1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Oct 19, 2014] Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED) (bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC GT300 Championships (Entries now CLOSED)
bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : bnic11
Start: Oct 19, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Oct 19, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

GT300 Final Round - Race Results

Pole = Jimantonic 1.35.403

Race 1
    1. Clay (Fastest Lap)
    2. Jim
    3. Fido
    4. Jamie
    5. bnic11
    6. Silver
    7. Clipper
    8. Zeb
    9. Scenga

Race 2
    1. Clay (Fastest Lap)
    2. Jim
    3. Scenga
    4. Fido
    5. Clipper
    6. Zeb
    7. Bnic11
    8. Jamie
    9. Silver

The Championship results will be posted later.

Fido996 likes this.
  2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I thought Clay snatched pole in the last few seconds? Can't remember the time, but it changed just as I'd sent a congratulatory message to Jim. Talk about bad timing!

3. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

GT300 CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS
    In what has been one of the closest finishes to a championship in GBRC history, Clay has won the Championships by one single point. Congratulation to Clay, and also to Jim & Fido for their podium places.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Special mentions............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Championship Stats....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TFJXSTc5ZmQ1b2UyOENPY3c&usp=drive_web#gid=139

Once again, thankyou to all members for turning up for this series, knowing that sometimes their cars were not competitive as they should have been.

There are two more 3 week championships left this season, LeMans Legends & KOTR, which will be run by Fido & Scenga respectively. Please give them your support.

I will be running some fun Thursday Night Casual events very soon so keep an eye out for these ;

Touring around Sierra
    Lotus Elise Race Car Challenge
    80's Night

Final comment ;
    Will Clay continue his winning streak ?
    Will Jim ever recover from losing by 1 point ?
    Will Fido actually enter his own LeMans Legends event ?
    Will Cokebloke (who is on Holiday) ever send Admin a postcard ?
    Will bnic11 actually run out of questions ?

All will be answered at the GBRC Championships .......LeMans Legends.

SILVERLINE and Fido996 like this.
  4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Yes Clay posted a faster time, but it was after the 15mins quali were up. The quali is based on the time of the room, once 15mins are up, I then start the race from that point.

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Ah, sorry. With you now.

6. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Clay!

Tough cheese Jim. Blaming your adorable family for your lack of bottle is reprehensible imo ;)

@Zebaldus any chance you could share the replay with me?

7. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Thanks Bruce, first trophy I've won for a while!

8. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yep both races?

9. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

A very well done and congratulations Clay and especially in a car that was so difficult to drive and tune for most including myself even though it was the class car above the rest in the right hands and to Jim who drove it without ABS :eek: that's impressive to say the least mate.

Sorry I quit the room but I came off on turn one with one or 2 laps to go in race 2 and if it had been any other track I would have carried on but I just can't stand that track, even in the C Class just couldn't get zoned in, same thing with the RX despite getting 35s in practice I couldn't repeat that in qualy or the race, in race 2 I did do better to start with mixing it up at the front but at turn 2 went wide going off the track then spinning off at turn 1 I had had enough.

Looking forward to KOTR and maybe Le mans although I haven't got a car yet o_O so better get earning some wonga.

I did really enjoy most of these tracks in GT300 especially Daytona, Apricot reverse , TMR, GVR.

Thanks once again for putting this very difficult championship together @bnic11

10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

They're my family and I'll do what I want with them!! ;)
    It was actually one of the least interuppted races I've had for a while now!
    Last week during race 1 she decided it would be a good idea to discuss the houshold bills.. :eek: :mad:
    Looking back there were obviously a lot of circumstances that could have changed the outcome, but everyone can say that, Clay had a few bad results at the start too so he could well have taken the title sooner.

Re: Clay, it's nice when you find a track where you have a good feeling and are able to put it to use and outpace most people, I had a quick look at some of your laps in the replay and you are so smooth there seeing as you are on a pad.

Coke deserves a special mention too, throughout this series he has shown great pace and sportsmanship, I remember when we first started official events and he was always one of the back runners, just shows an old dog can learn new tricks!! ;)

rams1de and Fido996 like this.
  11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I came into this meeting lacking confidence it has to be said. After having a couple of sessions mid week with a few people I was shocked by how far off the pace I seemed to be. I knew that the other makes of car would be more closely matched here as this was where I'd tested them. I hadn't touched the Gary as its one car I couldn't set up, even if my life depended on it! So, to achieve third for qualifying was a huge surprise, especially knowing how well Bruce and Silver we're going around here.

