

-------------------------
    @ Laguna Seca. (just my opinion) Hope it helps in some way!

• aero- Full/Full
    • roll bars- 2/1 or 1/1
    • brake balance- 3/4 or 2/3
    • LSD- 5/5/5 or 5/5/8

Gappasson likes this.
  2. Have a good race guys. I will out of this one because I will be at the Firestone Grand Prix in St. Petersburg, FL. Have fun!

gurizzi and Gappasson like this.
  3. Tijee

GT3 Club

Don't ask Jann Mardenborough :(

4. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

- Nice, Lew!

I was seeing the commercial 4 it, have fun! let us know what u see! cya soon!

Lewmatic likes this.
  5. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Hello, ALL

- We will have to CLOSE the P1 class for this event. (lack of entries) - GT3 Class ONLY

- This is the first time the GT3 Club has chose to do something like this. I chose to do this do to very low P1 class entries. It's my responsibility to provide competition in each class and this requirement was NOT met this week in the P1 class. I apologize for making this decision so late, but i was trying my best to hold out for a late entry.

@Constructr @Franky_Smalls You guys are NOW entered in the GT3 class.

I will contact you two before the event on PSN if you don't see this before hand.

once again, sorry for this unexpected decision. Hope you understand the overall goal here, THANK YOU.

cya on course!

6. Constructr

GT3 Club

No problem. I saw this coming.

Thanks, G.

gurizzi likes this.
  7. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Good luck today, everyone! Wish I could be there. Looking forward to the race reports!

gurizzi likes this.
  8. Constructr

GT3 Club

Got disconnected!!
    Damn it!

9. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Ouch, that bites. Last week it was me (which pissed me off and lead to me getting suspended), now it's you, but you know how to keep it cool. :cool:

10. BabaMinecraft

GT3 Club

11. BabaMinecraft

GT3 Club

funny steve havey really!!!:p:p:p:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):);)

12. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

unofficial

DC - constructr - 11th

Attached Files:

13. Fred_dude

GT3 Club

Fred's Race Report:

Q: 1st

Race: 1st

Feewwwiiiee!! What a race!
    The start was going pretty well, but Burner was almost on me with his R8 but I tried to make a gap between us, but i think he made a mistake just before the corkscrew, so that gave me a bit of space between us, he got 2nd quickly back after a lap or two so I knew I had to watch out for him.

I was constantly looking how big the gap was between me and Burner, since he can be quite fast aswell.
    I was going to pit the 15th lap and went for Mediums again so I could build up the speed and bigger up the gap between me and Burner and offcourse, the gap was getting bigger and bigger, although Burner was on Hards but that immediately changed when I switched to Hards and he on Mediums so he could catch up with me, wich also was since I saw the gap was getting smaller and smaller by then, so I pretty much realized I had to do the same but still had some seconds between us. Also, when I switched to Hards, the car was not really having it, so I had to wait until they were fully warmed up to get some grip.

But in the end: I had a very good race and I fixed my problem last week at Spa by winning on here, so I'm very happy that I could win here!

Conclusion: Good race overall! Good race Burner and the rest who participated!
    Let's move on to the next race!

Gregson, xX-BOOJI-Xx and gurizzi like this.
  14. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Great job dude! What a comeback! :D

15. Had a great weekend watching the races at St. Petersburg. Watched the Pirelli World Challenge GT and GTS races and hung out in the World Challenge paddock after the race. Then watch the Speed Formula Off-Road Trucks go at it on the street course with jump ramps laid out, insane fun racing! I stayed for the first 45 laps of Indy Car, a lot of yellow flags because of the new aero kits taking up so much space around the cars a minor touch sends debris flying on to the track. This could be a problem for the rest of the season but I think only on the narrow street courses it will be an issue. It was a great two days of racing I really enjoyed and can't wait for next year! Also news released at St. Pete that the Blancpain GT series will be working together with Pirelii World Challenge so we will start seeing some PWC GT3's in Blancpain and Blancpain sending their GT3's over to the states. A special race at the end of the season in Europe will feature cars from Blancpain and the top 3 GT3 cars from PWC.

