1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Oct 19, 2014] Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED) (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED)
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Oct 19, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Oct 19, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

That's where I think I should be 35.8s - 36.0s and not 36.4s - worse lol, I think I still have my TMR set up so may try that as that set up coped with all the hilly twisty bits ok !

PS
    Something else that dawned on me today but maybe coincidence but 3 out of the 5 rounds so far have been " Original tracks " 2 have been " World " the Original ones for me have been the least tricky in terms of setting up compared to the World tracks , and Redbull ring is also a World track !! and again having set up problems.

#781 SILVERLINE, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

That was a better session I just had with Jim oooh errrr , managed to get the old wankel into some consistent laps, terrible laps at first tbh, then started dipping into the 35's , 35,9 35,7 then seem to even out to some 36,1s 2s so happier but tbh don't like this track in parts and Jim pointed out something that the tyres seem to take ages to warm up, the tyre wear isn't very high at all, I did 14 laps my tyres were still good enough for a low 36 ! Just a side note I don't like the colour of the tarmac around there for some reason, it looks actually more abrasive than a normal tarmac.

3. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Complete contrast to last week in regards to tyres, first 6 laps on a new run are all over the place, lap 7 onwards and they just switch on.
    I finally managed to find a bit of pace and consistency last night, but not a lot!
    35.4's and 35.5's, will try to get on again tonight to try and find a little more consistency.
    I think the biggest loss for me here is in the 2 big braking zones for turns 2 and 3, was almost tempted to turn ABS back on last night but thought better of it, I should be surprised really that I've done as well as I have against you guys with ABS off, I was kind of expecting to write this season off and go back to using ABS if I didn't do too well.

4. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Yeah that's impressive Jim actually with ABS off, I had a go with that off in Q2 in the MiTo but couldn't match my times with it on, I suppose you could still experiment in practice though with it on, you never know we might stand a chance ! ;)

PS Do you get the impression they haven't got this track right Jim with regards to tyre wear ?, it's the least wearing a part from Daytona but that one is understandable being mostly oval !

#784 SILVERLINE, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  5. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Race Notes for the final round tomorrow ;

PLEASE CAN EVERYONE CHANGE THEIR OIL BEFORE THE RACE.
    With this round being the Championship decider, I dont want members to be rejoining the room after changing oil & be out of position for Race 2. As you know, every point counts & Race 2 could be decisive.

Track Limits ;
    Turns 1 & 2 are always very difficult to get right all the time. The last couple of turns before the finishing straight are awkward as well, so respect the track limits as much as you can & if you think you have gained an advantage, please back off or give back a position if required.

Pit Lane ;
    The pit lane entry was very tight in the last Class C event @ RBR, even more so now with the GT300s. Make sure you do not disadvantage anyone

Best of luck to everyone for Sunday night.

Cheers, Bruce

6. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

RE. Tyre wear: I'm no egg spurt but RBR is either stop and go corners or brief high'ish speed ones, with only turns 4 and 5 being any kind of sweeping turns which give load to the tyres to wear them out, so I'm not too surprised at it being a low wear track, but still would have egg spected it to be a bit higher than it is.

SILVERLINE likes this.
  7. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Eggs actly my thoughts , just hope I don't get fried tomorrow as we all scramble for the first corner ;)

Jimantonic likes this.
  8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yep, it'll be like treading on egg shells at turn 1

SILVERLINE likes this.
  9. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Hope I don't get flipped sunny side up !! And that everyone uses there egg noggin and puts oil in before we race !!

10. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good luck lads, hope it's a thriller and doesn't get ruined by lobby probs or careless driving.

Jimantonic likes this.
  11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Even if the lobby is fine it may still get scuppard my end, the lad was up all night with a sickness bug which the Mrs has now got, so I'm on standby whilst trying to race... could be interesting...

12. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Well done to Clay, Jim and Fido in the first race and congratulations to the winner of the Championship ( I'm presuming it's Clay )

Sorry I couldn't hack any more of that track and with 2 laps to go I think ! didn't see the point.

