1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 30, 2014] Q2 GBRC King of the Ring (scenga77744)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC King of the Ring
scenga77744
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 30, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Nov 30, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Clay go win it so (disbanded) ALV wins everything in Q2 muahahahaha :p

PAPPACLART likes this.
  2. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

What a turnaround by Zeb, hats off to you man great job, it is really good to see members making improvements and working together for better racing in the long run. Cheers to rams for taking the time, top man,

Last night was a bit of a blur, can't recall all the goings on, need to watch the replay still, made a mess of my quali laps so put the blinkers on for race 1, can't remember who but there were some really good battles, had planned to pit lap 1 but did the rams on it and drove the wheels of it after pitting lap 2 knowing i'd have the better rubber when it came to making the passes, thank god it worked. Race 2 was pretty much the same, a blur, some great battles, @Fido996 no worries about the bang bud out and out racing accident, i'd slowed up cos i couldnt see througt the smoke, i'd seen you coming at a serious rate of knots n thaught sh1t he's not going to get it stopped up enough.... i clenched waiting for impact, not you fault at all bud. I kept the head down n called ever corner i came too pushed the poor car weel over its limit many times n i took it all and asked for more.

Cracking event, and prob my favourite car of all our official events, nice 1 Carl well done.

Zebaldus and Fido996 like this.
  3. carya

Club GBRC

I should be free for the final round, if there will be space for me…

Jimantonic and Fido996 like this.
  4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ah Bruce, you could have at least said you'd put in hours of practice and had the perfect setup to make me feel better about only just keeping you at bay! ;)

Race 1 was exactly as expected for me, just turned up for support.

A few tweaks to the car for race 2 made it much more driveable, pulled a nice gap until we got to the Nordicpictureshelf where Bruce started to close in bit by bit, but luckily gave me a break with a small off.
    Pitted on lap 2 to see Clay had made up the ground to pull off the undercut, but luckily for me his brakes didn't work and he sailed off across the grass at Razzamataz and stopped for a Sourcrout sandwhich.
    Gave me a 6+ second lead, but left me gobsmacked when Clay gained nearly 3 seconds in one sector!! Didn't think I was that slow at the ring!!

Just about held him off despite a few small errors but I'm surr it would have beem a microsecond gap had I finished.

Well done to all, especially Zeb.

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Don't know about everyone else, but I haven't managed a clean lap yet with the NSX. Never have I driven a car in game that feels like its always on a knife edge. Even when its stood still ! My fastest lap so far has been an 8:59.xxx.

6. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I tried the NSX last night. Was ok to keep on track but does break loose quite easy with its stock settings. Removing camber made the back end a little more stable and getting rid of the front toe makes it turn in better but is harsher on front tyre wear.

I didn't change anything else and with stock downforce was doing the same times as the Silvia. Slower in slow corners, faster in fast in corners and top speed about the same.

7. JamienGem

Club GBRC

You all seem to be forgetting the most important thing about the NSX- it's got pop up headlights!!

Zebaldus and RacingRoman23R like this.
  8. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

stories that begin with "I had a dream last night" are usually boring..... so I'll keep this short....

I had a dream last night. (probably because I did some grinding and bougth some S2000's and the NSX for Sunday) Somehow in my dream I had acquired a red NSX, I don't know how.......it's a dream car of mine. I was so excited to show it to my friends...... It handled like I thought, it sounded exceptional and it was fast....... I brought a close friend for a spin, it was very vivid, but in my dream while driving I realized that it wasn't a NSX at all....... it was a NSX replica based on a Hyundai Sonata......... My dream disappointment and embarrassment was immense, I remember not being able to tell my friends I had duped then into thinking I owned a NSX. I woke up disappointed and went to work with a greater distaste for Hyundai's.
    [​IMG]

#168 ejd_eire, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    JamienGem likes this.
  9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Bit of cheddar before bedtime was it?

10. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not sure if I'll have a tune to share for the NSX. I've been on twice but driving Nurb24 is a really slow way to test settings other than on feel.

