1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q4 GBRC GT500 Honda Series

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by c7mpr, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Leon, what track is next please as I can't seem to see it but that could be me.

2. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Road course Montegi Nigel

Good racing at Fuji well done Leon although there was only 6 of us on track it was good fun and great company, finding a way round this not seeing one another was a bonus too.

Phillip.

3. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Apologies for missing gents, had to work night last week

4. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Disgusting Shay;)

5. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

6. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi Leon as we all know there was various problems with members not seeing each other etc in last weeks race and other events in recant times.

Phill and I have been trying differant settings and testing on line and have hit on the idea the problem might be down to who is hosting the room due to possibly a mix of servers/local phone exchanges etc not the persons own speed results.

Our thoughts are if its all right with you is this coming Thursday night if I open the lobby early to host the room and then each week we ask other members to do the same so we try and get a pattern to this and see if it is better for certain members to host.

Obviously you will still be in full control of the event but we are just trying to make it easier for every one racing.

Hopefully members don't mind trying this, what are you thoughts please.

7. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

no problem with that Nigel, I normally aim for lobby open at 7:30 at latest for an 8:00 start.

8. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sign-ups and OP updated with regulations / tyres, Lap count etc.

9. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Out for dinner tomorrow so I'll not be racing.

10. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Most probably wont make it back from work in time to race tomorrow, sorry.

11. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

no worries Shay / Phill.

I suppose it must make a nice change from meals being delivered to you Phill ! :whistle:

12. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

Too bad you're both no-showing, Shay & Phill, but it is real life things getting in the way, so no problem. :yo: Also, did someone test in Motegi already? I'm curious about the lap times and thing.

13. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

1'49 ish if I remember right

1'50s steady but don't hold me to that.

14. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just about to look at what car to use now. But from the quick go we had a couple of weeks ago, 1:49s sound about right.

15. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

First of all, apologies to HCclipper for the move in the first race. I thought there was enough room to get through. There didn't appear to be any contact and I didn't feel any during the race but after watching the replays back, you ran wide onto the grass. I know contact isn't always shown on the replays but if there was then I'm truly sorry. Any demotion/ penalty from race admin is totally understood.

Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed last nights racing. The first race was probably a bit of a gift as there were others on different tyre strategies. And had the race been a few laps longer the oucome would've been totally different. My tyres were two thirds to three quarters worn by the end and getting slippery.
    Second race showed just how different the outcome could've been in the first if we'd all been on the same boots. Carlos and Clipper got great starts and it was a chase from there until the end. Slight mistakes meant at least two laps to put you back into a position to challenge again but I felt I had the speed. Managed to eventually get past Clipper at the end of lap eleven and started to chase Carlos when perhaps I should've just settled and consolidated second spot.

Overall though, well chuffed with the nights results. A pole, a first (possibly!), a third and two fastest laps. It's taking me a lot of time, but I'm getting there!

Once again, thanks for letting me take part.

On a side note, has anyone noticed any discrepancies between lap times when other people join a lobby? Times just seemed slower compared with my practice times from Wednesday when I was in an online lobby by myself. Does the game 'slow down' when there's other people on a lobby?

#35 Fido996, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  16. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

Fido, no need for worries, I also believe that there was no contact when you passed, you had the right line and pace, and I tried not to obstruct your move in a wrong way. Besides, it's not like I had the pace to win anything at all with my retarded tire strategy, I deserve a smack on the head for that one. :frusty: After that horrendous race though, came the sunshine, as the 2nd race was much better. The start was perfect, and only a slight mistake cost me the victory against Carl. Fido's pace was on point (you were on fire, man), and he even passed me, but then he got unlucky oversteer at the 1st corner exit, which was bad. Since Carl was too far to catch up, I nursed the car to the finish line, and got a very good 2nd place. If it wasn't for my tire move, I could've had two podiums... As for the lap times, Fido, I'd guess it is because certain cars have different behaviours when they're in a online room (IIRC). Either that or your car was losing power and that was affecting your lap times. I could be wrong though, don't mind correcting me.

17. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good fun last night, Well done to Fido and Carl on their wins and Fido for top pace taking pole + both fastest laps (though I had at least one of them in the bag before checking the replay)

Results updated, standings are:-

FORUM NAME Cars Used Total points

c7mpr E R 95
    Fido996 A R 86
    Cokebloke A T 73
    Scenga74477 R E 72
    Hclipper T E 56
    phillip E 37
    lieven W 15

The letters between your name and current championship points represent the cars run to date in the series.

18. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

You seem to be making a habit of this winning malarkey Fido!! Well done.

19. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Cheers, it's only at this circuit though lol

20. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice one fido good pace you seem to becoming a regular about time you posted in the about you section good pace a very tricky car to jump in and race and we all seem to be getting a bit off the action .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.