1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [May 10, 2015] Q3 GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup (rams1de)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Dec 30, 2014.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q3 GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup
rams1de
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: May 10, 2015 08:00 PM
End: May 10, 2015 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well ,surprised myself last night. After my one and only practice during the week in the wet I found that I was well off the pace. In the dry it wasn't too bad, still not quick enough and definitely not quick enough to challenge for top honours. In fact, I,ve been slower since the arrival of the new wheel.

The first race in the wet was intense to say the least. The levels of concentration needed were huge. Trying to keep a constant line to have efficient drive out of the corners was sapping. I finished that first race feeling like I'd been out for a decent ride on the bike!

The second race started wet but the track quickly dried. I managed to pit in a little earlier that most and gained a couple of spots but soon lost out through a lack of consistency.

I daresay that with a little more practice last week I could've perhaps found a better line and kept my line tidy, within the track boundaries. Strange, but I found it easier to do this in the wet race!

A great night of close racing again with the added hazard of water. I can see this happening again....!

Congratulations to all the podium finishers, thoroughly deserved.

See you all at Silverstone for the final round. :D

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  2. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done to Jim and Clay for their wins and to Ejd for pole and two runners up spots.

Unfortunately the two fastest laps were illegal and no points given.

The current standings have Jim forging ahead with Ejd and Motor established in podium positions. It's going to take a big turn around in fortunes to change the pecking order but hopefully we get a good turn out for Silverstone to make the lads work all the way to the finish line.

GBRC_JannerJim 138
    ejd_IRE 117
    Motor_Head51 108
    rams1de 98
    scenga77744 91
    GBRC_Fido996 79
    GT1372 77
    cokebloke 64
    VagueGT 58
    bnic11 51
    Zebaldus 46
    Uwanq 9

Link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tDF27EV-bQGo_IShFTmzOrQBE/edit#gid=1549290012

#122 rams1de, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Motorhead_51, Fido996 and Jimantonic like this.
  3. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed our wet Sunday afternoon excursion this week guys!
    Minimal practice and a late showing really put a damper;-) in my qualy efforts this week..... That set up a tough start to race one. Very wet makes it feel as if racing on ice, and starting so far back I might as well have been blind. Slowing for turn 1 consisted of staring at the grass out the bottom left of the wind shield waiting for the paved access road at the end of the main straight! Then settled in behind Rams for a pretty good battle between him, Shay, and I, until Rams bit it hard in turn 2. Sorry buddy, hated to see that unlucky turn of events!
    Race 2 I was able to jump out for a quick but short winded lead. Clay was breathing hard and heavy down my back and was able to get by.... Just then, the track started to dry and I took the first chance I could get to throw on some RH's, Hoping for some strategy to go my way.... Though, it bought me some time it was not enough and Clay just beat me to turn two on his way out of the pits... Then out of nowhere like a rocket ship, the other half of the formidable Irish duo was glued to my rear bumper.... Alas, once EJ passed by they left me in the dust, or mud! Then it was game on with Jim.

I love racing these cars and can only hope they are on the docket for future events! With the weather changes as well! Much fun!

That said, the missus has her graduation ceremony this Sunday on her way to being a nurse and so I cannot make it to Silverstone... I hate so much to miss this for so many reasons.... But mostly becuase the most gratifying personal time I get all week is to sit down and dice it out on track with you gentlemen, who love and enjoy Motorsport as much as I do!

Thank you Rams for running this great show and EJ for all your hard work on Research and specing it out....

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Its a shame you won't be there next week Kev, but at least your other half can impress her seniors with some knowledge of foreign medicines (ie. Calpol ;)).

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  5. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

What lap times are we looking at for Silverstone?

Would have given it a go already but wasted an age trying to gold the Deep Forest TT, thought it said 500pp :confused:

Fido996 likes this.
  6. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Think we were just starting to dip into the 1:05s Sunday. I'll be having a look myself tonight online. Had a quick go the other day off line just to get an idea of lines that can be taken. The last tight right hander could prove interesting come race day.

7. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I should be able to get on for a while tonight. Need all the practise I can get, never been competitive at this track.

