1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q4 GBRC GT 86 Evolution Series

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Had a mare on the first stint no grip and new wheel and no practice due to sorting the room out once i got going managed to get some lo 13 teens in interesting race as you didnt know where you where going to finish
    Thanks to bruce top job really enjoyed the racing in this one .

2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Last nights race was a real roller coaster for me. Starting with qualifying and going out on the wrong tyres and really should've ended up last. As the race started I made up a couple of places due to the melee at the first corner but then slowly drifted backwards. I'd already planned to pit at the end of lap five for sports softs but, as usual, I changed my mind. On with the race softs and a full tank and on with the chase. The only disheartening part was when I reached the first split and saw that I was 1:47 down on the leader!
    Seven laps later, back to the pits for the final stint. I'd already worked out that it was roughly two laps per quarter tank, so no time was wasted with over filling the tank. Then it was on for the four lap sprint to the finish. Roman was closing down fast but I think my pit crew had one more trick in store for him after Motegi! Aah, payback! lol. Without a doubt, had Roman not been disconnected he would've taken second. Gutted for you bud.
    Last lap I was closing down on Phill but out drove myself and lost a little time on the chase. So after an hours worth of racing Phill took a thoroughly deserved victory.

This was a great way to end a hard fought series. Can't believe how close the middle of the table is. There has been some great battles along the way and its been a huge learning curve. Getting used to the car in its various guises and trying to compete with some really quick drivers throughout this series has made this really enjoyable for me. When I'm able to test the car its usually on my own so I never really have anything to compare my performance to, so its usually quite a shock come race day.

Thanks goes to Bnic ( Bruce ) for a great series, such a great format. Worked really well, almost a driving career compressed into a few weeks. Also, thank for the kind words above. Very much appreciated. And congratulations to Roman on becoming the series champion. Some great drives and incredibly consistent as well.

Its been a pleasure racing with you all during this series and hope to continue to do so well into GT6.

Thanks for letting me take part.

3. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Cheers everyone. I wanted to win one official GBRC event so bad when I first joined. Now I finally accomplished my goal and just before we say goodbye to GT5. Jim youre not the only one as well. After my first stop I brimmed my tank knowing roughly 5-6 laps consumes half a tank so I brimmed it to have a really short stop at the end. Started on sports and went w a fresh set of sports but they felt like sport hards for some reason. I was all over the place couldn't maintain grip at all. Then race softs and hunt and destroy time! though down the 2nd straight it was me shay and nigel. saw a gap on the right of shay went and then that's where things started getting funny. The game glitched w shay suddenly in the grass which at the time I went for the grass just to ride the wall and coast back on but wound up doing a 740 degree spin at 150mph surprisingly only hit the wall once. regroup myself picked off shay coke I had no idea where we went guess he pitted again. as I was closing at fido and phil at a rate of 2-3 a sector.....disconnect! bugger! But thank you guys It wasn't easy by any means but Ill see everyone soon!

4. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I did the same Steve run qualifier on Sport Soft ended up in 9th place with you in 8th at the back, oh joy, made up a few off the start and seen you tag on and follow me.

Then I got stuck behind Roman Shay and Paul Racing soft tyres going to waste I thought, so now I had to pull out all the stops on the middle stick and stay in the 4'19 ish on SS to give that chance of pitting and staying in first place on the last stint, call it game plan or race craft what you we, maybe something we can all work on in driver club.

Roman was closing in the last stint with Steve and Carl most of which was due to me having to drop my lap times by 2 seconds a lap with the fear of running out of fuel, note to self if you think of putting in10lts extra do it.

Was a great race, watching the replay back there was some great driving too, I think this type of race is right up the street for Paul and Nigel they were well in the grove with some fantastic driving too. Shay was like a man possessed nothing was going to slow him down, Steve was like stuck in a time warp in the middle of the pack, nothing in front or behind him for ages. And Jim I don't know what you were doing, you were on another planet, there was yourself Nigel can't remember if it was Bruce yeah think it was, Mulassna straight both mugged Bruce, one, one side one the other, then at the chicane just went straight on, different mate

A little snippet. Bruce got mugged and Jim made up his own track.

[video=youtube_share;37eobA-6rjg]http://youtu.be/37eobA-6rjg[/video]

Stick around for Nigel and Paul battle, gets better as the battle goes on, apart from the woops into the pits.

#184 GT_Phill, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  5. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

You may disqualfie me because I missed driving on racing soft.
    I thought I was doing it from the start but I was wrong.

6. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I don't think there is any need for that Paul, you were at a disadvantage if that's the case, I thought you drove a fantastic race, take my :yo: off to you sir.

7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Interesting pit entry for Nigel!!
    Forgot about my little detour! It was the first time I had to brake from a decent tow so had no idea where to start!!

8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

No need to do that Zeb, you were at a disadvantage by not using them so no problem there.

9. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but Nigel has done the last three races without any rear aero.

Hats off to ya mate, nicely done!:rockon:

10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Youtube links should be done now if anyone fancies a look.

11. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I contemplated on not running rear aero on the last two. probably should of since I was running 5 downforce (the lowest allowed) but I just followed the rules. I was the only one as well in the stock races to not change rims :p. Btw Zeb saw you go through the safety zone when you missed the braking point for the turn...good call!

#191 RacingRoman23R, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Thanks Jim, that explains a lot to me !....bit strange seeing Vague & Zeb in the clips but not knowing if they were around me in the race !

13. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

=) thx mate, think I also were foold by the strange wheels.

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great series really enjoyed last night, could have finished higher I think but had to come in for an extra stop for fuel.

Fido mentioned me not using rear spoiler, I ran this way to to cut down on understeer and help with top speed.
    Sorry if it was not allowed if so it was a genuine oversight of the rules as I would not have done this otherwise. If it was incorrect then please deduct points as necessary.

15. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry pressed the post button to quick.

Well done to Roman for the overall win and of coarse to bnic and Jim all consistent drivers and well deserved.
    Had to say felt for Jim running out of fuel and Bruce for getting kicked so frustrating for you Bruce so close to the finish.

I totally agree Fido is certainly a fast driver and will be a one to watch well done Stephan

16. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

No problem without the spoiler Coke, there was no restrictions for the last two rounds, so you could run with whatever aero you want. You had a good race last night, I couldn't keep up with your pace in the first half of the race.

17. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for letting me know bnic and for the comment. I was concerned I had "broken the rules".

Well done again on your results, good result.

18. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry, wasn't "finger pointing". It's just that I think most people would use aero to give them an advantage. After all, when its added the PP goes up, so its assumed that it must be better to have it than not. Me included. I haven't got the nerve to run without it, reactions aren't what they used to be!

19. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Tell me about it Steve, I get left out of most corners to the point I think there is something wrong with my car or setup, but has its benefits mine are that slow that I catch up going into the next corner, lol

Was a good event Bruce, and your right on Nigel's pace. Paul too I thought, and lap 1,2,3 with yourself, Jim and Nigel was great to watch on the replay. For those that don't have it I'll try to string together some best bit.

20. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

No probs at all Steve I didn't take it as finger pointing. I was concerned I had got it wrong and if I had I would want someone to point it out as rules are rules:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.