Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [May 3, 2015] May CUP #2 - GT3 & GT500 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, Apr 28, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
May CUP #2 - GT3 & GT500
gurizzi
Signups: 10
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: May 3, 2015 11:00 AM
End: May 3, 2015 12:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. Gregson

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

GAAAAATORAAAAAAADE

gurizzi likes this.
  2. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

What is wrong with you @gurizzi & @Constructr?!?! :eek:

gurizzi likes this.
  3. Constructr

GT3 Club

:D

We were practicing yesterday and Fred was 3 sec. faster, easy. Both in the Z, gearing was perfect, car felt great and was handling well. Here comes Fred, 3 sec. faster!! I'm like,"FU*# !!" (that better Travis?)
    I tried 10-12 different setups and nothing, no improvement. Even on the straight Freds car was much faster.

#23 Constructr, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    gurizzi and Tijee like this.
  4. Fred_dude

GT3 Club

Hey, it isn't called 'Devil Z' for a reason..

gurizzi, Tijee and Constructr like this.
  5. Solid Snake

GT3 Club

Nissan GT-R GT-500 For me

gurizzi likes this.
  6. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

In order to have a constructer's championship along with a drivers championship we will feature a team system! This means, each GT500 event you can choose any car you want as long as the constructer's field is being filled correctly. We always feature a 'first-come-first-serve' sign-up, plz view the sign-up comments on the drivers before you choose an OPEN constructer.

- GT500 class: FULL

• Nissan (FULL) [constructr, snake069]
        • Toyota (FULL) [Flash, brr]
        • Lexus (FULL) [Tijee, gibbs]
        • Honda (FULL) [Travis, gurizzi]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- Community/PSN sign-up: GT3 class

-HEMIata
        -BurnerTheLegend

7. Constructr

GT3 Club

Going to have to miss this race too as something came up lastnight. Have a great race fellas!

gurizzi likes this.
  8. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Great racing at Suzuka today from the GT3 Club members! Race report coming here in a bit! :D

gurizzi likes this.
  9. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

GT3 Class: HEMIata

GT500 Class: gurizzi

Attached Files:

#29 gurizzi, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
  10. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

BOOJI'S RACE REPORT

What a race at Suzuka today! Very wild, and very close calls were made today! Me and Honda teammate @gurizzi had some fun near the end! Let's look at Qualifiying!

Qualifiying:

Qualifying wasn't too wild, and very calm. Was able to get 8th place, and Honda teammate @gurizzi was able to get 4th place.

The Race:

The race got off to a very wild start, with me jumping the gun at the last second, and people divebombing under me to get ahead before turn 1! Turn 1 was very hard, as I almost had contact with someone!
    Then me being the idiot again realized that I made a pre-race mistake, I forgot to put the hard tires on before the race! So I was starting with medium tires instead of hard! :mad:
    Then I almost had a close one with one of the cars ahead of me (I think it was @Tijee). Poor @Tijee had to DNF the race due to car problems. :(
    Then TNR_Szigen makes a DNF, but once we get to the final thoughts part of this race report we will find out why he DNF'ed. :cool:
    mad_gamer09 didn't have the best race either, awhile into the race he DNF'ed or DC'ed, so yeah, if we found that 3 drivers never made it to the finish line! :eek:
    Then I became the leader of the race, for at least 2-4 laps, before I made a mistake at the chicane after the 130R turn at Suzuka! Nice while it lasted! :)
    Then I pitted around the half mark, got hard tires to avoid another penalty for not chaning my tire compound, and got a full can of fuel.
    A little bit after that I had a crash, and it broke my wheel, so I pitted again, this time not taking fuel. And I was being an idiot again, realizing I did not select the mediums and instead chose hards! :mad:
    Then I had another crash after awhile, and this time I chose mediums, and got a half tank of fuel. Coming out of the pits was my Honda teammate @gurizzi leading the race, lapping me in the process! We had a battle until I made a mistake, but did not have a crash.
    I was able to finish in 9th place overall, and 6th place in the GT500 class, which was not that bad of a finish for the day! :)

