1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Nov 9, 2014] Q2 GBRC - Le Mans Legends (Fido996)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC - Le Mans Legends
Fido996
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Nov 9, 2014 07:00 PM
End: Nov 9, 2014 09:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
  1. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

As this is about Le-mans track in this thread I don't mind the replies, but I would not like to see this turn into a general debate of track limits.

[​IMG]

I see what you refer to Graham, on paper this is beyond the track bounder as shown by the white painted track limit line. One could call it a run off area, but the worst offence is you can see that, this is a 90deg turn, by using this area beyond the bounder you are in fact changing the angle of the turn. Therefore able to take it much quicker, if you were also to use the same on the exit, you've now made a 90deg turn something like a 120deg turn.

This would in affect give you 2 or 3 mph more exit speed for the start of the back straight, and we know what that means. Who ever did this photo was totally wrong, one your altering the track layout and two, it's not very good racing etiquette.

Which is something we pride our selves on here at GBRC.

If it was concrete or green painted ash felt it would be deemed out of bounds straight away.

Having read this back through, I hope it doesn't come across as I'm having a dig, I'm not, just pointing out what GBRC considers as good racing etiquette.

2. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Not at all Phill, just seeking clarification as there was contradictory information in the thread.

3. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes there was Graham, and right you bring it up. That picture at Le-mans Mulsanne corner shows a blatant misuse of the regs, that's not a mistake or showing someone taking it to the limit but still trying to stay within the bounds.

Keep two wheels on the line or inside the line yes, but beyond this your taking the mick.

So it's a very bad representation.

4. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Some random pics from the 3 rounds.

#384 numbnuts70, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  5. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Anyone else having trouble seeing the pics nuts has posted?

SILVERLINE likes this.
  6. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I thought it was me or the phone but yes I cant see them either

7. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ah balls, will get on it.

EDIT; don't know what went on then......pos dropbox

#387 numbnuts70, Nov 3, 2014
  8. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Is that better gents?

It can't have anything to do with me logging out of dropbox can it?

#388 numbnuts70, Nov 3, 2014
  9. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Every time I sign out of dropbox the pictures diasappear, any ideas chaps?

#389 numbnuts70, Nov 3, 2014
  10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I can't see anything either. Just blue boxes with a question mark inside. Or have we been infiltrated by The Riddler? :eek::D

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  11. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

:cough cough FLICKR NUTS cough:

12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Looks like your pasting in the wrong shared link info Nuts, try something with IMG....file name....IMG

#392 bnic11, Nov 3, 2014
  13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

A wild Bruce has appeared!

14. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm doing the 'copy image url' thing, when I'm logged into dropbox it shows the images.

I'll try to copy and paste the images directly.

15. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Can admin delete my un-used posts please

I tried to amend it but it ended up showing my account and email address and password and stuff so balls to it.

SILVERLINE likes this.
  16. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

woops sorry Nuts I was trying your url in a post, didn't work so I deleted it but it deleted your post as well.

Edit: Looks like all is good now Nuts, just say if there is anything else

17. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

From my vantage point.

-Nuts and I were driving the Works cars while everyone else went privateer base model cars (privateers...pssh!)
    - Fido after resetting the room forgot to set the time back so it was a day only race.
    - I got pole
    - Fido pitted off sequence to try to undercut me at the end. Nuts ran a 2 stop strategy instead of 3 (me)
    - Carlos accidentally put petrol and not diesel so retired from the race
    - There was only one spectator on the grandstand seats (VagueGT)
    - I won
    - I'm growing a mustache for Movember
    - Edit: Silver found some silver then spun!

The End ;)

#397 RacingRoman23R, Nov 3, 2014
    bnic11 likes this.
  18. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

From pistoneds, Derek Bell topping 220/230mph in the early 80's in a Porsche 956, talk about track sanitation nowadays.

[​IMG]

#398 numbnuts70, Nov 3, 2014
    JamienGem and SILVERLINE like this.
  19. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

firstly sorry steve spun out several times so lost the will f1 was calling

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  20. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Final Championship Stats ;
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TFJXSTc5ZmQ1b2UyOENPY3c&usp=drive_web#gid=141

Congratulations to Racing Roman who ties on 75 points with Numbnuts, but due to having 2 wins, wins the series.

Well done to Numbnuts on his comeback for 2nd place

Clay, used to being on the top step this season, has to settle for 3rd place overall.

PLEASE NOTE = Racing Romans fastest lap is void due to exceeding track limits, therefore Roman loses the 3pts for fastest lap. Numbnuts was second fastest so is now awarded fastest lap & 3pts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.