1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice

GBRC News Q2 Season Review

Discussion in 'GBRC News' started by bnic11, Nov 24, 2014.

1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

The GBRC Q2 Season has now finished so here's a quick review of how it went......

The Q2 Qualifier
    The Qualifier started way back in June with the Mito time attack around Madrid. The forum came alive with lots of posts, mainly from RacingRoman complaining about the car & the track ! It was Leon (c7mpr) who came out of nowhere to clinch the fastest time.

Official Championships
    Clubman Class C started off the season & once the Mazda MX5 was despatched to the sidelines with the other banned cars, it proved to be very close racing. Clay won his first GBRC Championship in a Fiat 500 Arbarth.
    [​IMG]

Next was the GT300s which was one of the most difficult Championships to run. Due to PD's updates, the cars performances had changed a lot since early testing, so it was a continual battle trying to balance out the cars. Again Clay was in fantastic form & managed to control the fast but wild 'Gary' to another Championship win from Jim & Fido.
    [​IMG]

The third Championship series was run by Fido. His Le mans Legends endurance racing proved very popular. RacingRoman just held onto the Championship after being tied on points with Numbnuts, purely because he had more wins.
    [​IMG]

The final Championship was the ever popular King of the Ring, this time organised by Scenga.
    The 3 week one make car format provided super close racing & again Clay was back on form to win his third Championship of the season.
    [​IMG]

Overall Champion of the GBRC Q2 Season

Its of little surprise that the Overall Champion of the Q2 Season is Clay with 691 points. Many congratulations to Clay for a superb, faultless season.

Clay now has the privilege of using the Race number 1 if he so wishes for the next Q3 Season.

Full Season results below
    1st Clay 691pts
    2nd Jimantonic 502pts
    3rd Fido 488pts
    4th Cokebloke 486pts
    5th Silverline 405pts
    6th Bnic11 388pts
    7th Jamiegem 377pts
    8th RacingRoman 376pts
    9th Scenga 369pts
    10th EJD 316pts
    11th Rams 223pts
    12th Zebaldus 188pts
    13th Carya 184pts
    14th VagueGT 122pts
    15th ACSR 115pts
    16th Clipper 104pts
    17th Numbnuts 75pts
    18th Lieven 52pts
    19th Uwanq 22pts

Other News : Members
    Calvin has now been invited back into the ranks of GBRC. Lets hope he will be able to give his brother some serious competition next season.

Casual Racing
    As is tradition between racing seasons, any member can organise Casual Races, if you have any ideas or feel like helping out, Phill has a long list of themed Races that needs some input from members.

Finally
    After running Championship events without much break from June 2013, plus doing Club graphics, GBRC Statistics & Championship tables, Q2 Qualifier, over-seeing the Race Admin lads, trying to keep the peace between members (and failing), and running the last 4no. Thursday night Casual Races, I'm now going to take a break from GBRC as I'm not getting much out of the club anymore, compared to the work I'm putting in.

I will be back (in the words of some Austrian bodybuilder), could be before Xmas or could be with Project Cars, but please remember that this is a Club Community & this is YOUR club, so all work together to make it the best & cleanest Racing Club out there.

Regards, Bruce

2. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Would have given this a like but can't, because I'm disappointed you are going.

3. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

You deserve the rest Bruce. Thanks for everything you have done!

4. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great end of season post Bruce, fantastic effort on all counts. It's about time you got your pipe slippers and sat in the rocking chair, I hope others can come forward with as much passion.

Big
    [​IMG]

5. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

You've put a lot into the club Bruce, many thanks for your hard work.

6. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

I can see it must have been a hard slog Bruce but dont kid your self we have all appreciated it and when and if you come back the work load needs to be delegated having run the last event i can understand the stress that you may have gone through but with forward planning q3 will improve and you will enjoy it i am sure i think it may become compulsory for any member off more than 1 year to run a event including the pm s etc for me i have enjoyed every race i have had with you your race craft is example to all i will miss chasing that light blue car .

cokebloke likes this.
  7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done for keeping the club afloat through rocky times Bruce, what with diminishing numbers, updates messing with well laid plans and unpleasant situations arising.
    You deserve a break Bruce, but lets hope you find the time to revisit us for some casual racing where you have the chance to take advantage of other peoples efforts with no admin duties looming over you.
    I honestly believe this club would have crumbled and disappeared without your efforts, and for this I thank you Bruce.

Take it easy ;)

RacingRoman23R, Fido996 and cokebloke like this.
  8. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Wow, thanks for everything and it will not be the same without you =( Hopefully you will be back and do your great work again =).

Best wishes and take care.

9. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

well well, this is bad news alright. Read this a few days ago and had the same impression as Rams did. Awesome glossy post with a disturbing small print twist at the end....

Thanks for your endless work to date Bruce, don't know what its going be like without you. I hope your only stepping back from Admin duties but still able to do a bit of racing. You deserve the most to get enjoyment out of it. I can only imagine that trying to do both is intolerable and when I say both I mean nearly all.... The brilliant work you have done here is testament to that. So good in fact it looks as if PD has stolen this sites idea in the latest update. I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Zebaldus and cokebloke like this.
  10. Clay.GT1372

Club ALV

wow! jasus don't know what to say really, shocked is an understatment, I can only add to what the lads have already said and as im not one for stating the obvious, I wont mention the endless monumental effort and dedication. Bruce and I have had our ups and downs for whatever reasons, we've agreed, disagreed, agreed to disagree n so on, the one thing that has always stood true was Bruce's dedication to the integrity of this site and club, always the professional, well mannered, well spoken, a credit to himself and the club. and with more back-bone than most the wasters running our countries. I for one am glad to have been apart of this site with Bruce at the helm, I have only one regret, that is I wish i could have helped more to lighten the load but alas real life's a bitch, I do hope all his good work is maintained as it deserves to be.

Cheers for everything Bruce, n dont be a stranger. come back for many many races.

GT_Phill and cokebloke like this.