1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Oct 19, 2014] Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED) (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED)
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Oct 19, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Oct 19, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'm there or there abouts then at the moment, didn't get a great deal on there yesterday, 6 laps online before my son wanted to try the go kart, 7 laps offline before needing to start cooking dinner.
    36.4 and 35.1 respectively.

2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Anyone about for some practice later?

SILVERLINE likes this.
  3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hoping to be on Steve, but SWMBO is in a bit of a mood so I'd best get some jobs done first, or I might just man up and come online and face the raging wife of fury later...
    If you don't hear from me again soon then inform the appropriate authorities...

EDIT: Took the risk and snuck on for 15 minutes... don't tell her!!!
    At this rate I'll be wearing my wheel out, with a grand total of 19 laps, jealous chaps??!

#763 Jimantonic, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  4. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Never liked this track much before and now even less lol, just can't get consistent laps never mind find ones, best tonight was 36.0, and a lot of mid to high 36s, had to come off in the getting too annoyed , think I'll settle for whatever on Sunday this just isn't a REX track at all. :mad:

Probably another Gary win anyway for a change.

5. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

I wouldn't worry Jim. Whenever I've logged on recently your main rival is playing COD.

Or his kids are using his account

6. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Clay has been on Since last Sunday though !! :p

7. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

That sounds a very acceptable lap times Silver, holding mid 36 on this track is a strong race pace. You know from testing there are many places whereby any advantage gained can be lost, T1 T2 T4 being able to hold 35's for a number of laps clean is going to be very hard.

Good luck for Sunday guys.

8. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Cheers Phil , its just I know I can go a tad consistently faster because the RX is struggling to make turn 2 without getting a bit out of shape and T3 I'm missing my braking point for some reason but that's more to do with me and this was happening in the C Class too.

9. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Mind games Rams, psychological warfare lol... ah no I've relations over for a few weeks so the ps tends to get hijacked, the COD is great for venting anger cant beat killing aliens with rocket launchers :)

Have had plenty of time round the 'A1' ring (boycotting redbull cos they're not nice people), I've always loved this track even back in the old F1 days, it has such a unique flow and feel and so rewarding. had a good long run yesterday, very happy all round, Gary feels great, best of the night was a 1.34.9** afret pits running on fumes, and was consistently doing 1.35.4**/6**, then I realised my oil change was due seeing as I was at 308bhp, had a very quick run this morning at 315bhp and lap3 was a 1.35.202 followed by 35.3, .2, .2, .3. haven' done chassis restore yet so im hoping to pop into the 34s ;)

rams1de likes this.
  10. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

The championship looks like going right to the wire and if comes down to Jim and Clay bumper to bumper in a last race decider, I want the replay please.

Jimantonic likes this.
  11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

My money is on Clay!!

SILVERLINE likes this.
  12. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Fantastic times Clayton, if the room is stable on Sunday I hope to find time to watch from the viewing lounge.

SILVERLINE likes this.
  13. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

My money is on Gary :p

14. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Yep excellent times Clay , I thought Gary may have struggled on a more technical track tbh and surprised at the Lexus dipping into the 35s, this is why I know I'm down by at least .500 a second on my best time so far at 36.0 its a setup problem I think and me not getting a couple of corners right.

I know we've seemed to have got these cars a bit more competitive but the Gary is still way ahead .

15. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

ALV could use another trophy.....CLAY! lol

16. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Get the Imp out on Sunday then Rom ;)

17. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I'm afraid I'm imprisoned with whats called midterm exams (1 today and 3 next week). As much as I want to race I have to put GT6 on the back burner.

SILVERLINE likes this.
  18. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Shame that as I expected the Imp to go well around the ring, I might give that a go tonight actually.

Good luck Roman.

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  19. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

You old sandbagger Roman, a bit more believable this time, but expect to see you @ RBR ;)

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  20. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I think its more Clay than the Gary, he wasn't shy in telling how much he likes this track, watching him last night he has the car exactly where he wants it, with massive confidence to launch it into turns 4 and 5. I think he may have sacrificed turn 2 in place of this with his setup, but my setup feels so awkward at turn 2 also, almost too cautious of the rear when turning in that I dont turn enough and run wide.

Couldn't find any pace last night, was knackered when I got on and just kept making silly mistakes, got stuck in mid 36 land whereas earlier in the day I was managing 35.8/35.9 on a 6 lap session.
    Might get back on later tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.