1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 30, 2014] Q2 GBRC King of the Ring (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC King of the Ring
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 30, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Nov 30, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not made the race myself, maybe on later.

2. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done too Steve and Clay for the wins and congratulations to Clay for a well-deserved championship victory.

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Carl for putting that classic event on and can only say that Honda really needs full concentration every second.
    Good racing from everybody and well done to Ciay for being "king of the Ring"

4. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

first race

1 fido
    2 gt
    3 rams
    4 coke
    5 bnic
    6 zeb
    7 carya
    8 ej
    9 scenga
    10 jamie

second race

1 gt
    2 scenga
    3 cokebloke
    4 fido
    5 rams
    6 jamie
    7 zeb
    8 carya

fastest lap fido 8.39.490

This means clay takes another victory and steve takes the runner up spot with Graham
    taking third so the king off the ring is clay well done clay, Steve, Graham
    most improved driver goes to zeb who has shown he can produce some speed when he puts his
    mind to it well done zeb .
    most spins thats me .or Jamie i am not counting .

well thats q2 kotr over i hope all have enjoyed it race craft has been excellent and the company on a sunday night spot on lets not leave sunday blank some one find something to run and we will join lets show the club scene what gbrc is all about .

cheers Carl

5. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congratulations Clayton. Winning KOTR is not easy and shows great dedication.

Well done on the 2nd and 3rd overall podiums Steve, Graham.

Fantastic job done by all taking part, I managed to watch some of the rounds from the viewing lounge, must say the race craft was outstanding.

Paul a 3rd, 6th, 7th what's going on, pleased for ya mate.

Edit: Came on for a little testing for half hour, but everyone went off line early.

#185 GT_Phill, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  6. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Glad you mentioned that Carlos. Consider this an invitation for you old cogs ;)

http://www.gtarena.com/community/th...oliday-endurance-special-racingroman23r.1992/

7. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

:D Couldnt be happier, need Meat Loaf to do a remix ''3 out of 4 aint bad''....
    Last night was the thoughest of the series, keeping the skittish MR on the straight and narrow took some serious concentration and then some, there was a fine line between making it too safe and loosing alot of pace, I went for the pace and tried to drive within the limits, psssshhh that went out the window with the drop of the flag n Steve getting a blistering pole time, got the head down but each lap was peppered with small errors all adding up and I just couldnt hold onto Steve, top drive bud really enjoyed the chase cant wait for the next one :)
    Race 2 was helter skelter, so before hand I got onto the good people at Husqvarna to botch a chainsaw on the front of the NSX, worked well as I managed to get through the pack reasonably well and got the jump on Carl in the pit stops leaving me sitting pretty in the lead on the last lap, with it all to loose, tried to drive conservatively but dropped a wheel 2/3s way round and Carl took the lead only to loose the rear coming out of that crested right hander with the silly curb on the outside, heart sank for you man great drive all the same, nearly home so i think we both took it alot more gingerly to make the line.

All in all another classic KOTR with an epic choice of cars.

Great series Carl, cheers for putting it on :D

PS. Hats off to Zeb, what a turnaround. Just goes to show preparation is everything, the more time you put in the more you will get out.

Fido996, Jimantonic and GT_Phill like this.
  8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Jimantonic likes this.
  9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Clay, looks like I'll have to put ABS back on next season to try to keep your dominance at bay!!

Zebaldus likes this.
  10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Saying that I came into these final races feeling a little apprehensive is an understatement! Whenever I'd tried the car this week I just couldn't get a consistent pace with it. I was having off track excursions for no apparent reason and in different places. By Thursday it had become incredibly frustrating. My fastest time to that point was an 8:43.

So I gave it a couple of days ( mainly to push on with Battlefield 4 assignments ) and came back to it Sunday pre-race. It was here that I decided to change the way I was driving the thing. The main problem was the car getting twitchy under heavy braking. What I decided to do was brake a little earlier but for less time and let the corner do the rest of the slowing down for me. Now I felt more at ease with the car and confidence soon started to return.

I took this new found confidence into qualifying, trying to get out early so that I wouldn't get held up if someone in front made a mistake. But I wasn't concentrating when the track went live and got out mid pack. So I did about a third of a lap and started again with a clear track in front of me. After my flying lap I looked at the bottom right for the fastest time and saw 8:39. " Who the hell posted that?" I thought. I looked to the driver list to see my name up the top. I nearly fell out of my seat! I never saw whose name was at the bottom in the fastest lap box, it didn't register.

