1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Visitor, welcome to GTArena. Glad you are here, now why don't you sign up and join the fantastic, clean and competitive club racing. You can read more HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Why don't you check out GTA club Listings and look for a club to join GTA Clubs
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Why not go and check out the GTArena Club Forums ! GBRC Forum for you guys based in Europe, or ALV Forum for those of you based in North America
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Why not check out the latest GTA CLub News and Gossip ALV News or GBRC Newsl
    Dismiss Notice
  6. You can check out all GTA Casual and Official events rights here..GTA Events
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Official events for GT Arena Club GBRC are posted here. Events span a 16 week season. If you find events all closed, you are viewing during off season. Stay tuned and new evetns will be posted before the new season starts.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Closed Event [Sep 7, 2014] Q2 GBRC CLubman Class C Real Circuit Tour (Entries now Closed) (Bnic11)

Discussion in 'GBRC Current Season Official Events' started by bnic11, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
You can not signup for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Q2 GBRC CLubman Class C Real Circuit Tour (Entries now Closed)
Bnic11
Signups: 0
Posted By : PAPPACLART
Start: Sep 7, 2014 08:00 PM
End: Sep 7, 2014 10:00 PM
Time Zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
  1. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I figured as much I know i lost a lot of points to him at rbr. Seemed too good to be true. But there's still a chance!

2. Fido996

Club GBRC Senior Member

All you need is two fastest laps and a pole and you're more or less there! ;)

3. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Easier said than done lol. I haven't even tested at brands yet

4. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I'll fill this bit out for you ready to copy and paste for your Randy McSandbag act:

RacingRoman23R said:
    Really struggling for pace at Brands, can only manage 2.59's at the moment... ;)

RacingRoman23R, bnic11 and Fido996 like this.
  5. ejd_eire

Club GBRC Senior Member

Hi guys,

Seen this is a shopping arcade in the south of Spain last week. Thinking of applying this camber setting to the 500's rear for Brands........ See ya on track today/tonight

[​IMG]

Fido996, PAPPACLART and JamienGem like this.
  6. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

No Randy McSandbag techniques here jim. I ran about 15 laps and the fastest i could go is a 1:42.8XX Does anyone know ideal sector times? I have no idea where I'm losing the time. Turn 1? Turn 4? Turn 8?

Jimantonic likes this.
  7. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

I haven't really looked at sector times Roman, I take note of sector 1 and 2 during the lap but sector 3 flashes up mid turn and puts me off.
    Sector 1 is 20.3 (does that sound right?) and sector 2 is around 36.0/35.9 total lap time.
    My fastest was a 20.2 followed by a 35.6, must admit this isn't my most consistent track for lap times.

My suspiscion is turn 8 where you will gain time, needs a lot of commitment to take as much curb on entry as legally possible and balance the car on exit running extremely close to the grass.

8. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Or is it turn 7? I mean the blind right at the top of the crest.

9. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Turn 7 going by this:

Attached Files:

10. SILVERLINE

Club GBRC

Just in case you didn't know I'm on HOLIDAY from tomorrow, So good luck for Sunday hope it's a good one and don't be feeling too hollow about taking my podium place but I guess it is totally understandable ! ;)

Chow for now.

Silver :D

11. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

I finally got my time down to high 1:41 but my problem is turn 1. I either go too fast and bin it or I leave too much on the table but at this point ill leave the extra on the table.

12. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

High 41... does that mean a low 40 then? ;)
    Not really an accurate guide for you to compare to but when my car is stable and off the curb on the exit of 1 a glance at the speedo shows 91 mph.

13. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Prepare to lose today.......RACINGROMAN MUAHAHAHA! (yeah im sacked for this race. Just going to try to hold my ground as best as I can.) I think now I'm more concerned with Janner gaining points on me than me trying to catch Clay

14. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

You'd have to do really badly and me really well for me to make up almost 30 points Elias so I shouldn't sweat it too much.

15. bnic11

Aministrator Club GBRC

Congratulations to Clay on his first Championship win........fantastic pace & consistantcy throughout the series

Full announcements will be made tomorrow;)

RacingRoman23R likes this.
  16. rams1de

Club GBRC Senior Member

Well done Jim and Coke on their wins and congrats to Clay for winning the championship, well deserved.

I feared this event could be carnage when practising but it turned to be a lot of fun, from my race at least. Didn't have the pace of Jim, Fido, Clay and Roman at the top of the pack but enjoyed a good game of cat and mouse with Bruce until the pit stop.

Came out behind Jamie and had a heck of job trying to get past. I was sure he hadn't pitted and spent two laps, at least, suggesting rather loudly that he should do it quickly otherwise Bruce was going to pass me as he was all over my rear (Jim and Gary can settle down - didn't mean it like that) Didn't hear me of course but I managed to squeeze by and get clear of Bruce and Carl to finish 5th.

I ran off track early in the second race which I think possibly helped my race. A few laps driving in clean air at the rear got me relaxed while everything up ahead looked tightly bunched and I imagine a bit fraught. Caught the pack with three or four laps remaining and was able to take advantage of mistakes late in the race to finish mid pack.

Thanks to Bruce for organising, an interesting series with a few great tracks.

#576 rams1de, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  17. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

Just couldn't make it click for me today. Just never got comfortable with the car track combo. With that being said I congradulate Clay on his first championship win! As for me I exceeded my own expectations. Most of the time I struggle with FF cars in a competitive environment but 2 wins and a handful of podiums I'm happy with second overall

18. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Are second hand overalls the prize for second place? I hope they've been washed.

My suspicions rang true tonight as I knew if I spent too much time with the GT300's I'd lose some pace with the Pug through lack of warm up/recent practice, only manage a 41.6 in quali after having been able to knock on the door of a 40.9 in practice last week.

In race 1 Steve and I pulled a gap within 1 lap, and I was actually thinking of a way to tell Steve 'just gun it, I won't attack until we have a nice gap', but didn't need to as he didn't really slow in anticipation of me making a move.
    Then came the 'STEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE' moment, I rekon I get as gutted as you do Steve as you have the pace and cosistency just not the luck!!

19. RacingRoman23R

ALV Club Admin Club ALV

^ I see what you did there you spanner o_O

20. Jimantonic

Club GBRC Senior Member

Having looked at the replay of race 2 last night I saw contact on 3 of the overtakes I made, I have PM'd the race admin account to ask them to look into all three and will gladly accept any due outcome.
    Steve, I didn't even notice our contact at the time as I was concentrating on Clay and Roman up ahead, even though it was quite substantial!
    Carrie, I'm pretty sure I was alongside enough but still felt contact on entry to the corner, apologies if you feel otherwise.
    Jamie, at the time I thought you were going to have an off track excursion which is why I didn't back off.

Apologies again to all involved.

On a lighter note I had some great battles in race 2, first off with Clay. I knew you'd try the switch back into turn 1 and tried to hold my line on the curb to deny you the move but carried too much speed giving you the perfect setup to pull it off, great racing ;)

Also, kudos to Carrie, a run on me on the start/finish straight led to us being wheel to wheel through turns 1 + 2, I knew there wouldn't be space for both of us into turn 3 so backed out of it, but great racing and car control ;)

Going to try and get a little video of a moment between me and Coke, literally millimeters from disaster!!

SILVERLINE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.