Welcome to GT Arena

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [May 31, 2015] MAY CUP FINAL -- GT500 & GT3 (gurizzi)

Discussion in 'GT3 Club Official Events' started by gurizzi, May 26, 2015.

You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
MAY CUP FINAL -- GT500 & GT3
gurizzi
Signups: 7
Posted By : gurizzi
Start: May 31, 2015 11:00 AM
End: May 31, 2015 12:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following Races have signed up "Yes": 7
The following Races have signed up "No":
  1. thermite_917

GT3 Club Admin

Thermite's Race Report
    (I'll only bold Blade's name once because I mention him a lot here)

I ran one of my best laps of the weekend in qualifying, putting me 2nd in class. It was nice to have a lot of chances to get a good lap in. Not too often you can run 10 laps in qualifying lol.

I tried to take it easy on the start, but it was hard to be patient when there were opportunities to get right up to Bladerunner in multi-class traffic. Unfortunately, Blade navigated through traffic quicker than I did and got away. I ended up riding behind brr383 for most of the first stint. I noticed my tires were quickly getting worn, so I had to pit with about 43 minutes to go. I decided to mix it up and stay on RM to try and catch Blade in the second stint and figure the rest out later.

I made the right call, as I was able to reel in Blade on my softer tires. Getting around him, on the other hand, was extremely fun and difficult. He was obviously still fast on hard tires, and we seemed pretty even as we battled for the lead. I knew I had to be aggressive while my tires were good. I didn't care about burning them up. This was too fun! He almost lost it once in the final turn as he went in too hard. He clipped the grass and got sideways. I barely squeezed by on the inside as a GT500 car was closing in behind us. So now I'm in the lead... finally! Blade caught back up, but I pitted for hopefully my final stop with 26 minutes to go. I put RH on and filled my tank all the way up. I knew I'd be very close on fuel and tires for this stint. Time to hold on!

When we cycled through pit stops, I was farther ahead of Blade than I expected, so I used this opportunity to back it down a little and save my tires. I also had to deal with a big group of lapped and GT500 cars during this stint. That got pretty intense! I then started watching behind me more and more to see where Blade was, and sure enough he was closing pretty quick. He eventually got as close as my rear bumper. We then caught the struggling RP with about 5 minutes to go. I saw him go off in turn 5 and thought he'd stay in the grass, but he kept going and going and ended up sliding back onto the track. I made slight contact with him as I squeaked by, but Blade wasn't as lucky. He slammed into him and his race was over. I was able to let out a sigh of relief that I was going to win, but it wasn't over yet as I had to make sure I could make it to the end on tires and fuel. My left front was almost completely gone and my fuel was in the red for the final 3 laps, but I made it!

Excellent race! As overpowered as these cars were for this track, this still ended up being a great track for them!

Oh, and congrats to GT500 winner gurizzi!

Gregson, BLADErunner80 and gurizzi like this.
  2. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

-----------------------------

GT500 Class: FINAL Standings --

1. gurizzi - 68 points
    2. brr383 - 54 points
    3. Flash_Noddy - 34 points
    4. RP892012 - 30 points
    5. Fred_Dude - 25 points
    6. BurnerTheLegend - 20 points
    7. gibbsgto - 20 points
    8. SolidSnake069 - 14 points
    9. BoojiBoyTravis - 12 points

-----------------------------------

GT3 Class: FINAL Standings --

1. thermite_917 - 68 points
    2. HEMIata - 66 points
    3. BLADErunner80 - 61 points
    4. brr383 - 52 points
    5. Lewmatic12 - 52 points
    6. gurizzi - 51 points
    7. ADR_xPredatorx - 49 points
    8. Franky-Smalls - 44 points
    9. Flash_Noddy - 34 points
    10. gibbsgto - 27 points
    11. gosconni - 21 points
    12. Fred_dude - 20 points
    13. flyhigh879 - 18 points
    14. gregsahne33 - 16 points
    15. Gappasson - 14 points
    16. RP892012 - 13 points
    17. p4n-sh0 - 12 points
    18. BurnerTheLegend - 12 points
    19. FRT_Sickwitit - 8 points
    20. Tijee - 8 points
    21. BoojiBoyTravis - 7 points
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer up-date: (see post #1)

thermite {+1}
    BLADE{+1}
    gurizzi {+1}
    --------------------------------
    flyhigh879 {+3}

3. Sickwitit

GT3 Club

Hey if any of you guys move over to P-Cars look me up... SickwititHD on PS4. Hey Gurizzi summertime man... between riding motorcycle, fishing and P-cars I don't get on PS3 much... looks like you guys are still at it... good luck! thanks for having me.

gurizzi likes this.
  4. gurizzi

GT3 Club GT3 Club Admin

Hello, sick! --

Thnx 4 leaving your PS4 ID. I will add you when I get PS4! -- Be safe on the motorcycle!