Race one and I had my customary slow start, coming under attack straight away. So, with three abreast going into the first corner and me on the outside, I ended up being forced onto the slippery run off and in second to last place. Head down from then on, trying to make no mistakes. After a while I was up to fourth and chasing Jamie down. To be fair, he did make it a little easier by making the odd mistake here and there. This allowed me to at least get a tow from the car in front and I eventually made the pass. I then stayed out a lap or so longer than most so that I would have a reasonable shot at pitting without being held up and losing time. After everyone had made their stops I was still third and pulling away, but the gap to the front runners was increasing. There was just no answer to their pace.

Second race, and again, another slow getaway. My plan for this race was to take it easy and try to capitalise from other people's mistakes. This worked fairly well. I think the only position I had to 'fight' for was with Carl. Then, with a couple of laps to go, I made my first mistake of the night. I looked up and saw that I was second. How did that happen and when?!? Then I realised that I should be braking for the first corner. I thought I'd got away with it, but the curbing had other ideas. With the left rear wheel spinning up, it gripped the curb stones and threw me over to the opposite side of the track and onto the grass. Gingerly applying the throttle to get back on track, by which time both Jim and Carl were back past. There was no time to get them back. But, overall, still reasonably happy with fourth spot.

Congratulations to Clay on his two great drives and to get himself into this position to challenge and take the championship in the final race. Great stuff.

As a series, for me, I've enjoyed every minute. I had one main goal for this series and that was to be top of my make of car. I was initially surprised that more people didn't go for the RX. But there was a good mix throughout the field. It's thrown up some issues but I think it's worked out fairly well. Some cars have suited a particular track one week, but the next circuit another car would come to the fore. Take the Gary out of the equation ( or restrict it ) and it does make for a very close series. Hats off to those that went with the Gary as well. It scared the wotsits out of me! Also, I'm gutted not to have battled it out with Coke for third. Although, seeing the pace that the Gary had here, I'm not THAT gutted! Still, there's always the next series.....

Finally, a huge thank you to bnic ( Bruce ) for setting up, organising and hosting this series. Love the questions at the end every week by the way, always makes me laugh. I know it's been a huge headache at times. But look at the result. A championship that wasn't decided until the last race and then by a single point! Can't get closer than that!

#811 Fido996, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  12. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Was I ? lol jeez that's probably my worst track, performance, practice on a track this series, in the week I thought I had it sorted ish barring turn 2 where for me was a nightmare, no confidence in taking that corner and if there's doubt it's going to effect your lap, at the tracks where I was best at I had no fear of any part in terms of handling , but with that and the fact I just don't gel with RBR I just had to try and make the best out of a bad race, even the Lexus caught me up and went bye , that in itself says there was something not right, a set up issue maybe ! and I think the fact it was 305bhp and 50kg added may have been a factor and everyone else getting used to there cars setting up etc .

I'm not trying to rake up old arguments and the fact that Clay , Jim & Coke did very well in a car that is so hard to drive and set up that can only be commended but ... there is no doubt with the conclusion of this championship that the gary should have been capped , that was the clearest decision in my mind to help narrow the performance levels overall , if half the grid had chosen a gary and had 1st to 5th or 6th place every race I'm pretty sure it would have been capped as that's the reason why the RX was capped.

This won't be a popular thing to say but.... the fastest drivers won in the fastest cars & the only reason I won at Daytona "race one" is if you look at the replay you'll see Clay exiting the pits but gets held up by clipper coming in cost about 5- 6 seconds which would have been enough to just get in front and even still he still caught me up to the finish line despite my slightly faster speed on the oval section.

I'm not trying to take away how well the guys did in the gary because winning any championship is always going to be difficult but these facts can't be ignored and have to be taken into consideration next time I feel, because otherwise we know what's going to happen and I for one will not participate in the GT300s unless its fairer.

13. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Yes please, mate.

14. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

And with yesterday's race, the GT300 championship comes to a finish. For me, it was a rollercoaster, full of more downs than ups; struggling with a safe-handling, quirky-revving car, and an original setup that I found that was worth flop all against other cars. I'd say my highest point was in fact the last sprint race; despite ruining a perfectly good podium chance, I grit my teeth and drove like a madman, trying my hardest to at least overtake Zeb. The fact that I DID manage to overtake him with only a few laps left to go overshadowed the fact that my attempted overtake on Fido ended in failure, and I was still shaking from the adrenaline rush. Henceforth my playful "That was for Daytona, Zeb", because that 5th place was coated with tasty "sweet revenge" sauce from Daytona's sprint race (when Zeb somehow managed to get enough speed to overtake me right on top of the finish line). One proper race in a sea of mid-pack finishes, that defintely is a high point of my season.

Anywho, I decided to host my own award ceremony, to those who stood out on this championship. And here they are:

The "Valdispert Stress" (Valdispert is a medicine to cure stress, FYI) award, for those who had to bear with the biggest issues goes to: @Niku Driver HC and @carlos77744, the drivers for the Subaru BRZ squad; they had to contend with a car that was the jack of all trades, and master of none. Despite some good perfomances by Carlos, the car never really impressed people during the course of the championship. I guess they should've bought Imprezas...

The "Circuit Wolf" award for the biggest shocker of the championship goes to: Impreza driver @RacingRoman23R for his stunning podium finisher during the Grand Valley round; on Gary and Rex country, one blue Impreza stood his ground against the evil & speedy foes and stunned the establishment. Pretty shocking if I do say so myself...

The "Cloverleaf of Ireland" award for the "unluckiest sod moment" of the championship goes to: Portugal's @Niku Driver HC for his incredibly tough trip to Trial Mountain; hours of practice and several changes of setup for what? A lighting-assisted disconnection for the 1st race, and zero points for a mass case of missing drivers during the 2nd race, which meant that our Tuga friend scored a total tally of... ready for it... ZERO POINTS!!! Talk about a tough Trial (the humor!)...

The "Godzilla vs Gomera" award for the best battle goes to: The all English battle of @cokebloke and @Jimantonic, with a cameo by @Clay.GT1372, during the feature race at Trial Mountain. When Gary met Gary, and with two of GBRC's finest at the helm, the only (and predictable) outcome was a battle for the ages. A skillful encounter, with Irish driver Clay being the third party of a duel that showcased the fine driving skills of Jim "Montego Driver" Janner and Coke "Quite educated and awesome" Bloke. Of course, those should never be in doubt...

The "Twin Buster Rifle" award for the worst paintjob of the season goes to: America's @RacingRoman23R for his amazing (not) RX7 paintjob, and for giving me wishes of taking a rifle shot to the face to forget such a horror. I have one thing to say to you, Mr. Roman; my medical bills can only be payed with a Tomica Limited Vintage diecast. Or the Blu-Ray boxset of "Raijin-oh", one of the two...

And finally...

The "Gundam Unicorn by Sunrise GBRC GT300 championship" for the overall victory goes to: The "Guiness brewery" sponsored ARTA Garaya car, and its driver; Mr. @Clay.GT1372! One great perfomance, one very small point; the Gary war was violent and ravashing, but one man stood tall in the end. Congratulations to Ireland and its fine driver, and congratulations to ARTA for such a great car!

Oh, and one more thing;

The "Bright Noa" award for the best organizer, which goes to: Lexus's @bnic11 of course. Even with a few things that need to be worked for the future, our trusty organizer never backed out of the challenge, tinkering and switching here and there. For his great effort, and for the great championship, let us all raise our glasses to Mr. B-man. Hip Hip Hooray!

That's that. I'll be taking a bit of a pause for now (university, you know the drill), and save my GT6 time for the future Casuals, for more relaxed racing. Thank you all for the good atmosphere, and the good racing. See you all soon, you bunch of British space cowboys... ;)

#814 Niku Driver HC, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    GT_Phill, Clay.GT1372 and Fido996 like this.
  15. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

ok 1st thing after work

16. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

I can't see KOTR listed Bruce !

17. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

rams1de likes this.
  18. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Zebaldus likes this.