I've already mentioned removing toe and camber on my first try out. Tonight I lowered brake balance, added +0.50 front toe, back to +1.00 rear toe, lowered downforce a little bit 175/395 iirc and set the transmission with basic tranny trick. They were all an improvement although I'm not 100% sure about the high amount of positive front toe, good turn in but front tyres light up a bit more than I'd like.

Best lap was :46.xxx and going by Jamie and Carl's sector times, I reckon they could do better than that by Sunday.

11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I tried the NSX offline last night and thought it drove fantastic straight out the box, I dropped the camber and toe to zero, lowered front spring rate by 0.02 and raised the rear spring rate by 0.02.
    It felt ok but lacking something so added camber: 0.1 front and 0.3 rear and lowered lsd accel and decel both by 2 and it felt stable and good.
    My lap times at the ring don't mean anything, as they are measured in days not seconds.
    What speed is everyone getting on the straight? 1st run I was looking at 160mph just in the dip, with a few revs left to allow for draft.

12. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

This car is not as easy as last weeks.... will be back to normal I guess on sunday. =)

13. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

You're right Jim, there's not much wrong with it as it comes. Expected it to be a bit faster, given the extra PP and fact it is MR. I like the stock suspension settings (bar wheel alignment) and haven't changed the diff yet.

Top speed on the long straight is just over 160 going to the bridge to about 165 before hitting the brakes in the dip. I'd like to go lower on downforce but it's already feeling a little unsafe in two corners. There's something about the right hander leading onto the long straight, camber maybe, that throws the car off easily. Can't take it near as fast as in the Silvia.

EDIT: Made a few adjustments and it's better behaved in the aforementioned corners. Still very much a basic tune, but I'd say stable enough to race with. Tune in the Clubman Set Ups thread for anyone interested.

#173 rams1de, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  14. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Got a room open if anyone want a practice. Will be off at 7.15pm.

15. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

hey, tonight is my setup/practice night, been really busy this week. Dying to get on. C ya's later

16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Managed to get a bit of track time earlier. Adjusted one or two things which helped with the handling, but the main thing was a change in driving style to suit the cars characteristics. So I was able to set some times for comparison, eventually!

This car has been a real challenge to sort out, by far the most difficult of the three. But I think I've finally got there. Still have to be careful in a couple of corners and stay well away from anything resembling a curb, but should be fairly competitive come race day.

Hopefully! :eek:

17. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Clay100
    Fido86
    Rams74
    Cokebloke69
    Zeb58
    EJD57
    Jamie54
    Scenga50
    Silverline32
    bnic1125
    jimantonic21

The current championship standings with the nsx its do or die so as far as i can see its can be won by any one in the top 3 one slip and your at the back on the ring so who will take the tittle king off the ring ?

Fido996 likes this.
  18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Going on previous performances Clays lead will be hard to overhaul. He can afford a mistake or two. All the chasers can't! But I'll be giving it my best shot. Potentially my first championship!

Got the car close to where I am confident with the handling. Still not entirely satisfied, but I think I've got to the point where anymore fiddling will be a case of going round in circles. Pace wise I'm completely in the dark about, have absolutely no idea on what to expect. I've set one 'fast' lap time but I wasn't anywhere near the limit. Just concentrated on getting round without incident. If I remember correctly it was an 8:43. So I think I'll be looking to gain on other peoples errors tonight. This car lends itself to that very well.

So, see you all on track later!

Jimantonic likes this.
  19. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

IF (and it's a big 'if') I manage to get on tonight I think it would be quite good if we could try Phillips idea of the Celica vs. S2000 at Motegi west with a bigger grid, so if anyone is interested then pick yourself up a Celica from Trial in the dealership and a S2000 from Opera.
    We'll go over the specs when we are in the lobby.

20. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll be about later have grand kids here for dinner then f1 so I'll not make the lounge for kotr tonight

Edit my very first reply by smart arse phone

Zebaldus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.