1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q1 GBRC KOTR Championship (Entry Closed)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Great racing last night lads, decided to play it safe with the Impreza, but had to work hard at it to keep up with the RX7s.

Race 1 - Managed to get ahead of Silver at the start with the 4wd, but along the final long straight on lap 1 was a sitting duck. Was just about keeping up with Silver losing on the straights, gaining on the twisty bits, until he made a mistake, then after that got a decent gap to the finish.

Race 2 - After a good battle from the back, got up to second behind Carlos, but in an effort to get on his tail for the final long straight, put a wheel on the grass on the corner before that & spun which is the worst place, because you lose so much time. Then second lap, did the same thing again ! Ended up battling with Jamie & Zeb until the finish. Well done to Fido for the win.

Will post Stats & results later.

2. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

KOTR RESULTS ROUND 5 GT300s

Pole - Silverline 8.57.xxx

Race 1
    1. Bnic11
    2. Silverline
    3. ACSR (FL 9.00.487)
    4. Jamie
    5. Fido
    6. Cokebloke (just back from holiday)
    7. Zeb
    8. Uwanq
    9. Vague
    10. Scenga

Race 2

1. Fido (FL 8.56.750)
    2. ACSR
    3. Zeb
    4. Bnic11
    5. Jamie
    6. Scenga
    7. Silverline
    8. Uwanq
    9. Cokebloke (planning next holiday)
    10. Vague

Championships Standings
    http://www.gtarena.com/content.php/774-gt-arena-gbrc-stats

Championship update :
    Bnic11 still leads the championship with 201pts. ACSR now jumps to second with 167pts. The battle for third is hotting up with Fido on 156pts & Jamie 154pts.

Will bnic11 live up to his appalling car control with GT500s & end up in a tree ?
    Will Silverline get his first KOTR win & live up to the pace he has been setting in testing ?
    Will Jamie know what to do with a non-4WD car ?
    Will Cokebloke post his holiday snaps in the GBRC Media section ?

All will be answered in the final round on Sunday with the GT500s..........

#322 bnic11, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Been looking forward to this all week. I knew my car was set up reasonably well and I had the handling and speed combination as best as I could get it without the car becoming too unpredictable.

Qualifying could've gone a lot better. A spin may have cost me pole, a case of pushing too hard. Great lap from Silver by the way for pole. Not your fastest that I've seen this week, but still damn quick!

Race one for me was pretty much in the same vein as qualifying. Too many mistakes cost positions on track. So, on the way down the final straight, I decided to pit at the end of lap one to try and avoid losing any time queueing up to get into my pit area. I went in in eighth place about thirty seconds behind the leader. When I exited, at the first split, I was one minute down but with a clear track. Banzi time! By time everything had settled back into its running order I was upto sixth and the chase was on for Coke. He very kindly obliged by running wide onto the grass and I made up one more spot. And that where I stayed until the finish.

Race two was always going to be more difficult. With two 4WD behind and ac, who is no slouch when it comes to the off and Silver in his exceptionally quick RX-7. So, come the end of the first chicane, I was back to second last again. I was almost resigned to running the same strategy for this race, but people in front were making mistakes and this allowed me to progress nicely through the field. On the last straight I realised how high up I was and so decided to stay out for the extra lap. All I had to do now was catch and pass Carl. I was slowly reeling him in and luckily for me, he made a mistake by running wide on the exit of a corner. This allowed me to pass fairly easily. But I never really shook him until the next lap. All i had to do now was keep it together and not do anything stupid. I had a fairly big cushion to second place and I had to keep telling myself to ease off a couple of times.

And so onto the finale next week. Bruce, for me is uncatchable. Unless he forgets to turn up........ lol. Second place is possible but still a tall order.

Thanks to Bruce once again for organising and hosting, very much appreciated. And congratulations to all the podium winners as well.

Also, a special mention for Zeb for his third place in the second race. Great drive!

Cheers, and thanks for reading.

4. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thx m8, pure luck and thx to all the racers that crashes =)

Live from my phone

5. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Congrats to Bruce and Fido on there well deserved wins.

I should have done far better on this weeks testing form but maybe put too much pressure on myself, the first race was a silly mistake and I had it pretty much all wrapped up , I just caught the left back wheel on the edge of the sand.

Race 2 was just too many mistakes, first one straight after I pitted this tyres were so crap and I was catching back up to the pack in time for the Finnish straight when I went to wide at the top of the hill, again tyres !!

I put a hell of a lot of laps in last week and got the car tuned nicely so overall dissapointed in my performance really.

I may not be home by then mate but if I am I'll be on around 10-11 !

#325 SILVERLINE, May 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  6. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Sorry I missed this chaps, was late back from a family function. Well done Bruce and Fido.

