1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q1 GBRC KOTR Championship (Entry Closed)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

2. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry lads went for a thrash around Wales in the car getting back late with no time to install update which had crashed the game thanks Bruce for the effort looking farward to the next Sundays championship cheers carl

3. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one Zeb, looks like you tried to drift the corner a little early :) Congrats on your podium too, no mean feat in those cars.

4. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Hi Lads, firstly apologies for the mess up at the start of the first race. My PS3 just froze & could not see the room after re-booting. Also the saved room setting & final changes I made to my car were lost as well, so not ideal.

Good nights racing though, in what was a challenging car class. Congratulations to Fido & Clay on their wins.

KOTR FINAL ROUND GT500s - RACE RESULTS

Pole - Fido 8.03.xxx

Race 1
    1. Fido (FL 8.03.313)
    2. Silverline
    3. ACSR
    4. Rams
    5. Bnic
    6. Jim
    7. Clay
    8. Zeb
    9. Jamie
    10. Coke
    11. Vague

Race 2
    1. Clay (FL 8.04.937)
    2. ACSR
    3. Zeb
    4. Coke
    5. Silverline
    6. Fido
    7. Bnic
    8. Rams
    9. Jamie
    10. Vague
    11. Jim

Will post full championship standing & announcements later (when I track down the stats).....errr, errrr.

Fido996 likes this.
  5. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

THX =)

6. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

Great Final round for an even better series, Thanks Bruce and well done for all you hard work and commitment {we'r not worthy smilie}

7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

KOTR FINAL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Final Points Standings (can't find stats sheets at the moment)

1. Bnic11 = 229
    2. ACSR = 211
    3. Fido = 201
    4. Silverline = 177
    5. Jamie = 176
    6. GT1372 = 147
    7. Rams = 133
    8. Coke = 115 (would have finished higher but was on holiday)
    9. Scenga = 105
    10. Zeb = 102
    11. Roman = 107
    12. Vague = 93
    13. EJD = 85
    14. Jim = 71
    15. Uwanq = 38

Many thanks to all that took part & forked out most of their credits on testing cars. It was great to see some of the KOTR first timers improve so much as the championship progressed

This was the last Official Event in the Q1 Season :(, so everyone enjoy a few weeks break with some Casual Racing, while us admins sort out the Q2 Qualifier & Season.

Cheers, Bruce

#367 bnic11, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    PAPPACLART and Fido996 like this.
  8. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nowt worse than seeing the event organiser running off the goodies ;)

Well done Bruce and great show from Fido and ac too.

9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Haha, yeah Rams, a bit embarassing as I'm not all that keen on the KOTR, but all the car testing round there must have helped. Another round & ACSR & Fido would have overhauled me.

10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Another good night of racing, albeit two completely different races for me personally. As we started qualifying I came up with the notion of how to get a quicker lap. I knew Silver was quick, especially on the straights. On the last one he had a 6mph advantage over me. Doesn't sound a lot but it meant I couldn't get close enough to slipstream. So, I hatched a plan for my attempt at pole. Knowing it was roughly eight minutes a lap I set off on the opening lap as fast as I could, trying to burn off fuel as fast as I could. Then I pitted for some fresh rubber and took the next lap real slow ( about ten minutes ) and then went for it with reasonably fresh tyres and considerably less fuel. It got a bit tense after I ran wide at a couple of corners, but it paid off in the end.

Race one was a tad confusing at the start, but once we were under way there was some good racing. Acsr got away and led for the first third until he clipped the grass. This sent him across the track right in front of me. I was hard on the breaks but couldn't avoid contact. In the mean time Silver picked his way through the stricken cars and tried to get away. I slowly started to claw back some time until we hit the main straight where he just kept pulling away. I knew I could catch him up eventually but i couldn't see a way past him. Then, at the Karussell, he provided me with an opportunity by running in slightly hot and going up onto the outer banking. This allowed me through and I managed to put some air between Silver and myself before the long straight so as not to worry about being slipstreamed. Luckily I managed to keep everything pointed in the right direction to take the win.

Second race, however, was totally different. I knew it would be difficult to pass so I would have to rely on other peoples mistakes. One of the biggest was committed by me. Trying to go for a gap between Shay and Rams, after they'd slowed for a coming together earlier, I ended up being caught in the middle and took out Rams. Watching the replay back it looks awful, a real amateur mistake and a bad choice. So, once again, apologies to Rams for ruining your race.

After this there was no chance of getting up the front end of the race, but it was my own fault.

So, congratulations to all the podium finishers and to Zeb once again. Another podium, getting to be a bit of a habit this! And to Bruce on taking the championship.

And finally, a huge thanks to Bruce for putting in so much hard work in organising the different classes. Very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and see you all in Q2!;)

PAPPACLART likes this.
  11. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

I was apprehensive about the Karussell and even after all the testing couldn't find a consistent way around it except for keeping off the black bit of tarmac just on the inside as that's what spins you around but the Toyota wasn't as bad as the Nissan z around there and with that and the fact it was faster on the straights is why I picked the Toyota, I had a go in a HSV in testing but just couldn't get anywhere near the times I was setting in the Z and Toyota, wasn't that it was bad handling or it felt awkward, on the contrary it felt really good and sounded awesome but for what ever reason I couldn't do nothing with it !

Congratulations to AC and Fido for there podium places well done guy :)

I'm quite pleased with my 4th place considering at the start of KOTR think I was down in 10th place having chosen the wrong car and the fact I had never had a proper race around that track, one that I never really enjoyed, mainly through not racing on it because I can't get enough of it now, I would like longer races around there with maybe 2 pit stops needed !! lol

Looking forward to Q2 now :D

PAPPACLART likes this.
  12. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

One thing I noticed in the replays is the Nissan Zs were the only cars that had headlights on, why is that ?

13. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Better ask PD that question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.