1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Closed Event [May 13, 2018] Ferrari 458 Challenge (lunchbox147)

Discussion in 'Casual Race Events/Racing/Testing' started by Lunchbox, Apr 9, 2018.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Ferrari 458 Challenge
lunchbox147
Signups: 8
Posted By : Lunchbox
Start: May 13, 2018 07:45 PM
End: May 13, 2018 09:45 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 8
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

i totally agree.......don't know why only means I finish further back:p

Fido996 and Robabt111 like this.
  2. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Nothing wrong with the views from back here .

cokebloke likes this.
  3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Will be a nice grid with badger making it 9 in total.

4. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Shush dont tell Nigel ;D

Fido996, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Great turn out tonight guys thanks to everyone who took part.
    Congratulations to fido (Steve) for a very easy 1st place.
    One to watch out for "Badger" showing great pace in his first race.
    And not forgetting Rob for best improvement by far nice going Rob, holding off roman is by no means an easy feat.

Race 1

Pole = Fido996 +3

1 Badger 25
    2 Fido996 22 FL +3 25
    3 cokebloke 19
    4 Zebaldus 16
    5 lunchbox147 15
    6 Robabt111 14
    7 Roman 13
    8 Scenga77744 12
    9 aldy 11

Race 2

1 Fido996 25
    2 Badger 22
    3 Scenga77744 19
    4 Robabt111 16
    5 Roman 15 FL +3 18
    6 lunchbox147 14
    7 cokebloke 13
    8 Zebaldus 12
    9 aldy 11

Results

1st Fido996= 205
    2nd lunchbox147= 155
    3rd cokebloke =139
    4th Scenga77744= 132
    5th Robabt111 =116
    6th Zebaldus =93
    7th Badger =47
    8th Motor_Head51 =34
    9th Roman =31
    10th aldy =22
    11th Numbnuts= 3

RacingRoman23R and Robabt111 like this.
  6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for organising the series Jason it created a few weekends of fun racing and of course congrats to Steve and Jason.

Totally agree with your comments, Rob is getting quicker every race and Badger is a good racer as well your both the type we want in the club keep it up gents.

Thanks lads for the great racing.

On a side note afterwards I checked everything upload/download / speed tests both PS4 and home computer and everything seems good
    I can only think it was the Sony servers particularly as a rule I don't normally have a problem.

Robabt111, Zebaldus and Lunchbox like this.
  7. Robabt111

Club GBRC

cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  8. Robabt111

Club GBRC

Many thanks to Jason and Nigel for their combined efforts in putting another great series together. Great consistency to take a convincing series win Steve .
    Cheers Jason and Nigel the regular driving with everyone involved has helped . As for holding off Roman the 2nd pit stop didnt help damn Ferrari strategy, but that is a fair trade as i didnt bin it once .
    With 9 in the final race and 11 different racers over the weeks the future is looking like fun .

Fido996, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  9. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I had a blast as always gents. I'm surprised from not playing that I had the pace but I'm also sad because well I did have the pace to possibly win it but I kept spinning it! Note to self: Need to practice for more than a hour. Lesmo 1 I kept braking just at the 50 board when I could have broke after I passed the board, trail brake and carried more speed. Hence those 56's times I ran. Well I suppose I better buy that BMW (and race more during the week!).

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  10. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Rob and very kind but it’s Jason that put all the work into it, the ideas the scoring and reporting etc etc, I just sit there and do what I’m told........ come to think about it that’s what happens with my wife. :p

Jimantonic'82, Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  11. I'm not that bad... :p

It was fun. I like longer tactical races like that. Just a shame I wasn't there for the rest of the series.
    Future series await!

Robabt111, cokebloke and Lunchbox like this.
  12. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I do really like the sprint and full race format but maybe a suggestion by me to flip them (Have the full race first and then the sprint after)? I'm just saying this because it gives more of a chance for someone else to win and the fast guys like Me, Nuts, Fido a harder time to get through the field?

Robabt111 and Lunchbox like this.
  13. Not a bad idea Roman, that way the full race could come down to strategy a bit more too.
    Although it is swings and roundabouts as a faster pace from pole over a greater distance will obviously open any gaps up bigger.
    Hard call really.
    Switching it on alternate weeks might spice it up a little?

Robabt111 likes this.
  14. Lunchbox

Lunchbox GBRC Founder
    Aministrator Club GBRC

Well the concept is quite good, yes you will have split fields but the the racing will be in groups of abilities which turns out like that anyways.

Robabt111 and carlos77744 like this.
  15. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Firstly nice one Jason top event nice to see the events keep coming Sundays are race nights and like it or not we all like to compete welcome badger never seen a badger that fast before
    First race was a mare lost quite a few places and lost grip no idea why
    Second race no grip then loads of grip weird.

Zebaldus and Robabt111 like this.
  16. aldy13

Club GBRC

Still getting used to the new wheel but no excusues for the 2 worst opening laps I think I've ever had lol dont think I actually saw another car after the first chicane for the whole of the 2 races lol. Buy hey ho onwards and upwards bring on the BMW M3 at Tsukuba should see plenty of cars there as I get lapped :eek::eek::eek:

17. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I was thinking about this very thing the other day and I came up with, as we now have the option to make our own grids, for the very first race of a series we could have the Super pole shoot out. We all have 10 minutes practice, the room gets re-set and we then all go out for an out lap, flying lap and then an in lap in turn. From then on all grid positions will be the reverse of the Championship standings. I know means a little working out between races if we have 2 races a night.

Or, we could have a handicap system whereby the top three finishers have to add weight. Say 30kg for first, 20 for 2nd and 10 for 3rd. If they then finish outside the top 3 in the next race then 5kg gets removed. If they finish in the top three again then the first rule still applies.

Robabt111 and Zebaldus like this.
  18. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Happy to mix it up Steve sounds good and would produce some close racing.

19. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Actually this would give Jim an unfair advantage as he already has a good feel for cars carrying sandbags.:rolleyes:

20. If you use the decal Jason made for me everyone will think you're carrying extra weight whereas only you'll know its a sticker...

Robabt111 and cokebloke like this.