Race one, trying desperately not to jump the start and got away well. The next lap Clay and I managed to get a gap on the rest of the field. Then a couple of silly mistake saw the lead change a couple of times between us. We both pitted at the end of the first lap and went charging on. One thing I will say though, I was very lucky to get the fastest lap as well. Clay was slowly reeling me back in to catch up in time for the final straight, but then he made a mistake somewhere and lost three seconds. This gave me some much needed breathing room of just over six seconds. But, over the last third of the lap, he had regained three seconds and ended up a few tenths off of my fastest time. So, without the mistake we're looking at a possible 8:36 !!!! Amazing......

Race two, and I got another fairly good getaway. But soon found myself running out of room and had to back off. From then on really, I never got going. Although the guys in front of me were quick I felt I could've gone quicker. My only hope was if most of the people in front of me pitted at the end of the first lap. Which most politely obliged. This left a couple in front. Zeb was first up, and can I just echo what everyone else has said. His pace in this series has made a giant leap, really great to see. I eventually got past him after he took to the grass and I promptly did exactly the same immediately after. Lost a lot of time over that, but all my own doing. Clay by this time was away and gone to take the last win of the night and overall championship victory. Great display Clay and thoroughly deserved. Congratulations.

So, the end of another great KOTR. And what a great choice of cars. The Golf was really fun to drive and deserves a series of its own. The Silvia, I would gladly have its babies, love that car. And the NSX? I think this car would shine on a proper circuit. I just find its a little too unpredictable for the Ring. But a great learning experience.

A huge thank you to Carl for sorting and hosting these events, great car choices. And thank you to everyone else for turning up and making it an event. It's not the easiest of places to race at but the level of skill that was on show was great to see. The replays make great viewing.

Cheers, and thanks for reading! :D

#190 Fido996, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    rams1de, Zebaldus and GT_Phill like this.
  11. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good write up Steve.

Despite the fuss and confusion at times during the series, there's no getting away from the great racing it produced.

12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

13. Race Admin

Club GBRC

UPDATE:
    Incident under review:

Carya, JamienGem, EJD.
    Contact, failure to allow place regain.
    Deemed as a racing incident due to connection issues.

#193 Race Admin, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  14. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Race Admin,

This was in Race 1? somewhere in the 1st BBQ area, I picked up a rear end job, was so severe I imagined that there was a little accident behind me. I got a little stuck against the wall and instructed Carya and JamienGem to a carry on, as any further delay would of completely ruin all three of our races,

As a result of us carrying on immediately we were able to catch back up with the pack. I instructed the waiting cars to continue. I feel that this was a simple racing incident and hold no grudges and strongly feel there should be no further action. Very surprised this has come out 3 days after the event.

Question is whoooooooo complained........

Regards
    Eoin

GT_Phill likes this.
  15. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice job ej.

Wish everyone was like you.

16. carya

Club GBRC

Sorry to anyone I messed up due to invisibility on track. To be honest I wasn't sure if I should have carried on or quit, I thought it might be that those I didn't see, didn't see me either, but this proved not to be the case.

17. JamienGem

Club GBRC

18. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

ah I see, I wasn't upset at all about it. Accidents happens, turns out this was was a glitch which is even more understandable. I had a good battle chasing you both either way.

19. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great posts, why can't everyone be like this. I say if in doubt just wait you can still have a ding dong battle with two or three. Even if 1st place has drove off into the sun set, he's the only one getting bored hot lapping on his own.

I hate it, I would sooner wait for them as well.

ejd_eire likes this.
  20. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

yeah I agree Phil, Id always wait. Better to have a battle for 3 laps then drive alone.

In this situation the way I nose dived into the armco, it sorta got me stuck and I was trying to find reverse time was ticking on, I flashed profusely luckily Jamie and Carya started to move away, we caught the pack and the race continued. I know everyone I race with here has no intentions of ramming anyone so anytime I get a tap/bang/shunt etc it stays in my mind for about 2/10's of a second and I move on.

Clay.GT1372, JamienGem and GT_Phill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.