Whats with the pp difference in the GT500? am i missing something

7. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

What's running on a Sunday after KOTR has finished ?

8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Sundays Round 6 KOTR is the final event in the Q1 season.

We normally have a few weeks break (although Cokebloke has already had his, did you know he's been on holiday)

I've got some Casual Races ready for Sundays, & everyone is welcome to join in & run fun Casual events if they like. PM me with any questions on this etc.

Admin will confirm details of the new Q2 Qualifier & Q2 Championship Races once details are finalised.

Cheers Bruce

9. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

good racing last night should have done better i normally do well with consistency but this time i have none managed to get into 1st the second race with the mega fast fido catching i kept thinking he will bin it but after 1 lap the pressure got and i binned it and then again one thing to note the bunch off lads that raced last night was one off the best that i have raced with in gbrc clean and all seem to have the brains to get the moves done in the best manner there was no crazy no one using the grass as the track on another note driving the gt300 made me realise how good they are im itching to have a series in them .

10. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Tried the Lexus, GT-R and Z offline tonight. Just 2 laps of Nordschleife and 1 lap of Nurb 24Hr in the Lexus.

Lexus was easiest to drive and decent times I think - 6:30 on the Ring and 8:05 on Nurb 24Hr. Couldn't get a clean lap in the Z but it was quicker than the Lexus, a red 6:29 with a couple squirrelly offs and hit the barrier on the Karousel.

GT-R got good top speed and seemed fast on high speed corners but took a bit of wrestling to get round the twisty part of the track and only did 6:35.

The two Nissans need a tune and can definitely go faster but not sure how much quicker the Lexus could go, maybe sneak sub 8:00 on warm tyres if I put in a solid lap.

I'll give the other 3 a bash tomorrow and pick two to tune.

11. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Just testing some GT500s so far I've tested the Nissan Z off line no tuning yet apart from gears, default down force 8:06 , with no DF 8:02 and with an in between setting an 8:01

Doing the same with the Toyota Supra and the NSX then tune them up properly and run them again.

I scrapped the NSX just too much like hard work but after tuning the Nissan Z and the Toyota supra I got a 8:00.4xx from both and also the HSV although Fido put in a stonking lap on line 8:04. which I couldn't get near in the supra and I could only just match my off line time in the HSV , on line I got 8:09 so I'm at a loss at the moment !! Not tried the Lexus yet no money left lol

#331 SILVERLINE, May 13, 2014
  12. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Silver, I'd be very surprised if the Lexus is quicker unless you're having a problem controlling the other cars, then it's definitely the easiest to drive.

I binned the NSX after half a lap and wasn't much impressed by the HSV, it had no top end. I seem to remember it being much better in GT5.

Supra is fastest for me so far, but it comes with less downforce than the others which might be a factor and it's the most understeery of the lot which could prove fatal if it can't be tuned out.

13. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

The only problem was the Nissan z I got it OK in the end but it tends to be a bit lively at the back end, I thought the same thing as you with regards to the Toyota supra plus the tyre wear on the front is a bit drastic ! Fido did a 8.04 on line last night in the HSV !!

14. JamienGem

Club GBRC

Am I using the wrong bloody track? I can't do better than 8:25! Any car, on or offline!

15. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Fit racing softs Jamie.

16. JamienGem

Club GBRC

#336 JamienGem, May 14, 2014
  17. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Disappointed after going online with the Supra and Z this morning. Did 7:55 offline in both last night but best I could get online is 8:06.

I was expecting to be a few seconds slower with tyre wear and probably should be a bit closer but the handling of the cars was all over the place. I haven't managed a lap without running off track or having to recover the back end.

The difference between offline and online handling seems huge, don't know if it's always been like that with racing softs, a result of the update or I've just had a bad morning.

18. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

The difference in last weeks cars for me was around 9 secs 8.45 off line and 8.54 on line were my best.

Between the Supra and the Z so far is about 8 secs 8.00.4 off line and 8.08 on line but there's room for some improvement on both yet , so a 7.55 is around the optimal time off line I reckon Rams.

19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

A 7:55 may be pushing it somewhat. I think we'll be lucky to see a sub 8:00. Had a quick go earlier and, once I'd managed to do a lap without going off, got a 8:01.6.

20. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Have never really done a perfect lap (just a few laps with less mistakes than others) so cant compare offline and online times.

Quite happy with the handling of the car I've picked, not the fastest on the straight, but its rear end is pretty much planted compared to others & good turn in as well. Just dipped under 8mins offline so happy with that.

Interesting to see how the update works with the pitstop tyre glitch, as my idea with this KOTR was to make it a bit more tactical, i.e. doing the undercut & pitting lap 1 to avoid traffic etc......we will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.