1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q4 GBRC GT500 Honda Series

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by c7mpr, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Its not just this track Fido you are getting quicker all the time, keep it up mate.

2. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Apologies gents, Ill be missing another week :(

3. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

sorry its so late fellas but, laps tonight will be 27 & 18, only just got in. lobby open for 7:30. catch you in a while.

4. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

What a turn around from last week. Two last positions! Very disappointed with my efforts last night. I knew I was fairly quick, but I knew that I'd be up against it if any HSVs showed up. I was chuffed with second in qualifying, at one point only three tenths off pole but then Leon put in an incredible time to take it further away.

As for the races, both were the same for me. Both fairly decent starts but three or four corners in it all went pear shaped! I was able to catch up with Carlos but kept making rookie mistakes and lost time. Guess more practice at Laguna is called for!

Congratulations to Leon and Clipper for their victories and I'm hoping to give you all a bit more of a challenge next week.

5. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Should be able to make this week, bonus as it's at Spa - one of my favourite tracks in the game, not that I'll be competitive but at least they'll be some nice scenery to look at!

6. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Unfortunately gents im likely to miss it again, sorry.

7. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Will be nice to see you Jim, sorry you are going to miss Shay, maybe next time.

Laps tonight at Spa will be 19 and 11 respectively for race 1 & 2

8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just wondering if there is any of the cars in particular you would like me to run, I have no preference if you want me to run one to even up the field.

9. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Free choice Jim, though the Dlc car is quick (and you are entitled to run it) there is little to choose between the cars though the nsx's have a slight top end advantage they pay for it in the twisties.

lobby open at 7:30.

10. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great fun tonight, well done to Leon for the win and to Fido for keeping the pressure on in race 2.
    Unlucky to those who span, especially Nigel with his 'technical difficulties'!!

11. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really enjoyed last nights racing again with some OK to fair personal results. A bad start and a spin early on in the first race meant another chase. Had to time all my overtakes for the main straight with the HSV as it seemed to be asthmatic down the long drags. After that, provided no mistakes were made, I was able to pull away through the twisty bits. I knew that pitting was a possibility and had I have been nearer the sharp end then I probably would've pitted too, but I went for the gamble. It kind of paid off as I made one place for the podium finish. Just!

Second race was an even worse start, considering I'd already done a few practice starts before hand. This put me as tail end charlie again. But coming down the main straight I caught a great tow and went for the move. As we were three abreast coming into the corner, I was understandably squeezed onto the grass. Don't know why, but I just decided to release the brakes and floor it! This got me out of everyones way and at the back again. So, I just put the times in after that and started to pick off cars one at a time. This was also helped in part by a few "moments" from other people. It was all I could do to get close to Jim, as his car just pulled away from me on the straights even if I had the tow!

Bit of work needed for next week with my starts so I don't lose too many places to begin with. But a thoroughly enjoyable night once again with congratulations to Leon and Jim on their victories.

Thanks once again for letting me take part.

12. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

Last night was not my best one, but I guess it could be worse. The feature race was all over the place, and sadly I was not in the right one, because I thought I could go the whole race on one set of tires (stupid, I know). So, my tires were dead and shot at the end of the race, giving me a last place. Not a brilliant finish, so the 4th place in the sprint race tasted a bit better, even with my mistake near the Bus Stop corner. I managed to keep up with Carlos and Leon for most of the part, and when Carlos spun out, I had a legit chance of taking the 3rd place from Leon, but I overshot the corner before the Bus Stop and ended with me spinning out of control, but at least I managed to defend my 4th place from coke. Not my best day in this series, I have a lot of training to do for the Nurb...

13. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Might be able to get on again tomorrow if I can get the little un to bed in time.

14. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

You'll be having to change that statement to, little uns soon Jim.

Congrats on the great news last night and the new bundle of joy to the family, :clap2: please pass on our best wishes to the good lady.

15. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Finally, see you tonight gents.

16. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

I'm not sure if I can make it tonight, chaps, have things to do, and I might only appear after the quali session if everything goes to plan. Is it ok if I miss the quali and then enter the race anyway?

17. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks Phillip.

As for tonight I have managed to get my parents to come round to watch the biggest little un whilst I go back in and see the little little un and the boss, kick out time is 9pm so I wont be home till around half nine, if the second race has yet to start by then I'll jump in if thats ok, if not I'll be waiting to see if anyone is sticking round afterwards.

18. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hope to see you again this week Jim and Shay looks to be heading in too.

Championship stats updated

[TABLE]
    <tbody>[TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]c7mpr[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #3c78d8, align: center"]E[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #351c75, align: center"]R[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #999999, align: center"]W[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #ff9900, align: center"]A[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #38761d, align: center"]T[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]192[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Fido996[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]161[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Cokebloke[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]147[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Scenga74477[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]137[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Hclipper[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]111[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Jimantonic[/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: center"][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]53[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]phillip[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]37[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]lieven[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

Laps tonight will be 24 race 1 + 13 laps race 2

PS. Fido, if you make it before the start of either race you will be able to run, race 1 will be underway at 8:30 UK time.

PPS. Congrats Jim.

#58 c7mpr, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  19. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Championship standings updated with last nights results

<STYLE type=text/css><!-- br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;} --></STYLE>[TABLE]
    <COLGROUP><COL width=102><COL width=9><COL width=21><COL width=21><COL width=21><COL width=21><COL width=21><COL width=9><COL width=55></COLGROUP><TBODY>[TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]c7mpr[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]236[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]Scenga74477[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]193[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]Fido996[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]190[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]Cokebloke[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]188[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]Hclipper[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]141[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]phillip[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]68[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]Jimantonic[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]53[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]lieven[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: left"]VagueGT[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]13[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </TBODY>[/TABLE]

A great night of racing again (once we sorted out the network issues with some drivers not being able to see others again). Carl had saved the HSV for this track and that proved a good combination for him claiming both wins and holding pole for most of qualifying only for me to steal that in the last few minutes to, as it turns out, stop him taking a clean sweep of max points for the night.

This has livened things up in the chase for the series trophies with Carl now second and Steve and Nigel only 3 and 5 points behind him respectively. Looks like it's my championship as long as I attend next week with 43 points clear of second and one round left to race.

Had a mixed bag last night in race terms being pipped to the win by less than half a second with a last corner overtake to drop to 2nd place having lead from lap 2. In race 1 I had a comfortable lead of 8 seconds at lap 12 and decided to pit for tyres, screwed the pit entry up and ended on the grass nose against the barrier, quick move to get the car out and Carl (now in second) is in the pits on my tail - lead wasted. I suspect even if that and 3 other driver 'lapses' (read as not on the blacktop with no other cars involved) of concentration Carl would have grabbed the place anyway as once he had passed Nigel he was clearly on a mission as his lap times show.

Roll on next week....

20. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

I should've stayed in the second race and not quit in disgust at my incredibly poor performance last night. After a brief test of all cars at the beginning of this series I knew this would be my least favourite car. Just 'feels' different to the other NSX's. I had decent pace with it when I could keep it on the track but this thing just seemed to want to bite back. The first race I was catching Coke like a steam train. I arrived at the bottom hairpin right behind his car, braked a little earlier to allow for the tow and promptly ran straight into the kitty litter! This coupled with me spinning at the chicane on lap eight and ending up taking an early pit stop wrote any decent result off for this race.

Second race I fluffed the start as usual. This put at the back again battling with Carlos. Out of the last chicane he drew along side into the last corner where my car decided to lurch to the left after a slight coming together. It was only slight as well and the car became momentarily uncontrollable. Usually if theres contact like this you just bump door handles and carry on. I just don't understand this game sometimes. After that I was pushing too hard to get back up to the rest of the field and kept making mistakes. I had to quit otherwise my poor wheel would've been scrap!

Enough about my woes, congratulations to Carlos on the double win. Great drives! And to Leon for an absolutely stonking time for pole (although I think there may have been a touch of pay back in the second race at the last corner from Carlos lol. Was great viewing those last couple of laps.)

Thanks for letting me take part and see you all for next weeks Weider HSV benefit meeting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.