1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [May 10, 2015] Q3 GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup (rams1de)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup
rams1de
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: May 10, 2015 08:00 PM
End: May 10, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Shame you had problems last night Jim let's hope things are better for you on Sunday.
    Last night was fun as usual but everyone was so equal overtaking is going to be very difficult, more than one race was a line of cars bumper to bumper.........Sunday will be fun.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  2. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Last night myself and Clay spent nearly an entire lap side by side, tremendous concentration needed and constantly using the dpad on the wheel to glance left/right to see where Clay was, Roll on Sunday!!

cokebloke and Motorhead_51 like this.
  3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Rams for the series. really enjoyed the two races I completed. Won't be available for the remaining two races so see you all at the Ring.
    Hope you all enjoy the rest of the series, cheers gents and good luck.

4. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers Coke, we'll miss you.

Congrats to Jim on his double victory and fastest lap both races iirc, will check properly later.

Well done Clay for a blistering lap in quali.

Here's the provisional results.

IMG_20150419_205233.jpg

IMG_20150419_205252.jpg

IMG_20150419_213834.jpg

#84 rams1de, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    Jimantonic and Motorhead_51 like this.
  5. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Jim on a perfect show and Clay, what a time in qualy!!!! Was very precise!
    Had a good run with Rams in race 1. The consistency I had on Monday evening just wasn't there for me today but it was for Rams. It was a nice run behind him steady as he was!
    Race 2 was a great competitive race. Enjoyed it thoroughly until there was a run in with Shay right about the 10 min mark. Watched the replay and felt that I was within my limits but would hate to think that Shay thought otherwise.... Apologies Shay. Kinda never got together after that but did manage to hold on to second.

A great track to run in the fiat! Glad we changed it into the schedule!

6. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was just looking at the qualifier results and just noticed. Jim (2) through Carl(8) all within .5 seconds of each other..... Never took notice of qualy times before, maybe it's normal.. But seemed like a pretty tight bunch to me.

Jimantonic likes this.
  7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

@rams1de, Ej had fastest lap in race 1

What a great couple of races last night.
    Race 1 I struggled for the first few laps, probably through lack of practice of racing on this track, took to the grass at one point to avoid contact with Rams or Steve (it was a red car!) and backed off to make sure I took no advantage from it, but in doing so gave the place up to Kev.
    Lady luck took a shine to me later what with Steve and Clay both going off and Ej making a small error to allow me to close.
    Lead to a great battle with Ej, had to make a few patiently planned attempts at overtaking Ej, a few of which he just drove around and laughed at me!!
    Very unlucky Ej towards the end, I was looking out for the gap at each sector after you repassed Clay to see if you were catching, but turn 1 reeled in another victim, really was gutted for you!!

Race 2 and I think lady luck had the hots for me this time, a good few overtakes gifted down to peoples misfortunes.
    Had a little bump with Carl at the hairpin, wasn't sure if I was at fault or if it was just a racing bump, but trying to time letting him back past at the same time as trying to block Rams following him AND having a conversation with the Mrs at the same time was a little tricky!

Had a quick run around RBR with Rams, Ej and Kev.
    Hopefully we can find some settings to get the weather changing to mix things up, although the fixed 50% wet track called for quite a bit of concentration in itself.

8. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats to all the podium finishers last night and to Clay for his stunning time in qualifying. These cars make for some really great racing, it's just a shame I can't do them justice. One tiny mistake can let the entire field pass you by!

There was a couple of incidents that I was involved with last night which I'll let race admin look into, one of which involve Shay. At the time I 'felt ' no contact and even saw daylight between the cars so carried on assuming all was fine. But when it happened again a few laps later in the same place with Coke and saw how my car reacted I now think it may have affected Shay's car. After this, I felt gutted that I'd carried on and not waited for him to take his place back in front of me. My heart just wasn't in it after this so I pulled into the pits. Just as I entered everything frozen till the dreaded dc message appeared! That just sent me over the edge so I just turned everything off and went to find a large rum and contemplate my moves for next week.

Cheers for reading.

Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic like this.
  9. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Standings after race 2.