Final Thoughts:

The GT3 Club was able to pull off both another great and the most exciting race I have ever seen in GT6!
    Now TNR_Szigen DNF'ed, but why did he DNF? Well, in chat he texted DURNING THE RACE he said he had to go offline. What does the rules say about texting during a GT3 Club race? It's in the books as a race etiquette violation, and I got the punishment for it at Spa when I did it. :p

Great racing from everyone at the GT3 Club and great win to the host and Honda teammate @gurizzi! :D
    See everyone next week at Spielberg, a.k.a A1 Ring a.k.a Red Bull Ring! :)

gurizzi likes this.
  11. xX-BOOJI-Xx

GT3 Club

Imagine if @Gregson issued that official forum warning during the whole p4n-sh0 topic. It would probably look like this! :D:p

12. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Standings through MAY CUP #2 ---

GT3 Class Standings:

1. HEMIata - 50 points
    2. Franky-Smalls - 26 points
    3. brr383 - 20 points
    4. Lewmatic12 - 20 points
    5. thermite_917 - 18 points
    6. ADR_xPredatorx - 18 points
    7. gregsahne33 - 16 points
    8. BLADErunner80 - 14 points
    9. Gappasson - 14 points
    10. gurizzi - 12 points
    11. BurnerTheLegend - 12 points
    12. Flash_Noddy - 11 points
    13. gibbsgto - 9 points
    14. Tijee - 8 points
    15. RP892012 - 7 points
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

GT500 Class Standings:

1. gurizzi - 25 points
    2. gibbsgto - 20 points
    3. Flash_Noddy - 18 points
    4. brr383 - 16 points
    5. solidsnake069 - 14 points
    6. BoojiBoyTravis - 12 points
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer up-date: (see post #1)

HEMI {+3}
    brr {+2}
    thermite {+1}
    gibbs {+1}
    BLADE {+1}
    gurizzi {+1}
    Lew {+1}
    ---------------------
    greg {+4}
    Flash {+4}
    Franky {+3}
    predator {+Am}

#32 gurizzi, May 4, 2015
    Gregson likes this.
  13. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Thanks to ALL who participated and finished this GT3 Club event !

- Great drive, HEMIata!

- Q: My qualifying session was not great, but good enough!

- R: Race start, I got into turn1 very well making an early pass on Flash and moving into 2nd place. Very good start, I just tried to make my first stint VERY un-eventful and try to stay within shouting distance of gibbs. At the end of my first stint around 17min. into the event, I went off in between Degner1 & 2 losing a good amount of time, but all sand, np! I went into pit that lap. I put RH on and took a full tank around 65L of fuel. This part of the race was still exciting do to HEMI being right behind me on pit-exit and passing back others on different strategies. I stayed out on this stint until about 16min. left in the event. I made my final putting RM back and taking a little too much fuel just incase! I gained the lead with about 8min. left in the event due to gibbs staying out a little too long and I was able to get by as he was in the pit-exit lane. I knew he would be going faster then me and on fresh tires! I accepted that I might not win, but what I CAN do is NOT make any mistakes and give the lead away! So, as the clock went down I just hoped time would run out on gibbs...AND entering the last chicane gibbs made an attempt to pass under braking, I established myself on the inside line before entry and was able to hold a defensive line under braking, I held the apex and was able to get to the line first by .5! . Great drive, gibbs & thnx 4 very clean racing! (check the results to see how close it was 4 the win & see club event in community for pic!.)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

You can also visit this link to login to your GT6 community! This is a nice feature to view/sign-up for GT3 Club events, time trials and event view the latest GT6 Season Events!

enjoy!

https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt6/signin/

#33 gurizzi, May 4, 2015
    Gregson likes this.