1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 30, 2014] Q2 GBRC King of the Ring (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC King of the Ring
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 30, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Nov 30, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Carl, can you clarify the PP/BHP/KG as the above posts ?

I'll amend the OP if needed or are we all just sticking to the PP only (with variations in BHP/KG)

2. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

The cars should be as per normal with a oil change this = 372hp 1000kg with out these restrictions they are not = so will not be fair sorry for the late post and hope all are OK with this nsx setting will be posted

bnic11 likes this.
  3. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nsx settings 523pp 392hp 1045 kg

4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Is that with oil change as well Carl ?

5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

The OP is now updated for this weekend ;

Week 2 Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero Touring Car 514PP / 372bhp / 1000kg / Race Hards /
    power limiter within 90-100% NOTE : Oil Change required

6. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Back to PS3 to see what's up

7. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes Bruce complete with oil change

8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Cheers Carl, OP updated with NSX specs.

9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

So, have I got to do the oil change then? I quite like mine at 360bhp. :(

10. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

yes i noticed that you run yours lower and still thrashed me last night steve

11. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Sorry to be a pain but could someone point me in the direction of the tuning page, I can never find it!

Thanks in advance

Jamie

12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Its down the bottom of this page Jamie
    http://www.gtarena.com/community/forums/gt-arena-garage.162/

13. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

results for tonight racing

race 1
    1: Fido996
    2: GT1372 (FL 8:46.569)
    3: Cokebloke
    4: Ramside
    5: Ejd_IRE
    6: Jamiengem
    7: Zebaldus
    8: Bnic11
    9: Scenga77744
    10: GBRC_JannerJim

race 2

1st gt 1372
    2nd zebaldus
    3rd fido 996
    4th jamie
    5th rams
    6th ej
    7th bnicc
    8th coke fl 8.52
    9th jim
    10 scenga dnf

With talk off trannys (not the ford type ) pre race and ring dings it sent my mind into overdrive not that im that way inclined and i manged replicate torvill and dean on several occasions and after being half a lap behind i gave up but well done to steve and clay

and also to note seems setting the fastest lap can only be done if you pit on first lap does this matter .

Jimantonic likes this.
  14. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Fido and Clay on your wins. Witnessed a couple of brilliant overtakes by Clay in race 2, might have to capture them for all to see some wicked racecraft.

A special well done to Zeb for a great drive in race 2, not your first podium finish so let's be having less of this 'I'm a slow coach' nonsense if you don't mind ;)

Non descript performance from me. Except a couple of missed gear changes that caused a bit of bother. A straight forward off in race 1 but unfortunately up shifting when relying on engine braking into turn 1 in race 2 meant I collided with Fido. Apologies once again Steve.

Fido996 likes this.
  15. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

First well done Steve and Clayton, although I was to late to watch the first race.

Race 2. I made a couple of notes while watching the race from the viewing lounge, Graham your pass on Zeb uphill in the mid section bloody fantastic driving from both, Zeb seeing he was not going to be able to hold you off, and you having to take it to the limit off the track to get by safely as Zeb was only just leaving you enough room, great driving from both.

Clayton on a fine drive and good pit stop timing, got him a well deserved win.

Man of the moment has to be Paul as I said last night what a transformation, shrugged off a couple of dodgy moves from EJ just after the 24hour section, more love taps than anything. Zeb held it together for a fine 3rd place 10/10 Paul.

Must admit I didn't see most of the others as I spent almost 3 lap in the back seat of Zeb's car, I spent a little time watching Paul in some testing in the week, and I said then you seem to be pushing things a little and un-settling the car into corner, was great to see last night there was none of that and it looks like things paid off.

Well done to all the guys was a good entertaining race to watch.

Fido996 likes this.
  16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

17. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

yeah sorry bout that Zeb, :(

First of those taps was because the Silvia's bonnet is so long (im too used to stupid snub nosed FF's!!), I was on the left and you came across, I thought you had enough space to sit in front of me until I heard/felt us touch and the 2nd... well this was the result of Jamie spinning, we both dove for the same side and barreled together into the corner, I never meant to overtake during either incident. Glad you continued well, you were so hard to catch last night. I practiced with Zeb earlier on Sunday and during the week and he was blistering. I knew he was going to do good this week.

My Man of the Match so to speak is Zebaldus. Well done.

As for my race, I had a ball as always with you guys. Got booted mid way thru a decent qualy timed lap, but I wont go on. We pulled together and got it sorted. I could of done alot better if I had of kept it clean (think everyone is in that boat) Everyone was tooth and nail at it. Great battles. As always with ye lads in an official race 110% is needed at all times.

Dunno if I can make next weeks race at the moment, have a busy weekend ahead but hope to have all sorted by 6pm on Sunday. In saying that I cant wait to get back to bit of circuit racing. The Soul Crushing Outlap of Nurmeburg is killing me.

Thanks for another great race Scenga and thanks to all that came. Great stuff.

Fido996 likes this.
  18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great racing again last night. I came into this feeling fairly confident with my pace but on first starting to drive the car it felt like something wasn't quite right with the handling. I eventually put it down to a severe hang over ( which I still appear to be suffering from! ).

Race one started and I got a good lead early on. I could see the split times slowly creeping up. The first two laps were fine, very little in the way of mistakes. Then the third lap and I could feel myself drifting off to sleep and losing concentration. A seat clenching spin soon brought me round and, luckily for me, I had just enough of a gap to be able to recover and carrying on without losing a position.

Race two, well, I knew this would be difficult. Managed to pick up a couple of places to start with and was fairly happy to follow the crowd and pick off the odd place through mistakes, hopefully. But then I got distracted by an engine noise behind me and completely lost track of what I was doing. Clay had caught up and was now right up my chuff! As I was looking in the mirror I completely forgot to change up and the loss of speed allowed Clay a nice easy pass. Then, bit further down the road, Zeb and Ej were having a side by side ding dong and were kicking up dust everywhere. At one point I thought that there'd been an off. Then on the entry to Aremberg, there was more clouds of dust. So I started to slow down and then realised that there were three cars in front of me and where I was planning to put my car was already occupied by Clay. So, trying to brake some more, I took to the grass on the inside in a poor attempt to avoid it all and ended up T-boning Clay. Apologies Clay, poor driving on my part.

My race was never really the same after that. And Zeb, I had to drive the wheels off my car just to even catch you. Seems like the training that you've been doing is bearing fruit. I thought there was contact when I eventually passed, plus I thought I forced the move too much. So, I gave the place up just to be sure. Besides, its a very well deserved podium spot you earned there. Great drive!

Congratulations to Clay once again, some great results in this round seems to have cemented your place at the top of the leaderboard.

And thanks to Carl for hosting and organising again. Loved this car.

So, onto the NSX. A car where the back end is in competition with the front to see who can make it into the corner first! Man, what a handful.

Cheers for reading!

19. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

after seeing Zeb has moved ahead of me by 1 point in the championship I take back al I said.... bahhh humbug!!

20. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a nice evening, had a magical tune that I really liked. Do not remember which one I used rams1de but thanks again.
    However, sorry for Fido because you did not have to stop, barely touched me. But very gentlemanly of you.
    Hope it was not the last time I was successful. =)
    No problems EJ, it happens and we fixed it =)
    Thanks for all the nice words and thanks to the host and hope PD sort out the problems with the rooms.

Fido996 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.