Ejd has rightfully been awarded his 3 points for fastest lap in race 1 (sos mate) but Jim is defying his piece of string internet and tendency to fly sideways at any given moment to open up a gap at the top.

If anyone has a cunning plan to halt his progress, Motor, Ejd and myself in the chasing pack would be very grateful.

GBRC_JannerJim 94
    Motor_Head51 78
    rams1de 72
    ejd_IRE 70
    cokebloke 64
    scenga77744 61
    bnic11 51
    VagueGT 46
    Zebaldus 46
    GBRC_Fido996 46
    GT1372 36
    Uwanq 9

Link to stats https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tDF27EV-bQGo_IShFTmzOrQBE/edit#gid=1549290012

Fido996, ejd_eire and Motorhead_51 like this.
  10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

PITSTOP!!!

On a serious note its great to see some fresh names near the top. Good going Kev, Graham and Eion.

#90 Jimantonic, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    Motorhead_51 and rams1de like this.
  11. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Let's face it, no one wants to talk about the weather..

Little bitmore interesting tho in Gran Turismo, in true GT fashion the weather settings are controlled by inputting numbers to various control criteria with very bad explanations and never seem yo work right.

When testing after Sundays race the unpredictable happened and caught half of us off guard, half on wets haf on drys, was very enjoyable all the same

I'd like a wet race, but unpredictable weather would mix it up,

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hopefully I'll be able to get on tonight, might look into testing the weather to see if there is any consistency in the settings, unless someone has already looked into it.
    @Zolon32 , do I remember correctly you looking into this before?

EDIT: Just gave my good old pal Google a text and he replied telling me to look at this:
    http://community.us.playstation.com...s-weather-in-GT6-ONLINE-focused/td-p/42748995
    Bit long winded but I think the most valuable bit of info is on page 2:

I can confirm that a weather setting of 50% weather or less will result in no rain or continually diminishing wet track and then always dry if initial wetness is set at 60% even if changeability is set at 25.

70% weather, 3 changeability and 0% initial resulted in no more than 4% track wetness in two trials. One it rained the whole time ( 90 mins.) the other it rained at first and then the sun came out and it was dry until the end ( 90 mins )

70%, 25 changeability and 0% initial resulted in a dry start, rain with increasing wetness to 19% then diminishing wetness to 0%, 40 mins of dry track, more rain slowly increasing to 60% at the end of 90 mins.

#92 Jimantonic, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Motorhead_51 likes this.
  13. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not wet enough!! Think Aquaworld

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  14. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not sure how much value there is going to be in testing since the weather is random and the races only 30 mins.

I reckon it'll be best to start with rain and a wet track, if that's possible to guarantee. Then the challenge becomes will the track dry out and if so how fast? I don't think wet tyres last too long on a dry track.

I'll be on tonight to try a 30 min race with highish % for Weather at Race Start to ensure it's overcast or raining.

Surface water set to 50% (maybe higher if that's not slippy) and changeability to 3 or 4 which I think is 1.5 - 2hrs real time weather for a 30 min race.

15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

So, what are we aiming for here? A complete wet race, wet and possibly drying or just completely random? If its wet from start to finish then wouldn't surface water 100%, weather 100% changeability 0% work?

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

If you can remember my Mazda MX5 TC Casual, I setup the weather the same as I did in testing but it behaved different !?! in the actual races. Think we need some changeability.

I'm assuming that we are only allowed RH's & RWets - no inters.

17. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

We're restricted to using Wet or RH tyres only.

The idea is to have the weather change enough that a tyre change is required at some point or to continue on one compound will be high risk.

As far as I can see there's no way to guarantee it and since ejd is gagging to test drive his new wellies, I thought it best if we start off in the wet.

18. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just going to open a test lobby now, won't be racing but I'll check on it every 10 mins to see track conditions, rinse and repeat with the same settings a few times and report back with my results...

19. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

From my experience with open lobbies higher settings induce more severe weather, but they can still have a random effect when the race starts. In an open lobby, I remember some lad saying that a high time progression setting often produces a pronounced and varied weather change, reckon that could induce some tension and strategy?

What about a settings lottery? And we work off the selected settings and see what happens on the night??

Mixed weather is always the best F1

20. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Unfortunately RBR doesn't have time progession :(