Gregson, gurizzi and Gappasson like this.
  16. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Hello, ALL --

Thanks to ALL who participated and finished this GT3 Club event !

Great Drive, Fred !

- Q:
    I had a very decent Q time. My best was 1:21.6 in practice, but I only turned a 1:22.2 in my 1 hot-lap attempt in Q. This earned me a 5th place start !

- R: Race start was good, I picked up one position before the start the line, thnx to Gappasson false start.:oops: I new this course is mainly about consistency, so I knew to just settle in and wait for the to un-fold. I went on to have a good battle with BobbyDazzler for almost the whole first half of the race! :):):). He pitted b4 me, I might have stayed out a little too long on my first stint cuz I was trying to get a good judgment on fuel. After my first stop I took 88L of fuel and put RH's on. When I exited the pit Bobby was passed me and we had a lapper in front of us. I quickly noticed Bobby had some damage and was REALLY stugglin to keep it on course. I was stacked up behind him and the lapped car( mad_gamer09) for about one lap, I wanted to pass but Bobby seemed to be determined to keep me behind him so I just waited to see what happens. Bobby pitted at the end of that lap and I was able to also get past the lapped car after turn 1. At this point I knew my car was strong on RH tires so I was confident I could have a strong middle stint. I also knew fuel was gonna be crucial for me. I knew I wanted to cut it close, but how close was the question?!!? :confused::confused::confused::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O:confused:. I pulled in for my final stop to put RM back on and I decided to take 53L of fuel, (I thought 55L would be good), but I wanted to be right on point so I took less. This was prolly the wrong move, late in the race, about 7min left I noticed it was gonna be REAL close. Luckily I knew I had a nice gap to 4th, so I started coasting on entry and REALLY short shifting from the 5min mark to the finish. During this same time I was working my way through/around a battle between FRT_sick & Flash :eek:. good stuff! I get down to the final lap and my fuel light turned on half-way through the last lap !!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: WOOW! I got lucky! I was able to drive it across the line with the throttle ON ! finishing 3rd!

17. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

1. Fred_dude - 84 points
    2. thermite_917 - 79 points
    3. weazel_pnay - 75 points
    4. Gappasson - 74 points
    5. BobbyDazzler2009 - 62 points
    6. gurizzi - 57 points
    7. Gregsahne33 - 28 points
    8. Tijee31 - 26 points
    9. Flash_Noddy - 25 points
    10. FRT_Sickwitit - 24 points
    11. BLADErunner80 - 20 points
    12. RP892012 - 20 points
    13. BurnerTheLegend - 20 points
    14. Franky-smalls - 19 points
    15. gibbsgto - 18 points
    16. GoochBurn - 16 points
    17. mad_gamer09 - 9 points
    18. constructr - 7 points
    ---------------------------------

GT3 Class: Standings through CUP #6

------------------------------------------------
    Transfers:
    Fred {+1}
    Burner {+1}
    ------------------------------
    Bobby {+1}
    Flash {+Am}

#37 gurizzi, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  18. Constructr

GT3 Club

I actually got some points! :D

BTW, how in the hell is Fred so damn FAST??? :confused:

gurizzi and Fred_dude like this.
  19. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

- Yes!, when u lose connection, its not your choice to quit so you earn last in class finish DC (disconnected). If you quit for ANY other reason you are scored as a DNF (did not finish).

- Fred is one of the fastest players to participate in a CUP event! When someone is faster then you 9/10 it usually means they have MORE skill then you.

xX-BOOJI-Xx likes this.
  20. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

So maybe if I didn't pop off at the mouth last week I might have been in P1 this week and wouldn't have gone through the suspension! :D