1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q4 GBRC GT500 Honda Series

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by c7mpr, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

What a weird round, this last one. I had a decent gameplan, and some training done, and still, the best I got were two second-to-last finishes. In the feature race, the start was good, I managed to keep it clean, avoiding any rough contact, and I stayed behind Fido for a few laps. Then, everyone just sort of faded away, my pace was nowhere near anyone else, beacause the car lost too much hp to keep up with the rest of the pack. Even after my pistop (which was good for a change), I still could not catch anyone, and so I nursed the car to the finish. The car was fighting fit for the sprint race, and I held the top stop for a while, but eventually the top dogs (Leon, Carlos and coke) flyed past me, until they were all specs on the map and none on the track. With Fido "ragequitting" and Phill to far behind to catch up, I ended up on the same spot as last race. I guess this NSX biz is not fit for me after all, but hopefully I'll be reaquainted with that silver beast known as the HSV, the one car that gave me my only victory on this championship, and deliver a better race next time.

2. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

Double-post, eh? Pardon me, just asking how are the testing sessions are going for the next race. So far, I've been getting good times with the HSV, the new tune is working like a dream. My best time so far was posted today, a 1.48.476, not bad eh?

3. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Going to be testing now for a while. Haven't even looked at what car to use yet.

4. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Good time Clipper keep up the hard work.

Not bad times in Default mode too.

Note to self must run car in

#64 GT_Phill, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. Niku Driver HC

Club GBRC

Thanks for the feedback Phill, respect. Although I haven't tested online yet, the tune is online ready, so it might work well on the races for once, unlike those bloody NSXs. Must remember to change the oil when the race comes up though, the car is already losing a bit of power.

6. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Late post as usual fellas. :embarassed:

Lap counts tonight will be 22 and 11 laps.

Will have lobby up from about 7:15. Hopefully we don't have any connection issues but it really wouldn't surprise me if we did again. If those of you who have had problems recently can try to get in early we can try and get everything resolved (ie lobby jumping) prior to quali start at 8pm

Catch you all later.

7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just got the go ahead from SWMBO to take part tonight, but I may have to abandon ship at a moments notice. Are the majority running the HSV? Best get mine run in as much as poss before kick off!!

8. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

I think so Jim, but leon did say its free choice still last week.

Mine only has 122 miles on it too, plus default setup just changed power weight to meet regs, can't be tuning this and the 86, would drive me mad.

9. c7mpr

Club GBRC Senior Member

Championship Standings Updated with the results for the final round last week.

[TABLE]
    <colgroup><col style="width: 102px"><col width="9"><col width="55"></colgroup><tbody>[TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: center"]FORUM NAME[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"][/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #d9d9d9, align: center"]Total points[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]c7mpr[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]276[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Fido996[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]237[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Scenga74477[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]232[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Cokebloke[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]220[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Hclipper[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]170[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]phillip[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]99[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]Jimantonic[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]92[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]lieven[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="bgcolor: #D9D9D9"]VagueGT[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]13[/TD]
    [/TR]
    </tbody>[/TABLE]

Well done to Jim on the win in race 1 and Carl in race 2 and fastest laps to Steve & me (surprisingly).

I will shake hands with the presentation party and gladly accept the Gold as I am sure will Steve (Silver),who has shown great pace towards the end of the series and is a pleasure to race against, with sound racecraft and top 'manners, and Carl (Bronze) who overtook Nigel in the closing rounds of the series.

I am planning something to follow in a few weeks on Thursday nights so keep your eyes on the forum.

10. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words and congratulations on the series win Leon. It was a great series with plenty of tight tussles each week. It was surprising how much difference there was between all the NSX's. But the HSV is in a class of its own, a car that really inspires confidence to perhaps try things you wouldn't normally try whilst racing.

Looking forward to the next Thursday night instalment.

Thanks for letting me take part.

11. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Leon, well done Fido and Carl too.
    Like I already said, wish I could have made more of the races, but enjoyed the ones I did make, eell done on organising yet another great series Leon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.