1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [May 13, 2018] Ferrari 458 Challenge (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Apr 9, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Ferrari 458 Challenge
lunchbox147
Signups: 8
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: May 13, 2018 07:45 PM
End: May 13, 2018 09:45 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 8
  1. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks for the turn out chaps some good racing, i think my calculations on the tyre and fuel consumption is a little out. And i will only accept sign ups for the next races because it messes with the fastest lap recording.

Week 2 Interlagos 22/4/18
    Race 1

Pole = Fido996 +3

1st lunchbox147+ 25
    2nd cokebloke + 22
    3rd Zebaldus +19
    4th Scenga77744 + 16
    5th Fido996 + 15 + 3 FL = 18
    6th Robabt111 + 14

Race 2
    1st Fido996 + 25
    2nd Scenga77744 + 22
    3rd cokebloke +19
    4th lunchbox147+ 16
    5th Zebaldus + 15
    6th Robabt111 + 14

Results

1st Fido996 102
    2nd lunchbox147 85
    3rd cokebloke 75
    4th Robabt111 58
    5th Scenga77744 54
    6th Zebaldus 35
    7th Motor_Head51 34
    8th Numbnuts 3

#21 Lunchbox, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Motorhead_51 and Robabt111 like this.
  2. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks again for last night Jason that car suited that track. and well done to everybody for the close racing.

@Lunchbox Could somebody look at the replay if you don't mind please thought I'd saved it but didn't.

On the second race it was the last few laps Carl and I were having a close battle, on the first left hand corner straight after the start finish line I was right behind Carl dived to the inside to undertake Carl, we touched but Carl bounced off making him shortcut the chicane and going penalties had he not got the penalty Carl would have finished in front of me.

I will abide by the decision if you want to award Carl second if I was in the wrong.

Thanks again

#22 cokebloke, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Robabt111 likes this.
  3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

@cokebloke After the replay it seems to be a racing incident but the penalty was harsh for the incident so i am awarding the position back to Carl.

Thank you for your honesty Nigel you and your spirit is what makes this club great to be apart of.

4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thats fine Jason and thanks for looking at it, it felt a hollow 2nd place and that Carl deserved 2nd so I'm happy.....cheers

Jimantonic'82, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  5. I still think Nige did it on purpose just for the drama...

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

It’s all a ploy if I can’t win I can still get the spotlight on me me me :p

7. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Don't forget to sign up for tomorrows race guys.

Zebaldus likes this.
  8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Another good race lads, thank you Nigel for hosting and the next race will be put back for another week because of the bank holiday.

Week 3 Kyoto - Yamigawa 29/4/18
    Race 1
    Pole = Fido996 +3
    1st Fido996 25 FL P+ 6 31
    2nd Scenga77744 22
    3rd lunchbox147 19
    4th cokebloke 16
    5th Zebaldus 15
    6th Robabt111 14

Race 2

1st Scenga77744 25
    2nd lunchbox147 22
    3rd Fido996 19 FL +3 22
    4th cokebloke 16
    5th Zebaldus 15
    6th Robabt111 14

Results
    1st Fido996 155
    2nd lunchbox147 126
    3rd cokebloke 107
    4th Scenga77744 101
    5th Robabt111 86
    6th Zebaldus 65
    7th Motor_Head51 34
    8th Numbnuts 3

Robabt111 and Fido996 like this.
  9. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Jason another fun night good racing by all.

A couple of strange things race one I had no engine noise for the section of the track which was off putting and then for two laps in a row in the exact same part of the track my car slowed down just like it went into "limp mode" but other than that brilliant fun.
    I must learn to manage my fuel better on some races lack of fuel management cost me places who knows I might learn one day.
    Thanks again everybody and well done to the podium winners.

Robabt111, Lunchbox and Fido996 like this.
  10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers for last night fellas, races of mixed fortunes for myself.

Race 1 had Carl snapping at my heels for the entire race with Jason on his case. Near the end I lost my line through the fast left hairpin and ran wide, handing the lead Carl. I got back to within a second who himself ran onto the grass two corners from the end of the lap handing me back the lead. Unluckily, Jason just wasn't quite close enough for our Flymo antics!

Race 2 was a nightmare. Started really well and managed to capitalise on other peoples mistakes and found myself up to third. But then, coming onto the start finish straight, I got a tyre on the grass on the exit and ended up binning it. Back in last place I put my head down and concentrated on trying to catch backup. This wasn't happening as quick as I'd like as there were some fast times being put in. So I entered a state of 'fluid strategy'. ( Winging it! )

I backed off the fuel to 3 for a couple of laps to give myself enough to get past halfway, and when I did pit I kept the same tyres.
    This brought me back into the fight a little more, but still last. Rob then very kindly threw his Ferrari at the advertising boards. One place back. Jason was pulling await this point, so I decided to pit in for fresh rubber and go for the bonus points for fastest lap thinking that I'd be well down the order. I came back on track still in fifth but with more pace now.

What I couldn't figure out though was where I made up two spots by the end of the race! I was shocked ( and very, very chuffed ) at the end to see I came in third! And I forgot to save the replay!:mad:

Thanks to Jason for setting up, Nigel for hosting and to everyone else for turning up to race. Great night!:)

Robabt111, Lunchbox and cokebloke like this.
  11. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Good enough for a frenchman in F1 then why not entertain in GBRC and mine was at a higher speed next stop HAAS , but only with a BMW supplier . :D
    Always great fun racing with you guys , appreciate all the effort making this happen , always look forward to the next one cheers .

Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  12. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I jumped on early to get some practice in for this one due to lack of pace in the others and managed to keep the pace with steve on the first race it was intense pace for 6 laps with Jason hot on my heals good win steve
    As for the second race just keeping it on track and defence and fuel managemnt was a fair task I did feel for Jason who had a off after we had contact .
    A ace night as usual the crack and we'l set up Jason

13. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Has promised i would post the slot car track i built in my friends garage almost 15 years ago. unfortunately he as moved house and we no longer have a Sunday race. we had championships with different makes of car was great fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robabt111 likes this.
  14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

That looks amazing I was expecting Scalelectric track that track looks like copper pick up tracks inlaid into boarding is that what it is, looks fun.

15. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

The track was made out of MDF with a router and copper self adhesive tape for the pickups, i also made a timing gantry using bulbs and and light sensors wired to a serial port and ran a lap counter program. It could also record fastest laps for each lane.

16. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Very impressive.

Robabt111 likes this.
  17. Robabt111

Club GBRC

That seems very accomplished , all i have is several boxes of scalextric with cars dating back to 1965 an original BRM approx 100m of track chicanes etc been years since it came out of the loft though .

Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  18. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hi :p. Room for one more?

19. aldy13

Club GBRC

In for Sunday if thats ok, test out the new wheel :eek::eek::eek:

Fido996, Zebaldus, Robabt111 and 2 others like this.
  20. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Your both welcome great to have you both back :)

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.