1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event Q4 GBRC KOTR Championship

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by Tommyzoom99, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hope everything gets well bruce....

Here's my inner pep talk today.

"Good luck today roman! With oldnail winning everyother race and two points in your pocket you've had it you silly american. Nurburgring is no place for you go back to daytona" :p

2. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Hope everything gets well bruce....

Here's my inner pep talk today.

"Good luck today roman! With oldnail winning everyother race and two points in your pocket you've had it you silly american. Nurburgring is no place for you go back to daytona" :p

3. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Just read your message Bruce and I hope everything works out OK it's never nice that sort of thing.

4. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Nail NNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

Great racing again tonight, just wish I could've enjoyed it more. The pain, which has now moved to my hip joint, got worse during the first race. Probably due to me being tense and trying to catch up. And in all honesty, I probably shouldn't have started the first race, so apologies to Uwanq for the t-bone. It was completely unintentional. The pain became unbearable and i had to straighten my leg.

As a result of this tonight, I shall be bowing out until its sorted.

Sorry if I ruined anyones race tonight and hope to catch you all soon.

Cheers. Steve.

6. Zolon32

Club GBRC

Get well soon fella. Do what the doc/physio says and get yerself back on track as soon as you're comfortable. GT6 is going to be a real blast, and there are going to be even more comrades once it's out, I'm sure.

Good luck, Zo.

7. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Ok guys here are the results of the last ever official race

Round 5
    Pole - Old Nail 10:48.3XX

Race 1

1. Madmaxx (Fastest lap 10:45.120)
    2. Racingroman
    3. vagueGT
    4. scenga
    5. uwanq
    6. cokebloke
    7. fido
    8. numbnuts
    9. huff
    10. oldnail - disconnected

Race 2
    1. Madmaxx (FL10:45.436)
    2. oldnail
    3. VagueGT
    4. Racingroman
      [*]scenga
      [*]numbnuts
    5. cokebloke
    6. uwanq
    7. huff
    8. fido - DNF

*unofficial as I watched the second race replay and did not realize nigel was next to me trying to make a move on the last chicane and I did knock him off track. I'm going to have raceadmin review it and see if I should be placed behind coke on that instance

Championship

As it stands right now barring any position changes
    1. RacingRoman 193pts
    2. Oldnail 188
    3. madmaxx 178
    4. Tie Nuts and Scenga 154
    5. Vague 150
    6. Huff 125
    7. uwanq 120
    8. Tie Coke and Fido 117
    9. Bnic 110
    10. Zolon 15
    11. Jim 13

thanks guys. wasn't easy championship by any means but like I told everyone (nail you were still disconnected) "Oldnail was/is KOTR hands down. (The fact that he won more races, missed a whole weekend and was still only 2pts behind me.) I just jenson buttoned my way to the top of this championship."

#167 RacingRoman23R, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  8. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

9. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Roman, Nail, Maxx on your overall podiums.

Well done the field on your finishing places, outstanding support for the event as GT5 is loosing its sparkle, in the wake of GT6 coming out.

Edit I see nail missed a week and a DC and still managed to amass 188 points fantastic job.

#169 GT_Phill, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  10. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

Really missed this one =( but my son is now in his own apartment with his girlfriend and I have worked as a carpenter and a furniturebuilder =) So tired but I see the light at the end.
    See you soon and welcome to all the new members, looking forward to loose against you all =D

11. GT_Phill

Club GBRC Senior Member

The sacrifices we have to make hey Paul.

Don't know about the loosing to all mate in my book your a winner every time, you turn up race after race, you never run your race win at all costs, your a gentleman on track that alone makes you a winner.

Must be the adrenalin fix that keeps you going, top man. :yo:

12. oldnail

Club GBRC

Well done on the championship Roman, was well deserved, not your fault that I couldn't take part in one of the events.

Must say I thoroughly enjoyed all the races which were very competitive, thanks for sorting it all Bruce.

Completely gutted about getting DC'd from race 1 last night, was having a ding dong battle with MaddMaxx and Roman up until half way round lap 3 I think? And then next thing, 'beep' and I am looking at a black screen (cue lots of frustrated expletives!, good job my kids were asleep!).

Super race 2 made up for it, didn't know the protocol for the start. I got plonked on pole because of the DC so let everyone past and then managed to work through the field and caught up with Nuts in the lead (in '07 Mini). Then had another almighty scrap with MaddMaxx until the end. Got to the straight at the end of the last lap just behind Maxx and did think about hanging back but thought that would be a rubbish way to finish the race so we towed each other along with Maxx coming out on top by 0.35sec's after 3 x 16 mile laps! Great stuff. Maxx would also have been right up there in the championship if he hadn't missed a week too.

Roll on GT6!

13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Thanks guys. Kind of a shallow victory for me as I feel I didn't outright win it like the gt86 series. I felt like since the clubman b cars I was always on the backfoot even when you didn't make the one event nail. Also part of it was because in recent rounds I apparently took two different people out without even knowing or feeling contact so I apologize to those (still sorting out the last race incident). I even think maxx would of been ahead of me if he didn't miss a weekend too just came out strong since the silvias. Well done american comrade! Nurbring isn't my place but gt6 will be :)

14. cokebloke

Club GBRC Senior Member

Congrats Roman on winning the series.

Thanks for mentioning the knock at the end but don't worry about it Roman I'm really not worried about admin looking into it.
    The fact is it was not an aggressive move on your part and you ARE quicker than me anyway so what ever happens I'm still mid pack.
    It was a brilliant series and felt all the racing was close and fair with some brilliant drives from everyone.
    Thanks by the way to Shay for both waiting after a knock and pushing me up the straight:D
    I still feel for bnic, he organised the event and put a lot of thought into the final race and then ended up missing it due to family health problems so perhaps we can rerun it with the Mini's when your back on track Bruce, don't know what everyone else thinks??

15. carlos77744

Club GBRC Senior Member

Nice win roman i dont think the incidents detract from the win the ring is always tight so there's always going to be incidents nail is a bit off a front wheel drive master so with 3 fw he was always going to be near the top and nice one max and huff hope you enjoyed your first gbrc championship and enjoyed the clean fair racing more to come in gt6 and to everyone else bring it on gt6 and 3 more years off gbrc racing .

16. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

17. Zebaldus

Club GBRC Senior Member

THX m8, nice words! =)

18. numbnuts70

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done to all who took part and also to Roman for the Championship win.

The usual high standard of racing on what, is a narrow, unforgiving circuit was maintained.

Maybe you'll consider Oldnail to be your new 'nemesis' :fish:, even though I don't where that 'nemesis' thing came from in first place

19. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Sorry Numbnuts. When I first joined GBRC I was stunned by your pace and badmotorfingers (though I known him and raced w him before I joined. Actually him and bigken recommended me here.) so you and badmotorfinger will forever be my nemesis! Also when you were on your hotstreak I think Q2 leon and I were the only ones to give you a run for your money consistently

20. VagueGT

Club GBRC

Apologies for not having posted replay up yet, not had the time :(

If you still want it posted let me know and ill get in on tuesday, seem to have misplaced my memory stick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.