1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q4 GBRC KOTR Championship

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Derek, as you don't have the '11 Cooper S, i've done a bit testing with the '07 & '05 versions.
    (remember this is on the 10th Nov, not tonight)

The '07 version can make the same bhp with an oil change & run in, but is 1210kg ('11 is 1140kg)
    The '05 version is better at 1180kg, but 170bhp with oil change, so will need a very good run in to make 177bhp for the lounge, BUT has a supercharged engine + shorter gearing which will possibly make up for this.

Tried the '05 version & the '11 version (both limited to 170bhp) & found the '05 slightly quicker.

As a special dispensation, just for you, why not use the '05 version ?.....if we find it's too quick & wins by miles, then maybe have to lose your points, but the main thing is taking part in the last Official event before GT6 :smile:

2. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Club together to buy Derek the DLC?

3. Uwanq

Club GBRC Senior Member

Doh, you see what happens when you skim read 5 mins before going to work? Right back to the drawing board and cheers for the allowance I don't see much point in buying dlc when I don't play much and gt6 is being shipped shortly....

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Only.just got round to.reading this, although my spot is only a wildcard I won't be making it, so feel free to take my place Nathan if it's available (and not too late!!)

5. oldnail

Club GBRC

Great racing tonight, would really appreciate it if someone could send me a replay of the first race (if it's possible) would be way beyond my ICT skills. Super pace in the second race Vague you were flying until you went off.

6. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

First off I want to apologize for my less than par driving. Part of it was due to a dodgy Internet which I tried to leave room on people but doesn't count as an excuse. I'm accountable for my actions in the end. I don't mean to block people in certain instances but the car caught me off and me using the whole track to catch it w a crowd isn't acceptable when I could of just coasted to the side and let u guys pass. Well done to nuts and nail for the wins.

(just a heads up just watch my car on the 2nd race 2nd lap before the 2nd straight. It looked like Carlos spun off w fido going off. I cream Carlos and then him and fido glitches back to normal and huff got by. I thought I was going to get disconnected at that point 0_-)? Hope the Internet is better for the finale!

7. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Well done to Nuts & Nail for their wins in what was a very tricky car.

Had a quick look at the replays & I must apologise to Carl -

Race 1 lap 1 when you went off at the end of the lap & your car was on the edge of the track. I think Vague just missed you but I clipped the front of your car. What I thought was (& felt like) a glancing blow....I saw on the replay, actually spun you round the other way. If I had known that I would have stopped & waited. Sorry for messing up your race.

On a better note, good race with Coke & Fido (race 1)

Will post results & Championship standings tomorrow.

#148 bnic11, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  8. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

No worries bruce gutted that i hit you nice one old nail and nuts and shay for second

9. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

KOTR Round 4 Results

Pole : Numbnuts 8.57.837

Race 1
    1. Numbnuts
    2. Oldnail
    3. Roman (FL 8.57.804)
    4. Huff
    5. Bnic11
    6. Fido
    7. Cokebloke
    8. Scenga
    9. Vague
    10. Uwanq

Race 2
    1. Oldnail FL 9.02.189
    2. Vague
    3. Huff
    4. Scenga
    5. Cokebloke
    6. Fido
    7. Roman
    8. Bnic11
    9. Numbnuts
    10. Uwanq

Championship Stats ;
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjjRSkX9h8cBdE9ZY2pqdlhpYjRmOWVPM2IzQUQ0Z0E#gid=117

Roman has now taken the lead in the Championships with 155pts, just 2pts clear of Oldnail 153pts. With his win & pole this round, Numbnuts has crept up to 3rd place with 128pts, followed by Carlos 123pts & MaddMaxx 122pts.

It's going to be really close for the Championship in the final round next Sunday with the Minis.

Cheers Bruce

#150 bnic11, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  10. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Bruce who got fast lap in race 2 (im guessing Nail or Vague)

I'll be honest most likely won't win this championship. Kind of feel like I just backed into it anyways considering nail missed a full weekend and is only 2pts behind at this point. But if I beat nemesis (yeah you numbnuts :pray:) then ill be happy overall with this series

11. oldnail

Club GBRC

Wow, super close! Excellent lap times Nuts and Roman, was nowhere near that. Minis should be good fun for the final event!

12. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Results updated with Race 2 fastest lap.

13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

thanks nail but my fastest lap was with your and nuts toe (my qualy lap was a 8:59.5 if I remember). none the less I paid the price with the tires going off on the last lap in both races

14. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Thanks nail, if that were the case then I wasn't properly in control at any stage so does it count? :)

Had quite a bit of focus last night which is unusual for me, I hadn't done any practice so maybe that's the key. Can't quite remember what happened in first race, apart from me pulling out of it :( Second, was a little sick inside when Derek went off. We were getting a bit of a lead when it happened, genuine disappointment for you mate. Then I just went for it, took the gloves off so to speak. Normally I don't have the consistency to do this (still didn't last night as felt out of control for most of it) but managed to make it stick for a few mins, then as per usual lost my concentration made a few mistakes then off :( I was thinking the whole time I won't win this cause with Nail, Roman and Nuts racing, one of them is bound to get through the pack and hunt me down. Which of course happened, but the best I could have done after the straight nail would have been to try and keep your toe. That car is immense, it felt almost perfect. I was properly taking the piss with the accelerator sometimes, my tune is borrowed off the internet so if anybody wants it? I found it almost impossible to unstick the back end...

15. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Apologies lads, but I won't be able to make tonights final round. Family member in hospital, so running back & forth everyday.

If someone could post results / pole / fastest laps, I'll update the points & sort out the final Championship positions.

Have a good race !

16. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hope everything is OK Bruce.

17. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

No worries Bruce ill save and post the results

18. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Sorry to hear that Bruce, I know how that is hope everything comes out right, and thoughts are with your family.

Regards Phillip.

19. oldnail

Club GBRC

Sorry to hear that Bruce, hope everything is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.