1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 9, 2014] Q2 GBRC - Le Mans Legends (Fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC - Le Mans Legends
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 9, 2014 07:00 PM
End: Nov 9, 2014 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

This should clear up any confusion over track limits for Racer and Admin alike.

Courtesy of that other GT site lol.

Trackside Left at Exit of Last Chicane/Start of Main Straight

[​IMG]
    CLEAN
    [​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Right at Right Sweeper of Dunlop

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Left in Lefthand Turn of Dunlop

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Left at Exit of Dunlop

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Right Before Last Left of Esses, before Tertre Rogue

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Right of Tertre Rouge

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Left on Exit of Tertre Rouge

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Left on Approach to Mulsanne

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

Trackside Left At Exit of Mulsanne

[​IMG]
    CLEAN
    [​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Left at Exit of Right in Indianapolis

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Left at Left Turn in Indianapolis

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Right on Exit of First Right of Porsche Curves

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Right on Exit of Last of Porsche Curves

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Trackside Right on Straight Next to Last Chicane

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Right hand Side before Chicanes

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

Chicanes

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

[​IMG]
    CLEAN

[​IMG]
    DIRTY

2. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice find Nuts, pretty sure those pics are from a WRS TT I took part in way back when, ah, the good old days when I still had time to dabble in the dark side!!

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good work Steve that will help everyone, thanks

4. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

It was from a current TT but, like you said, they've probably recycled the images from an earlier TT.

Track corner layout.
    [​IMG]

And {puts on adenoid 'geek' voice} , probably the best Scalextric ever.

[​IMG]

I know, I know.....it's not a 'Scalextric' technically but it's like with the 'hoover' - everyone used to call it a hoover but it...........you know what I mean. :eek:

EDIT:- After a bit of 'googlin' found that the track above looks suspiciously like an 'Auto World' electric slot car kit/s.

#364 numbnuts70, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ah, them were the days. I used to belong to a club that raced an eight lane circuit that used to take up one of those courts that are marked out on the floor. I still have the cars i used to race somewhere in the garage.

This one still has a way to go to beat the James May one at Brooklands though.:)

6. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

I must have missed that one, although May seems to get on my 'tits' for some reason - silver, plum and silly dance springs to mind lol :p

Here's a vid of the making.

7. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done nuts you've just shown in pictures everything I said in my post. We have very intelligent members who understand the explanation on limits I mentioned for the Le-mans track, but I'm sure your nice find of dirty and clean visual explanation is very welcomed to.

This is what our forum is all about, good work nuts. ^5

8. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just putting this out there and I know it's short notice but would anyone be up for running this at 6.00pm rather than 8pm cos of the US GP?
    Most of us are in the room at 7pm-ish anyways, as I say, just putting it out there. :D

#368 numbnuts70, Nov 2, 2014
  9. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

And no-ones mentioned that we're gonna get an early fireworks display as well.

My favourite night of the year, Guy Fawkes Night, I'm sure you will all be able to work out why hahaha. :D

#369 numbnuts70, Nov 2, 2014
  10. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

not been able to get on all week, no internet untill yesterday so havent had time to get much practise in had a run last night and to my suprise the Pug performed exactly the same in the dark as it did in the bright day light same breaking turning clipping points every turn. what times are wee looking? need to knock off a few laps before the race.

11. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good idea with the time change nuts, but I fear most of our members are dictated to by her in doors. So it'll have to be a record job.

numbnuts70 likes this.
  12. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just done a race simulation, my eyes are bleeeding....:eek:

SILVERLINE likes this.
  13. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I hear you nuts, I did that last licence thingy 24 minutes at Le-mans Day/night/day in the wet that got my eyes popping

14. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great pictures highlighting track legal/illegal cornering. As I wasn't great at staying legal last week, I'll be paying special attention this week. Cheers.

HOWEVER....

Does anyone think that some of those "legal" track positions are extremely far off track. Wonder what Bernie and the lads would think of that in the F1 world. 95% of the car is off track.... either ways, I'm not debating it or questioning it.

Looking forward to this, have done a squib of practice at night...... not looking forward to that but will stick a few laps in later.

I'm recording the F1, will watch after but if anyone wants to re schedule I don't have any issue with that.

Eoin

15. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Eoin

Track limits are a very debatable area, we try our best to take into account that our cars/wheel/controllers are not as forgiving as the real world, a fast track like Le-mans sure pushes us to the limit of control, so the odd off or beyond the track limits is expected, just not lap after lap with no attempt to adjust is the way admin looks at it.

F1 is something we could keep in mind when clashing with events, we all like to watch it I think.

Good luck tonight guys, try and keep it clean for admins sack.

SILVERLINE likes this.
  16. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well, for me at least, the track limits are plain to see. It's usually the two white line on either side of the track. But, as you say Phill, with this track being so quick it's very easy to be 'sucked' into a corner after slipstreaming.

17. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done on your win tonight Roman and with that, the championship.

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Here's tonights results subject to Race Admin confirmation.

Lemans Legends Round 3 Peugeot 908 FAP
    Pole : RacinRoman23R 3:24.6XX

1. RacingRoman23R (FL3:25.230)
    2. numbnuts70
    3. Fido996
    4. jamiengem
    5. RER-Silverline
    6. cokebloke
    7. ejd_IRE
    8. GT1372
    9. scenga77744 DNF

There were some great battles tonight. But I really must apologise for cocking up the main event. I completely forgot to re-set the time progression after setting the circuit for qualifying. Stupid mistake on my part. I was really looking forward to the challenge of the day/night/day race.

A big thank you to you all for turning up and racing these events. Hope you enjoyed them. It does look, for the time being at least, that one makes are the way to go. Such a shame. It's nice to have some variety on track.

See you all next week for Carl's series when we make a return to The Ring.

Cheers

Steve

#378 Fido996, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  19. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hard fought series.

Today was a challenge but I really enjoyed it. The car wasn't as easy to set up as the A class or the GT3 I previously had set up before the event. I had to put in some time during the week to get the car right. I had a dilemma either to go more aero and be a beast on the last technical part of le mans or low downforce and just fly on the straights. Glad I went for more aero. Nuts was faster on the straights but it showed on the twisties. Steve and I were about equal for the most part.

This car was tricky as its very sensitive to inputs. Especially at Indy, Arnage, and the Ford chicanes getting the power down efficiently was crucial. I know I breached track limits a few times (I even think my FL was borderline off track limits but my 25.4 lap was clean) either from the yellow curbs pushing the car wide or just not downshifting one more gear. Thanks for the event Steve I loved the hour challenge and I'm glad to say I can go off into the sunset......A LeMans Legend ;)

Clay.GT1372 and Fido996 like this.
  20. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Except for the image Trackside left on approach to Mulsanne. It shows the car with all four wheels well outside the white boundary lines but is deemed clean. Which explanation is correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.