Thanks for hosting an interesting Championship Bruce and to you guys for providing some good battles a racing.

Silver.

13. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats to Clay on the championship, 1 point in it, so close!!
    Just didn't have an answer to Clays pace at RBR, as much as I tried!
    Race 1 I just made too many mistakes, went off at turn 2 at least 4 times if not more and also lost 2 or 3 seconds in the pits too.
    Race 2 was just too much haste and not enough speed! Coupled with having to run off track to avoid Zeb rejoining giving the place to Clay, pretty certain he would have had me eventually any way.
    If anyone knows a hitman or thug could you ask them to give my morals a good hard kicking please, both times when I slowed to give Carl the place back I didn't need to judging by my replay, but hey ho better a bad result than a bad reputation!!

Well done again to back to back champion Clay :))

14. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Congratulations to Clay for the Championship win by 1 point !

Messed up both my races last night. Dont know where my practice pace went. 2 spins early in Race 1, then another one in Race 2, but managed to get up to third only to spin again with the help of a light tap from someone.

Many thanks to everyone for turning up & sticking with this difficult series, it been a nightmare to equal the cars out. Lets just say its 'work in progess' & we may re-visit the GT300s again.

Will post full Championship results later.........

15. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry there I was avoiding the car in front ofme. The car didnt stop on the grass so I ended up on the track.

16. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thx for all the work Bnic =)

bnic11 likes this.
  17. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats on the fine Win Clayton.

Well done to all the guys making a good event out off these GT300. disappointed I didn't get to join in support last night and watch from the viewing lounge, I was looking forward all day to that.

18. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Thanks for your hard work Bruce and to everyone else who helped out with testing. Well done to Clay and Jim for being so fast all series .

Looking forward to a bit of normality with KOTR!

SILVERLINE and bnic11 like this.
  19. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Accidents happen Zeb, like I say I'm sure Clay would have passed me sooner or later anyway.

20. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Cheers lads over the moon I am:) When the series was announced I was stoked to see RBR as the final round, frickin love the place, for some reason I've always had very good pace and luck here.
    In the week lead up I was fairly confident wit the setup early on, had it just how I wanted by Wednesday which allowed me to get a good amount of time in just knocking off laps. come saturday all that was left to do was try get the boyos at NASA to align the stars just so , thanks to the ties ASL have with the Yakusa just the one call was needed ;)

Sunday arived on que, with NASA towing the line and the Yakusa found to have been diluting the competitions fuel all series, it was lining up to be a real thriller.

Quali was good, pushed a wee bit too hard and went off at lap 4/5, so I pitted for fresh rubber and in the dying seconds snached pole from Jim. (I presume It stands as when the time goes 0.00.00 in real life anyone on a flyer gets to finish it)

Race1 went just as planned, leg it for the first few laps as Jim struggled a bit on cold tyres, the pit strategy was up in the air so I followed my usual and poped in 1 lap before half way, came out in 2nd behind Fido who still had to pit and Jim was about 7 secs down the road, So time for NASA to step up to the plate again and align those stars for a nerve recking few laps going for the points for fastest lap. Good race a wee bit lonely but the push for the lap times kept it entertaining.

Race 2, now I was cackin it, with a mountain to climb, so with the hiking gear installed me and Gary set about conquering mount RBR, many thanks to lady luck who made things easier than I deserved with a few well timed(for me) spins/off track excursions by others, cant remember exactly who or where bar when I got past Jim out of turn 2 due to him taking evasive action to avoid someone else oh and I remember Bruce's Lex smoking up it rears as the arse let go. had a harder than expected time getting past Carl for the lead the BRZ has great pull early on out of turns but holy jasus is it lacking top end. I wasnt sure what way the points were so I had to push for the fastest lap nearly lost it twice, so steadied her up n pointed her for home ;)

Couldn't be happier :)

Thanks Bruce for putting up with us all during a difficult but fun series, top man :)

Cheers to everyone for the great racing.

Zebaldus, SILVERLINE and bnic11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.