Clay.GT1372 likes this.
  8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not sure I'll make it tonight, got to fix the car (again), not able to make a start on it untill gone 3 and its a 3+ hour job, add in the time it'll take to get back home, get dinnered etc. might be cutting it close.

Tried to get a few laps in last night, managed to get 3 in before my tinterweb net decided I wasn't allowed in my own lobby any more!
    Had some weird issues last night, tyring to join a room with 2/16 people in and it was telling me the room was full?!?

9. Uwanq

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry to hear that Jim, I myself will try make tonight but business has been very busy of late and I cant complain at the extra work. Hope to see you fellas later!

Jimantonic likes this.
  10. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

From what I can tell, Carl got the slightest of taps from me and he drove off the track in anger an turned off his PS3, I had no option but to retire also.

11. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Aye it was a shame we ended with a depleted field but despite that there was some great racing with nerve shredding battles throughout the placings.

Well done Steve and Clay for keeping it together for their wins. Congrats to Clay for pole and to Shay for fastest lap in race 2.

Apologies, in the excitement I can't remember who got fastest lap in the first. I'll get it sorted tomorrow night with final standings.

For now, here's the provisional results for tonight's racing.

IMG_20150503_205530.jpg

IMG_20150503_205548.jpg

IMG_20150503_214221.jpg

#131 rams1de, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
    Motorhead_51 likes this.
  12. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Steve and Clay! Nice job on the fastest lap in race two Shay!

#132 Motorhead_51, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Fido996 likes this.
  13. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Shame on the low turn out and drop outs, unfortunately my Mrs didn't get home until gone 4, so it was nearly 5 by the time I got to work and got started, could have just made it if I'd rushed but a chinese and a cold beer were calling me by that stage.

Well done to Rams for efficient hosting, and also Ej for coming up with concept, made some great racing and thrills, especially the wet race, something I hope we repeat in future events.

Motorhead_51 and Fido996 like this.
  14. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Apologies for having to quit during race 1........I was getting distracted with my missus talking to me & also finding out one of my daughters had just lost a 2 day old iphone :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This probably would have been the best round for me after struggling to get the feel for this car since the start.

Many thanks for hosting Rams.

15. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well my time with the PS3 is very limited, unboxing unboxing after the move.
    Hope I can make it to sunday.....
    Dont want to miss the KOTR.

Motorhead_51 likes this.
  16. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

It's a shame I'm such a techno-muppet (lazy beggar) that I can't provide the trophies or eloquent summary of the series that Bruce and other hosts provide.

But, I've got to say a big thanks to Ej for coming up with this concept. It was a great casual series when we tried out all those months ago and it provided everything we look for in a championship series, bumper to bumper racing with the slowest of us able to rub doors with the faster drivers in close competition.

Also want to thank Ej and Jim for their help in sorting out and trialling weather for RBR. It proved a bigger job than I'd anticipated but looks a good investment of time as it's something we can include in future series.

So it's fitting Ej takes the honours as winner of the GBRC Dunlop Abarth Cup - well done mate, a well earned victory for the time you've dedicated to the event as well as some skilled and determined driving.

Commiserations to Jim who finished runner up in the series. Not so much for having to miss the last race which would probably have secured the championship but for life choices that leave him wet nursing the kids as well as the car when he could be spending his adult years playing video games.

As for my podium finish, just goes to show the value of turning up every week.

Thanks to everyone who took part and especially those who stuck out to the bitter end.

The fastest lap I missed last night belonged to Ej in race 1. Here's the final standings, drink them in and while considering what might have been remember the fun you had along the way.

ejd_IRE 153
    GBRC_JannerJim 138
    rams1de 136
    GT1372 127
    GBRC_Fido996 123
    scenga77744 118
    Motor_Head51 108
    VagueGT 92
    cokebloke 64
    bnic11 63
    Zebaldus 46
    Uwanq 37

Link to spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tDF27EV-bQGo_IShFTmzOrQBE/edit#gid=1549290012

Zebaldus, Motorhead_51 and Jimantonic like this.
  17. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Ej, thoroughly deserved down to the effort you put in, congrats! ;)

Well done also to Rams, for rounding up the podium places.

18. Motorhead_51

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done EJ! Much deserved, and congrats to Jim and Rams as well!

19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done EJ on your first GBRC Championship ! & many thanks for all your time developing this series.